Decided on 6800 GT

I've decided on a 6800 GT card, more specifically the BFG branded GT. Does
anyone know of another brand card that is comparable to this one on a
performance level, again in GT form and function?? Or at least a site that
pits all GT cards against each other?? The BFG is apparently a popular
card, and if I cant get one I need to know what other GT cards is close in
price/performance.

Thanks

--Brenden

I got a BFG card 4 days ago. It is a great card and it is cheaper compared
to other brand, like Asus...

It overclocks very well also... Go to www.hardocp.com should you wish more
details.

Daniel

www.dromadaire.com/cimetiere/ouonsenva (français)
ou/or
www.dromadaire.com/cimetiere/english (english)
"Brenden D. Chase" <brendenREMOVE77@cox.net> a écrit dans le message de
> I've decided on a 6800 GT card, more specifically the BFG branded GT.
Does
> anyone know of another brand card that is comparable to this one on a
> performance level, again in GT form and function?? Or at least a site
that
> pits all GT cards against each other?? The BFG is apparently a popular
> card, and if I cant get one I need to know what other GT cards is close in
> price/performance.
>
> Thanks
>
> --Brenden

On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 15:48:29 -0400, "Brenden D. Chase"
<brendenREMOVE77@cox.net> wrote:

>I've decided on a 6800 GT card, more specifically the BFG branded GT. Does
>anyone know of another brand card that is comparable to this one on a
>performance level, again in GT form and function?? Or at least a site that
>pits all GT cards against each other?? The BFG is apparently a popular
>card, and if I cant get one I need to know what other GT cards is close in
>price/performance.

I think all of the BFG cards carry the OC moniker, which means they
are slightly overclocked out of the box, but because of that they use
a dual fan solution which is probably a bit more noisy than the
reference design.

FWIW, I was playing around with my eVGA 6800 GT today and used
Coolbits and the "automatic overclock" feature to see what it
considered to be a safe OC, and it went to 411/1.12. So you can
pretty much be assured to get the mild OC that BFG applies with
virtually any reference card, but not have the associated noise.

I have a BFG 6800 GT OC with the dual fans and it isn't noisy at all so I'm
not sure what you are talking about. I've been using it for almost 3 weeks
now and don't notice any more fan noise compared to the LeadTek Ti 4200 that
was installed previously.
"Folk" <Folk@folk.com> wrote in message
> On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 15:48:29 -0400, "Brenden D. Chase"
> <brendenREMOVE77@cox.net> wrote:
>
>>I've decided on a 6800 GT card, more specifically the BFG branded GT.
>>Does
>>anyone know of another brand card that is comparable to this one on a
>>performance level, again in GT form and function?? Or at least a site
>>that
>>pits all GT cards against each other?? The BFG is apparently a popular
>>card, and if I cant get one I need to know what other GT cards is close in
>>price/performance.
>
> I think all of the BFG cards carry the OC moniker, which means they
> are slightly overclocked out of the box, but because of that they use
> a dual fan solution which is probably a bit more noisy than the
> reference design.
>
> FWIW, I was playing around with my eVGA 6800 GT today and used
> Coolbits and the "automatic overclock" feature to see what it
> considered to be a safe OC, and it went to 411/1.12. So you can
> pretty much be assured to get the mild OC that BFG applies with
> virtually any reference card, but not have the associated noise.

chip

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2001

"OldFartJAC" <ihatespam@spamupyours.com> wrote in message
> I have a BFG 6800 GT OC with the dual fans and it isn't noisy at all so
I'm
> not sure what you are talking about. I've been using it for almost 3 weeks
> now and don't notice any more fan noise compared to the LeadTek Ti 4200
that
> was installed previously.

And in fact not all BFG 6800GT OC's have the dual fan. Mine doesn't.

Its really quite quiet, but admittedly I will be fitting a VGA Silencer when
I can get hold of one. I kindof got used to the silence of my old 9700 Pro
with a VGA Silencer on it. The new card certainly isn't noisy, but its not
as quiet as a VGA Silencer-equipped card.

Chip

> "Folk" <Folk@folk.com> wrote in message
> > On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 15:48:29 -0400, "Brenden D. Chase"
> > <brendenREMOVE77@cox.net> wrote:
> >
> >>I've decided on a 6800 GT card, more specifically the BFG branded GT.
> >>Does
> >>anyone know of another brand card that is comparable to this one on a
> >>performance level, again in GT form and function?? Or at least a site
> >>that
> >>pits all GT cards against each other?? The BFG is apparently a popular
> >>card, and if I cant get one I need to know what other GT cards is close
in
> >>price/performance.
> >
> > I think all of the BFG cards carry the OC moniker, which means they
> > are slightly overclocked out of the box, but because of that they use
> > a dual fan solution which is probably a bit more noisy than the
> > reference design.
> >
> > FWIW, I was playing around with my eVGA 6800 GT today and used
> > Coolbits and the "automatic overclock" feature to see what it
> > considered to be a safe OC, and it went to 411/1.12. So you can
> > pretty much be assured to get the mild OC that BFG applies with
> > virtually any reference card, but not have the associated noise.

> I have a BFG 6800 GT OC with the dual fans and it isn't noisy at all
> so I'm not sure what you are talking about. I've been using it for

The fans look like 60mm fans. Fans of that size are either noisy or not
effective. I'd wager that the rest of your system is drowning out the
noise from the 6800 GT.

>> I have a BFG 6800 GT OC with the dual fans and it isn't noisy at all
>> so I'm not sure what you are talking about. I've been using it for
>
> The fans look like 60mm fans. Fans of that size are either noisy or not
> effective. I'd wager that the rest of your system is drowning out the
> noise from the 6800 GT.

Actually, I meant to say that they look like 40mm fans.

BFG is a good card. eVGA is also good. They OC well, are quiet and can be
traded up within 90days of purchase - might be handy if they come out with a
6850 GT Pro or something for near the same price :)
They also have a good forum and service. For me it was a toss-up between
these 2 cards, but the eVGA came with Far Cry (now with Doom3) and I hadn't
bought it yet, so that was like a $40 discount.

Gary

--

Tweaks & Reviews
www.slottweak.com

"Brenden D. Chase" <brendenREMOVE77@cox.net> wrote in message
> I've decided on a 6800 GT card, more specifically the BFG branded GT.
Does
> anyone know of another brand card that is comparable to this one on a
> performance level, again in GT form and function?? Or at least a site
that
> pits all GT cards against each other?? The BFG is apparently a popular
> card, and if I cant get one I need to know what other GT cards is close in
> price/performance.
>
> Thanks
>
> --Brenden

TRENDING THREADS