Recommendations for a BGF 6800 128MB

Michael

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I'm looking at a BGF nVidia 8600 128MB card and wanted to see if anyone had
any experience with this card. Is it good for gaming? Thanks in advance.

"Michael" <msbenn67@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I'm looking at a BGF nVidia 8600 128MB card and wanted to see if anyone
had
> any experience with this card. Is it good for gaming? Thanks in advance.

I'd definitively recommend it. It provides excellent performance for a
reasonable price. However, if you're a power gamer, the 6800GT might be more
up your alley.
Otherwise, the basic 6800 is an exellent board, and BFGs has the benefit of
running faster (350MHz core rather than 325MHz) than most others. I have
mine running at 400MHz core, 800MHz RAM on a 2.53GHz P4/533MHz FBS w/ 4x AGP
slot and 512 MB PC2700 RAM, my 3DMark03 score is ~9400. DOOM3 runs great @
1024X768, Medium Settings, and Far Cry is amazing-looking!
Hope this helps.

Vaughn