6800 Availability in UK

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
September 6, 2004 4:51:32 AM

I seem to be waiting weeks for my shiney new 6800GT to arrive, or be in
stock. Is everyone in the UK who has ordered one still waiting for it, or
has anyone actually gotten a hold of one yet?

--

..

More about : 6800 availability

September 6, 2004 5:03:49 AM

Vigil wrote:
> I seem to be waiting weeks for my shiney new 6800GT to arrive, or be
> in stock. Is everyone in the UK who has ordered one still waiting for
> it, or has anyone actually gotten a hold of one yet?

You're perturbingly far behind. They're widely available now. Especially the
Leadtek model. I got mine a month or 2 ago.
(Should also add it is a quite amazing video card, and probably the best
piece of hardware my PC's ever seen.)

--
"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like
administering medicine to the dead." -- Thomas Paine

In alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia, Vigil ordered an army of hamsters to
type:

> I seem to be waiting weeks for my shiney new 6800GT to arrive, or be in
> stock. Is everyone in the UK who has ordered one still waiting for it, or
> has anyone actually gotten a hold of one yet?

I ordered an XFX 6800GT from dabs ages ago they have loads of all sorts of
different makes in stock.
September 6, 2004 5:37:51 AM

On Mon, 06 Sep 2004 01:03:49 +0100, Danny wrote:

> You're perturbingly far behind. They're widely available now. Especially
> the Leadtek model. I got mine a month or 2 ago. (Should also add it is a
> quite amazing video card, and probably the best piece of hardware my PC's
> ever seen.)

*cry*

--

..
Anonymous

overclockers... alot in stock...
September 6, 2004 8:29:05 PM

"Vigil" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
news:p an.2004.09.05.23.51.32.466697@privacy.net...
>I seem to be waiting weeks for my shiney new 6800GT to arrive, or be in
> stock. Is everyone in the UK who has ordered one still waiting for it, or
> has anyone actually gotten a hold of one yet?

Got my GT from Chillblast.com, was here in 24 hours. I would cancel and look
elsewhere my friend!
Anonymous
September 6, 2004 11:52:50 PM

Got mine ages ago from overclockers, XFX clocks to Ultra and beyond
Anonymous
September 7, 2004 3:39:01 AM

I got mine from the PC World Component Store, its a BFG 6800 Ultra OC. You get
to the ordering page via the PC World main site.

Turn-around was FAST. Make sure you have a good PSU to run it or you will get
lots of grief!

On Mon, 06 Sep 2004 00:51:32 +0100, Vigil <me@privacy.net> wrote:

>I seem to be waiting weeks for my shiney new 6800GT to arrive, or be in
>stock. Is everyone in the UK who has ordered one still waiting for it, or
>has anyone actually gotten a hold of one yet?
Anonymous
September 7, 2004 4:48:15 AM

On Mon, 06 Sep 2004 19:52:50 +0100, MarkJ wrote:

> Got mine ages ago from overclockers, XFX clocks to Ultra and beyond

XFX you say? Hmm, I'm looking at the Leadtek. Apparently they offer the
best cooling system, and I would have thought that would overclock fine,
too...

--

..
Anonymous

> XFX you say? Hmm, I'm looking at the Leadtek. Apparently they offer the
> best cooling system, and I would have thought that would overclock fine,
> too...

Best cooling? Check MSI
September 7, 2004 5:26:32 PM

"Nefilim" <nefilim@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> I got mine from the PC World Component Store, its a BFG 6800 Ultra OC. You
get
> to the ordering page via the PC World main site.
>
> Turn-around was FAST. Make sure you have a good PSU to run it or you will
get
> lots of grief!

Got mine from there too. Its an OK (if not spectacular) card, but it was
*cheap*... I paid £258. Not bad for a 6800GT. I don't see the point of
paying £300+ for a card just for a better heatsink, when you can slap a VGA
Silencer on yourself for 20 quid. (Slap the VGA Silencer on the card that
is. Not slap it on yourself. You'd look pretty silly wearing a VGA
Silencer, LOL.)

Chip/.

!