Is there any RFC for telnet proxy?

Hello,

I know there are a lot of RFCs for telnet protocal. But how about
telnet proxy/gateway?

Thank you for your time!

Best Regards,
Bo Xie

Hello VB,

Thank you very much for your advice. I've tried the search engine of
www.rfc-editor.org, and it has no any result for "telnet proxy" or
"telnet gateway". I also have tried google, but not result too. That's
why I post it here.

Best Regards,
Bo Xie

xiebopublic@gmail.com wrote:
> I know there are a lot of RFCs for telnet protocal. But how about
> telnet proxy/gateway?

Please use http://www.rfc-editor.org - there is a searching engine
also.

Yours,
VB.
deutschen Schlafzimmern passiert".
Harald Schmidt zum "Weltjugendtag"

xiebopublic@gmail.com writes:
> Thank you very much for your advice. I've tried the search engine of
> www.rfc-editor.org, and it has no any result for "telnet proxy" or
> "telnet gateway". I also have tried google, but not result too. That's
> why I post it here.

one pointed to by
http://www.rfc-editor.org/repositories.html

not specifically search
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/rfcietff.htm

but categorization (organized by keywords found in titles and
abstracts) ... click on "Term (term>RFC#)" in "RFCs listed by" section
.... and find/move down to "proxy"

proxy
see also firewall
3820 3666 3665 3620 3603 3527 3487 3413 3361 3319 3313 3261 3238
3143 3135 3040 2844 2843 2607 2577 2573 2543 2322 2273 2263 2186
1919

clicking on the RFC number, brings up the RFC summary in the lower
frame. clicking on the ".txt=nnn" field retrieves the actual
RFC.

proxies started out being stub applications that did application-level
sanity checking of incoming requests (aka you actually had an
application that listened on the socket ... accepted the tcp
connection ... did minimal processing and then created a new tcp
connection to the "real" application, forwaring the information). much
of the early checking was trying to catch things like buffer overflow
exploits
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/subpubkey.html#overflow

for instance

1919 I
Classical versus Transparent IP Proxies, Chatel M., 1996/03/28
(35pp) (.txt=87374) (Refs 959, 1383, 1597)

in contrast, early firewalls started out doing various kind of
checking & filtering below the application level.

early on, you also had (port) wrappers ... possibly running on same
machine (rather than boundary machine). the wrappers might provide
things like different authentication checking (aka rather than have
straight telnet userid/password ... front-end providing more
sophisticated authentication processes ... before directly contacting
telnet). i don't have keyword entry for wrappers.

xiebopublic@gmail.com wrote:
> Thank you very much for your advice. I've tried the search engine of
> www.rfc-editor.org, and it has no any result for "telnet proxy" or
> "telnet gateway".

Of course not. Sorry.

A telnet gateway is a host, you can reach via telnet, and this host then
allows you to start another telnet session on itself.

So there is no need for a special RFC for this.