Toreno's weapons

According to a map I've seen, there is a selection of heavy weapons
available at Toreno's ranch. What unlocks this? I have done Green Goo,
which is the last of the Toreno path according to one of the guides I
have, but I can't find the kit. Is it just hard to find? I've looked in
the barn, in the house, out the front where the mission marker was,
down at the jetty, no luck.

Also I completed all 70 unique jumps, is there a reward? (In the game,
I mean...)

Phil Hibbs.

>The last mission for Toreno is not Green Goo. It's called Vertical Bird.

D'oh, I forgot that one! Thanks.

When I was playing on the PS2, I didn't know about the weapons, I kept
going to Tiera Robada for the HSRL, and the first pillar of the SF
railway bridge (and the northeast-LV-basement) for the MG. Now that I
know that you don't get them until quite near the end (Mission 93 out
of 99, looking Bryan's save sequence), I don't feel so bad, but I did
use the minigun a lot in the gang wars. Nothing takes down a horde of
Vagos like it.

Phil Hibbs.

"PhilHibbs" <snarks@gmail.com> wrote in message
> According to a map I've seen, there is a selection of heavy weapons
> available at Toreno's ranch. What unlocks this? I have done Green Goo,
> which is the last of the Toreno path according to one of the guides I
> have, but I can't find the kit.

The last mission for Toreno is not Green Goo. It's called Vertical Bird. The
mission becomes available when you return to LS.

Is it just hard to find? I've looked in
> the barn, in the house, out the front where the mission marker was,
> down at the jetty, no luck.

When they are available they are in the house easy to find.

> Also I completed all 70 unique jumps, is there a reward? (In the game,
> I mean...)

No reward unless you got some money for completing the last one. They don't
count towards 100% and don't mean much except for the fun in finding them.
I've found 48 of them.

In message <1121691614.058429.285760@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>
"PhilHibbs" <snarks@gmail.com> wrote:

> According to a map I've seen, there is a selection of heavy weapons
> available at Toreno's ranch.

Somebody said a minigun was in there, but I've never seen it. I've
checked before, during and after the first ranch mission 'Monster' but
to no avail.

> Also I completed all 70 unique jumps, is there a reward? (In the game,
> I mean...)

Only the cash reward you get for each jump, something like $35,000 in
total I think.

Cheers,
Rob

Rob White wrote:

> In message <1121691614.058429.285760@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>
> "PhilHibbs" <snarks@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > According to a map I've seen, there is a selection of heavy weapons
> > available at Toreno's ranch.
>
> Somebody said a minigun was in there, but I've never seen it. I've
> checked before, during and after the first ranch mission 'Monster' but
> to no avail.

The only time I have seen them is after I've completed the main
missions. I haven't checked though if they're there when you go back
to Los Santos. There are four very heavy weapons available inside the
house itself. I need to check if they're there earlier than the end or
they're pointless

--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
Stop and Look

"Paul Heslop" <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> Rob White wrote:
> >
> > In message <1121691614.058429.285760@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>
> > "PhilHibbs" <snarks@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > According to a map I've seen, there is a selection of heavy weapons
> > > available at Toreno's ranch.
> >
> > Somebody said a minigun was in there, but I've never seen it. I've
> > checked before, during and after the first ranch mission 'Monster' but
> > to no avail.
> >
> The only time I have seen them is after I've completed the main
> missions. I haven't checked though if they're there when you go back
> to Los Santos. There are four very heavy weapons available inside the
> house itself. I need to check if they're there earlier than the end or
> they're pointless

The OP was right that the weapons become available after the last Toreno
mission, he just had the wrong mission as the last one.

Ben Franklin wrote:

> "Paul Heslop" <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> > Rob White wrote:

> > > Somebody said a minigun was in there, but I've never seen it. I've
> > > checked before, during and after the first ranch mission 'Monster' but
> > > to no avail.
> > >
> > The only time I have seen them is after I've completed the main
> > missions. I haven't checked though if they're there when you go back
> > to Los Santos. There are four very heavy weapons available inside the
> > house itself. I need to check if they're there earlier than the end or
> > they're pointless
>
> The OP was right that the weapons become available after the last Toreno
> mission, he just had the wrong mission as the last one.

cool, that's reasonably early. I have heard the minigun is available
elsewhere but I hate having to run round to build up a collection of
weapons. at least with these you can save outside and run back in.

--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
Stop and Look
http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/

PhilHibbs wrote:
Nothing takes down a horde of Vagos (and anything else which wander
within half a mile) like it.

:O)

--

Rob White wrote:

> In message <42DBE41B.BCEECA43@blueyonder.co.uk>
> Paul Heslop <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > cool, that's reasonably early. I have heard the minigun is available
> > elsewhere but I hate having to run round to build up a collection of
> > weapons. at least with these you can save outside and run back in.
>
> The minigun can be found sort of nearby, on the San Fierro end of the
> big red railway bridge. You'll need a helicopter to get it though,
> every tall vehicle I've tried hasn't worked, although I didn't try
> hauling a trailer up there with a big rig.
>
> Cheers,
> Rob
> --
> .__ __ |__ |__ .|__ __ | Rob White, Half Man Half Biscuit.
> | / \| \ | | || ||| /__\ | mflt35@dsl.pipex.com
> | \__/|__/ |_|_|| |||__\___ | Wimbledon, London, England.

cheers, I'll take a look
--

In message <42DC14CB.6AAB9B69@blueyonder.co.uk>
Paul Heslop <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

> cheers, I'll take a look

Checked it last night, those weapons are there on my last 100% save,
although I can't verify when they actually spawn without starting a new
game. The minigun is just *too cool* with infinite ammo.

