nforce ide driver...

Hello!

I have an Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe motherboard which works perfectly fine with my
standard Windows XP IDE drivers. But when I install the Nvidia 4.12 IDE
drivers, I get random lockups (esp when there is a lot of IDE activity, but
also when there is not...)
But performance when writing cd-r(w) on windows xp and ripping cd's is very
bad with the standard IDE drivers; which was a lot better with the Nvidia.

When will there be an update of those drivers? Anyone having the same
problems??
I used to have a Asus A7N8X (not E) Deluxe which behaved JUST THE SAME when
the Nvidia IDE was installed.
For the rest I have all the latest drivers, except IDE from Nvidia.

Thanks!

Config

AMD XP 2400+ (NOT OVERCLOCKED!!)
512Mb CL3 Apacer DDR400
A7N8X-E Deluxe
Maxtor 120Gb - 8Mb cache diamondmax
Iomega zip 250 IDE
Pioneer DVD-106
Plextor CD-RW 52*
1.44Mb Samsung Diskette
Chieftec 360W PSU + Chieftec CASE
AMD Cooler
Aopen Geforce 3 TI 200 128Mb DDR
Running WINDOWS XP SERVICE PACK 2 with all latest updates