Nvidia Geforce 200 driver config problem

Can anyone help me with this? I have a Geforce 200 card. I wanted to
update the driver for a new Sims2 program called Bodyshop. It was working
okay before I updated, but I thought it might make the performance better
with the latest driver, and the Sims2 game that's coming out next month.
The driver installed fine, but when I opened Bodyshop I could barely turn my
sims. I did try changing some driver settings, but nothing seemed to help.
I ended up rolling back to the older driver, and I can turn my sims better
now. Is there some configuration setting I'm missing that would help here?
I really want to be able to play the new Sims2 game, but I'm not sure how
this will affect gameplay. I cannot at this time upgrade the video card
itself, so if anyone can help me with configuring this card better, I'd
appreciate it. Thanks.
--
Carrigon
http://carrigon.proboards15.com

    "Julie Carrigon" <carrigon@NOSPsuscom.net> wrote in message
    > Can anyone help me with this? I have a Geforce 200 card. I wanted to
    > update the driver for a new Sims2 program called Bodyshop. It was working
    > okay before I updated, but I thought it might make the performance better
    > with the latest driver, and the Sims2 game that's coming out next month.
    > The driver installed fine, but when I opened Bodyshop I could barely turn
    my
    > sims. I did try changing some driver settings, but nothing seemed to
    help.
    > I ended up rolling back to the older driver, and I can turn my sims better
    > now. Is there some configuration setting I'm missing that would help
    here?
    > I really want to be able to play the new Sims2 game, but I'm not sure how
    > this will affect gameplay. I cannot at this time upgrade the video card
    > itself, so if anyone can help me with configuring this card better, I'd
    > appreciate it. Thanks.
    > --
    > Carrigon

    Update on this. In Open GL settings, I checked off "use fast linier
    mipmap", in Direct 3D I checked off "Enable Alternate Depth". Then I turned
    off Norton and my Ad muncher. Now the sims are turning much faster. I
    don't know if it was the settings or turning off Norton, but I suspect
    Norton has something to do with it. We'll probably have to turn off our
    antivirus anyway just to play the game like we always do. And I'm running
    Bodyshop in fullscreen right now. Hopefully, all this tweaking will help
    when I get the game, but I have made Bodyshop run a bit better.

    Just a sidenote: I have a bug with hitting F6 to make my sims raise their
    arms. The sim disappears, but is easily restored if I click on another
    piece of clothing or refresh. The newer driver actually got rid of this
    bug, but now that I'm back to the older one, same problem. Hopefully that
    won't have anything to do with gameplay.
    --
    Carrigon
    http://carrigon.proboards15.com
    ANS-Alpha Nu Sigma--TV and Movie Spoilers Sorority Style

    What is a Geforce 200 card?

    Geforce 2 MX 200
    Geforce 3 Ti200
    Geforce 4 Ti4200
    Geforce FX 5200

    Any others that someone can think of to add to this list?

    "Julie Carrigon" <carrigon@NOSPsuscom.net> wrote in message
    > Can anyone help me with this? I have a Geforce 200 card. I wanted to
    > update the driver for a new Sims2 program called Bodyshop. It was working
    > okay before I updated, but I thought it might make the performance better
    > with the latest driver, and the Sims2 game that's coming out next month.
    > The driver installed fine, but when I opened Bodyshop I could barely turn
    my
    > sims. I did try changing some driver settings, but nothing seemed to
    help.
    > I ended up rolling back to the older driver, and I can turn my sims better
    > now. Is there some configuration setting I'm missing that would help
    here?
    > I really want to be able to play the new Sims2 game, but I'm not sure how
    > this will affect gameplay. I cannot at this time upgrade the video card
    > itself, so if anyone can help me with configuring this card better, I'd
    > appreciate it. Thanks.
    > --
    > Carrigon
    > http://carrigon.proboards15.com
    > ANS-Alpha Nu Sigma--TV and Movie Spoilers Sorority Style

Nvidia Sims Geforce Graphics