I have had a try at a Resident Evil 3 style pistol-only run-through,
but I definitely need some practice. I don't think I'm going to rest
until I can successfully take on four-plus stars without getting slayed.

:eek:)

Cheers,
Rob

Rob White wrote:

> In message <42DC14CB.6AAB9B69@blueyonder.co.uk>
> Paul Heslop <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > cheers, I'll take a look
>
> Checked it last night, those weapons are there on my last 100% save,
> although I can't verify when they actually spawn without starting a new
> game. The minigun is just *too cool* with infinite ammo.
>
> I have had a try at a Resident Evil 3 style pistol-only run-through,
> but I definitely need some practice. I don't think I'm going to rest
> until I can successfully take on four-plus stars without getting slayed.
>
> :eek:)
>
> Cheers,
> Rob
> --
> .__ __ |__ |__ .|__ __ | Rob White, Half Man Half Biscuit.
> | / \| \ | | || ||| /__\ | mflt35@dsl.pipex.com
> | \__/|__/ |_|_|| |||__\___ | Wimbledon, London, England.

the eagle is cool for fighting a lot as it's a one shot gun.

does the minigun go infinite with the amunation glitch?
--

In message <42DD2A9B.D9A133FF@blueyonder.co.uk>
Paul Heslop <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

> the eagle is cool for fighting a lot as it's a one shot gun.

The VC equivalent, the Python, was my weapon of choice. The M4 is still
a favourite now, but I really want to up the difficulty a little. Even
with a one shot kill all it's going to be much harder (Note that I am
aware that some mission force the use of a particular weapon).

> does the minigun go infinite with the amunation glitch?

I have tried that and it didn't work, but I thought that might be
because I had a shotgun, SMG and AK47 at the time. It's possible to get
all three of these weapons infinitely loaded at the same time, you can
even swap them for a weapon in the same group (Say, a sawn-off for a
combat shotgun for example) and it retains it.

Having a minigun early on in the game would *really* cool!

Cheers,
Rob

Rob White wrote:

> In message <42DD2A9B.D9A133FF@blueyonder.co.uk>
> Paul Heslop <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > the eagle is cool for fighting a lot as it's a one shot gun.
>
> The VC equivalent, the Python, was my weapon of choice. The M4 is still
> a favourite now, but I really want to up the difficulty a little. Even
> with a one shot kill all it's going to be much harder (Note that I am
> aware that some mission force the use of a particular weapon).
>
> > does the minigun go infinite with the amunation glitch?
>
> I have tried that and it didn't work, but I thought that might be
> because I had a shotgun, SMG and AK47 at the time. It's possible to get
> all three of these weapons infinitely loaded at the same time, you can
> even swap them for a weapon in the same group (Say, a sawn-off for a
> combat shotgun for example) and it retains it.
>
> Having a minigun early on in the game would *really* cool!
>
> Cheers,
> Rob
> --
> .__ __ |__ |__ .|__ __ | Rob White, Half Man Half Biscuit.
> | / \| \ | | || ||| /__\ | mflt35@dsl.pipex.com
> | \__/|__/ |_|_|| |||__\___ | Wimbledon, London, England.

:O) so how did you get infinite ammo for the minigun? Just saved them
up or use a cheat?
--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
Stop and Look
http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/

When I completed VC a few weeks ago I used the minigun at the end. I
didn't lose a single dollar.

Phil Hibbs.

In message <42DD91F0.5192041@blueyonder.co.uk>
Paul Heslop <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

> :O) so how did you get infinite ammo for the minigun? Just saved them
> up or use a cheat?

Very easily; I travelled from Grove Street after finishing the End Of
The Line mission to get 100% and simply traded in my rocket launcher :eek:)

I find the minigun more devastating than the RL(s), plus it looks more
impressive. Everytime I equip it I can't help thinking of Elvis in
Robert Rankin's 'Armageddon: The Musical'.

Let's kick ass!

Cheers,
Rob

Rob White wrote:

> In message <42DD91F0.5192041@blueyonder.co.uk>
> Paul Heslop <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > :O) so how did you get infinite ammo for the minigun? Just saved them
> > up or use a cheat?
>
> Very easily; I travelled from Grove Street after finishing the End Of
> The Line mission to get 100% and simply traded in my rocket launcher :eek:)
>
> I find the minigun more devastating than the RL(s), plus it looks more
> impressive. Everytime I equip it I can't help thinking of Elvis in
> Robert Rankin's 'Armageddon: The Musical'.
>
> Let's kick ass!
>
> Cheers,
> Rob
> --
> .__ __ |__ |__ .|__ __ | Rob White, Half Man Half Biscuit.
> | / \| \ | | || ||| /__\ | mflt35@dsl.pipex.com
> | \__/|__/ |_|_|| |||__\___ | Wimbledon, London, England.

:O) I just restart really nowadays, rather than playing on at the
end. I do have a saved game after end of the line but rarely use it