oops! Wireless installation on old PENTIUM II 4A4LLOXO boa..

I gave up on the wireless router with a usb wireless adapter to the old
gateway. I then tried to install a wireless pci card in ppace of the
ethernet card. The pin config was somewhat different. When I fired up
the rig it didn't find the card. In the mean time i removed the
existing network adapters from the hardware devices manager hoping to
force it to recognize the new card, and now the rig doesn't load
windows and finds no network cards. I will go to safe mode and hide
there until I hear from you guys on what to do next. That's me cowering
under capacitor #17. Cheers.

my other computer is a Ferrari........
8 answers Last reply
More about oops wireless installation pentium 4a4lloxo

    did you try removing the card and rebooting?
    is the PCI version required for the card supported by the motherboard?
    what are you running for an OS?

    "zZero" <jsk2@excite.com> wrote in message
    > I gave up on the wireless router with a usb wireless adapter to the old
    > gateway. I then tried to install a wireless pci card in ppace of the
    > ethernet card. The pin config was somewhat different. When I fired up
    > the rig it didn't find the card. In the mean time i removed the
    > existing network adapters from the hardware devices manager hoping to
    > force it to recognize the new card, and now the rig doesn't load
    > windows and finds no network cards. I will go to safe mode and hide
    > there until I hear from you guys on what to do next. That's me cowering
    > under capacitor #17. Cheers.
    >
    > my other computer is a Ferrari........

    running 98se. Removed the card, installed old one and now won't reboot
    finding no network card. I have another card I'll try.

    workin on it. I have all cd's, floppy's, 2 ethernet cards, etc.I will
    remove and reboot.

    first message comes up as a firewall driver finding no network
    (adapter) installed. blue scrn hand. ctl-alt-del shows Msgsrv32 9not
    responding). I end task that and hd churns a bit then this error
    message "could not start DB server: socket() failed" Then the blue srcn
    sits there and ctl-alt del shows Wmexe.... This is w/o a network card
    installed. Maybe i should dump my firewall from safe mode? I tried the
    win98se setup floppy what doo i choose?

    Sorry, it says "there isn't any network component installed." This
    after putting back 2 different ethernet cards? I tried to load a
    network adapter from safe mode/ctl panel/network , but it didn't take.
    In sfe mode when I boot up one line at a time, "javasup. something"
    makes the HD annoyed. I may have to RF/C: again.....
  6. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000 (More info?)

    again, did you try removing all network cards and rebooting?
    concentrate on getting the system back to windows and remove the network
    cards from the equation.

    if windows still isn't restarting do a step by step startup where you can
    see everything load. you should be able to see what it is hanging on. you
    should be able to reboot from a w98se startup floppy if need be (you do have
    one right?) and fix this.

    > running 98se. Removed the card, installed old one and now won't reboot
    > finding no network card. I have another card I'll try.

  7. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000 (More info?)

    Sometimes devices need their own driver installed from the CD first, then
    98se will find them. No CD? Oh.
    "zZero" <jsk2@excite.com> wrote in message
    > running 98se. Removed the card, installed old one and now won't reboot
    > finding no network card. I have another card I'll try.

  8. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000 (More info?)

    Replaced the new "B" router with a new "G" router ($10 after rebate)
    and everything works!! Wooo...er..., hooooooo!!! Netgear "G" usb
    adapter ($10 after rebate as well). CompUSA

Gateway Wireless Computers