[gta:sa] replay any level

why didn't rockstar include a "mission replay" in san andreas?

they could have included a large warehouse with icons representing each
mission... much along the lines of the vehicle garages they had in gta iii.

still, if they had, i wouldn't have been able to bring you this...
"bryan's mission replay"!

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/bryan.stevens1/gtasa/saves/

each file is zipped so you'll need something like winzip

http://www.winzip.com

-----------
downloading
-----------

the file naming works just like san andreas... that is, if you pass the
"just business" mission and save the game, the save slot will be named
"just business".

if you want to replay "just business", you'll have to download "wrong side
of the tracks".

----------
installing
----------

when you've downloaded the relevant file, unzip it and put it in your "my
documents\gta san andreas user files" folder.

unzip the .b file and rename it to the following:

GTASAsf1.b

the number "1" in the file name can actually be any number from 1 to 8
to correspond to the save slot.

er... that's it. enjoy :-)
8 answers Last reply
More about replay level

    Hey thats really good, was thinking about this myself earlier. Thanks
    for this!

    I wondered when you'd get around to this! I very much appreciated the
    Vice City saves that you provided and look forward to having fun with
    these, although I already have a basic 100% save that I downloaded.

    That reminds me, I saw you mentioned a time for the Trial By Dirt track
    in VC, so I went and had a go at it and beat your time... while on a 5
    star wanted level, with FBI cars flying through the air all around me.
    I think the adrenaline must've helped.

    Phil Hibbs.

    On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 04:20:40 -0700, PhilHibbs wrote:

    > I wondered when you'd get around to this!

    :-)

    > I very much appreciated the Vice City saves that you provided and look
    > forward to having fun with these, although I already have a basic 100%
    > save that I downloaded.

    i haven't included a 100% save game this time because there are already
    loads of them around.

    what i have included are some bullet/damage/fire/explosion-proof
    vehicles... there's an admiral, a buffalo, a vortex (hovercraft) and, wait
    for it...

    a maverick!

    you can now fly over area 69 and the aircraft carrier with impunity!

    > That reminds me, I saw you mentioned a time for the Trial By Dirt track in
    > VC, so I went and had a go at it and beat your time... while on a 5 star
    > wanted level, with FBI cars flying through the air all around me. I think
    > the adrenaline must've helped.

    now that's just showing off! :-)

    On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 16:01:44 -0700, Mark wrote:

    > Hey thats really good, was thinking about this myself earlier. Thanks for
    > this!

    my pleasure :-)
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    In message <pan.2005.07.18.18.44.43.557274@rimmer.red-dwarf.lan>
    bryan <bryan@rimmer.red-dwarf.lan> wrote:

    > what i have included are some bullet/damage/fire/explosion-proof
    > vehicles... there's an admiral, a buffalo, a vortex (hovercraft) and, wait
    > for it...
    >
    > a maverick!

    How on earth did you get an everything-proof Maverick??

    I presume you've edited the vehicle properties, as I haven't seen one
    in the game.

    By the way, has anyone else noticed that the Hunter seems to take
    varied amounts of damage from the SAM launchers? There's also been a
    few occasions where the Hydra has recovered itself from two missiles
    and I can still stay in control (Despite a lot of smoke).

    The Hunter seems to have the same properties as in VC; for a certain
    amount of levels in Brown Thunder it repairs itself!

    Cheers,
    Rob
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 20:52:13 +0100, Rob White wrote:

    > In message <pan.2005.07.18.18.44.43.557274@rimmer.red-dwarf.lan>
    > bryan <bryan@rimmer.red-dwarf.lan> wrote:
    >
    >> what i have included are some bullet/damage/fire/explosion-proof
    >> vehicles... there's an admiral, a buffalo, a vortex (hovercraft) and,
    >> wait for it...
    >>
    >> a maverick!
    >
    > How on earth did you get an everything-proof Maverick??

    i towed it to the hangar at verdant meadows.

    > I presume you've edited the vehicle properties,

    would that work in a save file? i'd have to include config files as well.

    > as I haven't seen one in the game.

    yes you have... you just didn't know about it's properties :-)

    it's available during the mission "misappropriation".
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    In message <pan.2005.07.18.20.55.32.329242@rimmer.red-dwarf.lan>
    bryan <bryan@rimmer.red-dwarf.lan> wrote:

    > it's available during the mission "misappropriation".

    Y'know, I never thought of that!

    The first time I failed that mission I used a Hunter subsequently to
    launch a huge volley of missiles at everyone on the ground, but that
    Maverick always escapes with the mission target.

    Good find that man!

    Cheers,
    Rob
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 14:04:14 +0100, Rob White wrote:

    > In message <pan.2005.07.18.20.55.32.329242@rimmer.red-dwarf.lan>
    > bryan <bryan@rimmer.red-dwarf.lan> wrote:
    >
    >> it's available during the mission "misappropriation".
    >
    > Y'know, I never thought of that!
    >
    > The first time I failed that mission I used a Hunter subsequently to
    > launch a huge volley of missiles at everyone on the ground, but that
    > Maverick always escapes with the mission target.

    now you know why :-)

    > Good find that man!

    no! i can't take the credit for finding it!

    http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/grand_theft_auto_sa_bulletproof.txt

Games Video Games