Hardware question Geforce 2 GTS

Hello!
I wanted to replace my old graphicscard with a slightly newer cheap one
from Ebay, a NV2GTSA from Pixelview according to the number printed on
the card.

Sadly when it arrived a small black cylindre with "330 6S OL8" printed
on it was loose in the transparent bag of the card. A condensator? An
identical thing is still fixed on the card.

I do not want to risk damaging my motherboard, as I don´t have a clue
how important that thing ist, so I ask you if this card is a total loss
or I could hope to still use it.
bye
Michael
1 answer Last reply
More about hardware question geforce

    It's most likely a capacitor. If you know the component's original location,
    solder it back on, or ask your friend to do it if he has steadier hands.

    "Michael Romes" <netterNachbar6@lycos.de> wrote in message
    > Hello!
    > I wanted to replace my old graphicscard with a slightly newer cheap one
    > from Ebay, a NV2GTSA from Pixelview according to the number printed on
    > the card.
    >
    > Sadly when it arrived a small black cylindre with "330 6S OL8" printed
    > on it was loose in the transparent bag of the card. A condensator? An
    > identical thing is still fixed on the card.
    >
    > I do not want to risk damaging my motherboard, as I don´t have a clue
    > how important that thing ist, so I ask you if this card is a total loss
    > or I could hope to still use it.
    > bye
    > Michael

Nvidia Hardware Geforce Graphics