Hardware question Geforce 2 GTS

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 29, 2004 4:31:23 PM

Hello!
I wanted to replace my old graphicscard with a slightly newer cheap one
from Ebay, a NV2GTSA from Pixelview according to the number printed on
the card.

Sadly when it arrived a small black cylindre with "330 6S OL8" printed
on it was loose in the transparent bag of the card. A condensator? An
identical thing is still fixed on the card.

I do not want to risk damaging my motherboard, as I don´t have a clue
how important that thing ist, so I ask you if this card is a total loss
or I could hope to still use it.
bye
Michael
Anonymous
August 29, 2004 7:08:56 PM

It's most likely a capacitor. If you know the component's original location,
solder it back on, or ask your friend to do it if he has steadier hands.

!