Diff: bewteen x2, x4, x8 AGP settings

Phil

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2001

To help the numerous postings concerning agp settings

The difference between any of these settings is "sod all"

They is virtually no discernable difference to the human eye.

More importantly, there's practically no difference in physical performance
either. ~1-2% between 4x and 8x, at a maximum. More often, it's even less
than that.

"phil" <phip.dr@bdd;kv;lkf.co.uk> wrote in message
> To help the numerous postings concerning agp settings
>
> The difference between any of these settings is "sod all"
>
> They is virtually no discernable difference to the human eye.

Aardvark

> To help the numerous postings concerning agp settings
> The difference between any of these settings is "sod all"
> They is virtually no discernable difference to the human eye.

I got a agp4x ti4600/128 in a agp8x slot on my machine, no hindrance whatsoever.
Alex

Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

"phil" <phip.dr@bdd;kv;lkf.co.uk> wrote in message
> To help the numerous postings concerning agp settings
>
> The difference between any of these settings is "sod all"
>
> They is virtually no discernable difference to the human eye.

the only difference i found switching my board from 4x to 8x is 3dmark
reported that the cpu graphics tests score had doubled, made virtualy no
difference to 3d stuff tho

Bulshit, mine go's 8x or more faster at 8x :)

On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 15:12:20 GMT, "phil" <phip.dr@bdd;kv;lkf.co.uk>
wrote:

>To help the numerous postings concerning agp settings
>
>The difference between any of these settings is "sod all"
>
>They is virtually no discernable difference to the human eye.

>Bulshit, mine go's 8x or more faster at 8x :)

No it's not. If it's faster at 8X then it's probably just because your hardware
is not working like it should be at 4X.
My NF7-S with an 8X 4200 runs faster at 4X then 8X in benchmarks and also have
noticed better framerate at games with it running at 4X.

There really shouldn't be a big difference in speed and if there is something
else is going on with the hardware or drivers.