Nalu Demo Not working on 6800GT

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

After eagerly installing my new card I downloaded the demo Nalu, and on
running it I get a blank screen (with menus at the top that don't work) with
the music playing. An extensive google search only turns up a problem when
running in dual monitor mode, which I am not. I've benchmarked the card with
Far Cry and got the same FPS as PC Zone in hteir review, so iyt's not the
cards fault. Also, upgraded to 1Gig PC3200 400MHZ ram today and downloaded
fresh Demo, still no luck.

Anyone had any problems, or know of anu possible solutions?

System:

Athlon XP3000
Epox VIA KT600 8KRA2 motherboard
80gig HDD @ 7,200rpm
2x 512mb PC3200 400mhz RAM
Galaxy Geforce FX 6800 GT (370Mhz)
Soundblaster Live! 5.1 soundcard
500W ATX power supply
Pioneer 4x DVD/RW +/-

Cheers

NaDa

"Steve" <steveswain@btinternet.com> wrote:
> After eagerly installing my new card I downloaded the demo Nalu, and on
> running it I get a blank screen (with menus at the top that don't work) with
> the music playing. An extensive google search only turns up a problem when
> running in dual monitor mode, which I am not. I've benchmarked the card with
> Far Cry and got the same FPS as PC Zone in hteir review, so iyt's not the
> cards fault. Also, upgraded to 1Gig PC3200 400MHZ ram today and downloaded
> fresh Demo, still no luck.
>
> Anyone had any problems, or know of anu possible solutions?
>
> System:
>
> Athlon XP3000
> Epox VIA KT600 8KRA2 motherboard
> 80gig HDD @ 7,200rpm
> 2x 512mb PC3200 400mhz RAM
> Galaxy Geforce FX 6800 GT (370Mhz)
> Soundblaster Live! 5.1 soundcard
> 500W ATX power supply
> Pioneer 4x DVD/RW +/-
>
> Cheers

If you don't have XP or Win2000, they may not work at all. That was
the case with FX demos.

Smitty

Distinguished
May 25, 2004

Steve,
I had the same problem....right now I am using the Nvidia Forceware
62.01s along with the VIA 4.53 chipset drivers...this cleared the demo
problems with me....hopefully this will work for you too.

"Steve" <steveswain@btinternet.com> wrote in message
> After eagerly installing my new card I downloaded the demo Nalu, and on
> running it I get a blank screen (with menus at the top that don't work)
> with
> the music playing. An extensive google search only turns up a problem when
> running in dual monitor mode, which I am not. I've benchmarked the card
> with
> Far Cry and got the same FPS as PC Zone in hteir review, so iyt's not the
> cards fault. Also, upgraded to 1Gig PC3200 400MHZ ram today and downloaded
> fresh Demo, still no luck.
>
> Anyone had any problems, or know of anu possible solutions?
>
> System:
>
> Athlon XP3000
> Epox VIA KT600 8KRA2 motherboard
> 80gig HDD @ 7,200rpm
> 2x 512mb PC3200 400mhz RAM
> Galaxy Geforce FX 6800 GT (370Mhz)
> Soundblaster Live! 5.1 soundcard
> 500W ATX power supply
> Pioneer 4x DVD/RW +/-
>
> Cheers

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

Cheers for your responses, I finally got it to work by doing as you said -
updaing VIA drivers and uninstalling Forceware 61.77 drivers (then using
drivercleaner) and installing the beta 66.0 drivers.

All the demos work now, apart from Timbury. So I'm not too worried anymore!

Still annoying tho'.