Any Dual DVI FX 5900?

Hi,

I have got a question:

Is there a videocard with 2 DVI connectors and
nVidia 5900 chipset available?

Best Regards
Thorsten

Not that I'm aware of.

--
DaveW

"Thorsten Malz" <thorsten.malz@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have got a question:
>
> Is there a videocard with 2 DVI connectors and
> nVidia 5900 chipset available?
>
> Best Regards
> Thorsten

"Thorsten Malz" <thorsten.malz@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have got a question:
>
> Is there a videocard with 2 DVI connectors and
> nVidia 5900 chipset available?
>
> Best Regards
> Thorsten

what's the dvi connection for anyway? thnx.

"tooly" <rdh11@bellsouth.net> schrieb ...
> what's the dvi connection for anyway? thnx.

I want to connect two flat panels (1600 x 1200) to
the video card.

Or did I misunderstood your question?

http://www.matrox.com/ not as well know as ATI And Nvidia cards. I
read good thing about them. There not as powerful as ATi and Nvidia.
I wish Nvidia and ATI would pic up on there lead and offer some
cards with multi monitor support. with the price of CRT's And LCD's
i think it would be worth ther effort. If you want more monitor
space. Look at a good CRT monitor. They still outpreform LCD, Lcd
have the tendancy to lag on fast frame moving games. I think there
only about three or four makers of the tubs for the monitor.

==============

dvi Digital video input. It what higher end LCD use for picture.
Most older and some CRT monitor use Older style inputs. I think
there a way convert A regular anolog oput to DVI with a cheap
adapter. I pretty sure that eventully when PCI come main stream your
going to be able to have to video cards in one system. Currently the
only way i've heard of people doing it now is through A AGP Card and
then a PCI video card. I know the've got a card out there. Im
Thinking matrox that has support to handle 4 monitors.

==============

peppythegimp wrote:

> http://www.matrox.com/ not as well know as ATI And Nvidia cards. I
> read good thing about them. There not as powerful as ATi and Nvidia.
> I wish Nvidia and ATI would pic up on there lead and offer some
> cards with multi monitor support.

Just about every ATI and nvidia based board made in the past 4 years or so
except the All-In-Wonders has multiple monitor support.

> with the price of CRT's And LCD's
> i think it would be worth ther effort. If you want more monitor
> space. Look at a good CRT monitor. They still outpreform LCD, Lcd
> have the tendancy to lag on fast frame moving games.

Depends on the LCD and if you're using a Matrox board then the monitor
lagging in games is not going to be an issue because the board's going to
be lagging a lot worse.

> I think there
> only about three or four makers of the tubs for the monitor.
>
> ==============
> troubleshooting newsgroups.

Uh, Peppy, learn to use a USENET newsreader.

--
--John
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

peppythegimp wrote:

> dvi Digital video input. It what higher end LCD use for picture.
> Most older and some CRT monitor use Older style inputs. I think
> there a way convert A regular anolog oput to DVI with a cheap
> adapter.

You think wrong. Such an adapter costs about $300US.

> I pretty sure that eventully when PCI come main stream your
> going to be able to have to video cards in one system.

Uh, PCI became mainstream about eight years ago. There is no obstacle to
having two video boards, or three, or four in your system, as long as you
have free PCI slots for them.

> Currently the
> only way i've heard of people doing it now is through A AGP Card and
> then a PCI video card.

Or two PCIs. But you only do that if you need more than two monitors.

> I know the've got a card out there. Im
> Thinking matrox that has support to handle 4 monitors.

However it's based on a chip that is ancient even by Matrox standards.

There don't appear to be any dual-DVI 5900s but there are dual-dvi 5700s and
6800s.