Far Cry And NVidia FX 5700 LE : Doesn't work!!

Hi all,
i've just bought a new PC 5 days ago, and i'm "fighting" with the
same problem since 3 days: Far Cry crashes at the startup (initial
demo screens) or at the main menu (the one with the beach).

I've a NVIDIA FX 5700LE with a PC Cybermate P4 Prescott
3ghz,Chipset Intel 865PE, AGP 8x, 256MB DDR400, 120gh GD seagate SATA,
800FSB and 1MB L2 cache.

Is anyone experiencing the same (frustating) problem ?

i've already try to lanch the game with:
- directX 9.0b found on the CD and the NVIDIA drivers found with the
PC: doesn't work
- I've installed the latest Drivers 61.77 Just downloaded: doesn't
work
- I've installed the Drivers 56.72 : doesn't work
- I've installed the Patch 1.1 found on the support site
- I've Installed the withdrawn Patch 1.2

Nothing works.
Pleeeeeease heeelp.
Thanks
Gianluca

"sssstr" <ssssstr@altern.org> skrev i en meddelelse
> Hi all,
> i've just bought a new PC 5 days ago, and i'm "fighting" with the
> same problem since 3 days: Far Cry crashes at the startup (initial
> demo screens) or at the main menu (the one with the beach).
>
> I've a NVIDIA FX 5700LE with a PC Cybermate P4 Prescott
> 3ghz,Chipset Intel 865PE, AGP 8x, 256MB DDR400, 120gh GD seagate SATA,
> 800FSB and 1MB L2 cache.
>
> Is anyone experiencing the same (frustating) problem ?
>
> i've already try to lanch the game with:
> - directX 9.0b found on the CD and the NVIDIA drivers found with the
> PC: doesn't work
> - I've installed the latest Drivers 61.77 Just downloaded: doesn't
> work
> - I've installed the Drivers 56.72 : doesn't work
> - I've installed the Patch 1.1 found on the support site
> - I've Installed the withdrawn Patch 1.2

Try "prime 95" ( torture ), "memtest86" and mayby 3Dmark2003.
What about other games?
What kind of Power supply do you have ?

Tim

N´far wrote:

> "sssstr" <ssssstr@altern.org> skrev i en meddelelse
>
>>Hi all,
>> i've just bought a new PC 5 days ago, and i'm "fighting" with the
>>same problem since 3 days: Far Cry crashes at the startup (initial
>>demo screens) or at the main menu (the one with the beach).
>>
>>I've a NVIDIA FX 5700LE with a PC Cybermate P4 Prescott
>>3ghz,Chipset Intel 865PE, AGP 8x, 256MB DDR400, 120gh GD seagate SATA,
>> 800FSB and 1MB L2 cache.
>>
>>Is anyone experiencing the same (frustating) problem ?
>>
>>i've already try to lanch the game with:
>>- directX 9.0b found on the CD and the NVIDIA drivers found with the
>>PC: doesn't work
>>- I've installed the latest Drivers 61.77 Just downloaded: doesn't
>>work
>>- I've installed the Drivers 56.72 : doesn't work
>>- I've installed the Patch 1.1 found on the support site
>>- I've Installed the withdrawn Patch 1.2
>

> Try "prime 95" ( torture ), "memtest86" and mayby 3Dmark2003.
> What about other games?
> What kind of Power supply do you have ?

Also try dumbing down your graphics settings in the game's options. It
may be you have the settings in the game cranked up to their best
settings. A 5700LE probably can't handle the workload. Also, it would be
in your best interest to upgrade your system RAM to 512mb. 256mb is kind
of low for running XP as the OS is an extreme memory pig.

> Open your case and see if you have a 250, 300W, 400W or whatever powersupply
> unit. And how many ampere the diff. voltages can support. Post it.
> Post your voltages ( motherboard manager ) idle condition and under load (
> 3D ).
>
> Google search " Farcry and Windows 2000 problems" might be useful as well.
>
> And ( again):
>
> > Try "prime 95" ( torture ), "memtest86" and mayby 3Dmark2003.
> Download the prg. and do some testing.
>
> > What about other games?
> Are they running without any problems?

Power supply 300W......
I've just now installed DOOM3....and SAME RESULT : it crash as soon as
i go reach the main menu!!!

what the F#@..k can be?? i've Win2k with Spack4 ...i've installed the
latest NVIDIA drivers 61.66..the 56.72..

> Power supply 300W......
> I've just now installed DOOM3....and SAME RESULT : it crash as soon as
> i go reach the main menu!!!
>
> what the F#@..k can be?? i've Win2k with Spack4 ...i've installed the
> latest NVIDIA drivers 61.66..the 56.72..

Try "prime 95" ( torture ), "Hot CPU tester" and "memtest86" and mayby
3Dmark2003 as well.
Download the prgs. and do some testing.

Installing more games won´t help you, I´m afraid. You need to do some
testing now.

G.