help with my old TNT2 PCI card

SP

I had an old TNT2 m64 32MB PCI graphics card. After i upgraded i put it in
my dads machine to improve the very little performance it had, by using the
TNT2 instead of the onboard graphics. Until recently it will not play games
that use Direct3D. I have re-installed the drivers to no avail. and have
even completly uninstalled it and re-installed it. When looking in DirectX
Diag (dxdiag from run menu) in the display section both Directdraw and
direct3d are listed as not available. Can anyone tell me how to re-activate
this as i want to beat my mates on tiberium sun (one of the few games i have
that can actually run on that machine)

thanks alot

sp

SP

its got a celeron 700 in it. basically i just need it to run games that
require next to no cpu power.

sp wrote:

> When looking in DirectX Diag (dxdiag from run menu)
> in the display section both Directdraw and direct3d are
> listed as not available.

Do you have all the latst software (DirectX and TNT drivers) ?

A Google search suggests there were issues with DirectX8 on TNT2 cards.

Martin.

SP

latest directx and drivers are installed

sp

sp wrote:
> I had an old TNT2 m64 32MB PCI graphics card. After i upgraded i put
> it in my dads machine to improve the very little performance it had,
> by using the TNT2 instead of the onboard graphics. Until recently it
> will not play games that use Direct3D. I have re-installed the
> drivers to no avail. and have even completly uninstalled it and
> re-installed it. When looking in DirectX Diag (dxdiag from run menu)
> in the display section both Directdraw and direct3d are listed as not
> available. Can anyone tell me how to re-activate this as i want to
> beat my mates on tiberium sun (one of the few games i have that can
> actually run on that machine)

Did you disable the onboard video?

SP

that has also been done. i have also disabled the onboard adapter in device
manager

sp wrote:
> that has also been done. i have also disabled the onboard adapter in
> device manager

Which motherboard do you have? Which nvidia-drivers do you use?