Forceware application profiles and Steam games...

Howdy ya'll. Has anyone had any success getting
Forceware application profiles to work along side
Valve's Steam (and games like CS and HL)? I just
can't seem to get it working.
1 answer Last reply
More about forceware application profiles steam games

    On Sat, 4 Sep 2004 11:15:22 +0100, "Louis Vehleur"
    <LouisVehleur@Yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

    >Howdy ya'll. Has anyone had any success getting
    >Forceware application profiles to work along side
    >Valve's Steam (and games like CS and HL)? I just
    >can't seem to get it working.

    Unlikely to ever work. Steam-game profile data-structures are embedded
    in the Steam cache, and thus can be dynamically re-arranged at Valve's
    whim while still preserving an unchanged user-view, all via a Steam
    download-update.

    So, even if Forceware application profiles worked today, they might
    not tomorrow. Valve probably does not want access to any Steam game
    internals which is outside their purview and control. Would make it
    easier for the hackers and cheaters.

    John Lewis

Nvidia Games Steam Graphics