61.77 drivers and GForce 3?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
September 15, 2004 11:05:12 AM

On my second computer I've been using the 53.03 drivers with my old GForce 3
video card. Has anyone used the latest Nvidia 6.177 drivers on a GForce 3
and had good results ? I don't run games on this machine so I'm not
concerned with frame rates etc. just reliability.
Thanks,
Bob

More about : drivers gforce

Anonymous
a b \ Driver
September 15, 2004 4:21:54 PM

On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 07:05:12 -0400, "Bob" <luna5nospam@earthlink.net>
wrote:

>On my second computer I've been using the 53.03 drivers with my old GForce 3
>video card. Has anyone used the latest Nvidia 6.177 drivers on a GForce 3
>and had good results ? I don't run games on this machine so I'm not
>concerned with frame rates etc. just reliability.
>Thanks,
>Bob

Is it reliable now?

Unless you're looking for a new feature or support for a newer game,
then why upgrade?
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
September 15, 2004 5:30:30 PM

"Bob" <luna5nospam@earthlink.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> On my second computer I've been using the 53.03 drivers with my old GForce
3
> video card. Has anyone used the latest Nvidia 6.177 drivers on a GForce 3
> and had good results ? I don't run games on this machine so I'm not
> concerned with frame rates etc. just reliability.
> Thanks,
> Bob

the same results in doom3 on old and 61.77 drivers
GeForce 3 Ti 200 64MB

Byru
a b \ Driver
September 15, 2004 5:30:31 PM

I have been using 53.04 with my GF 3 Ti 200,no problems at all.
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
September 15, 2004 8:04:52 PM

61.76 on a GeForce3 classic - no problems

"Folk" <Folk@folk.com> wrote in message
> On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 07:05:12 -0400, "Bob" <luna5nospam@earthlink.net>
> wrote:
>
>>On my second computer I've been using the 53.03 drivers with my old GForce
>>3
>>video card. Has anyone used the latest Nvidia 6.177 drivers on a GForce 3
>>and had good results ? I don't run games on this machine so I'm not
>>concerned with frame rates etc. just reliability.
>>Thanks,
>>Bob
>
> Is it reliable now?
>
> Unless you're looking for a new feature or support for a newer game,
> then why upgrade?

Anonymous
a b \ Driver
September 16, 2004 3:47:40 AM

If your not having any problems I wouldn't update the drivers. I know you
posted you don't care about framerate, but why lose performance if you don't
have to.
I just tried the 61.77's with my 4200 and lost a lot of perfomance. I went
right back to the 44.03's still the best for my card and probably yours IMO.
September 16, 2004 9:31:32 AM

Thanks for all the replies.
Bob
"IDAssociates Inc." <idainc@nospam.cox.net> wrote in message
> 61.76 on a GeForce3 classic - no problems
>

> "Folk" <Folk@folk.com> wrote in message
>> On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 07:05:12 -0400, "Bob" <luna5nospam@earthlink.net>
>> wrote:
>>
>>>On my second computer I've been using the 53.03 drivers with my old
>>>GForce 3
>>>video card. Has anyone used the latest Nvidia 6.177 drivers on a GForce 3
>>>and had good results ? I don't run games on this machine so I'm not
>>>concerned with frame rates etc. just reliability.
>>>Thanks,
>>>Bob
>>
>> Is it reliable now?
>>
>> Unless you're looking for a new feature or support for a newer game,
>> then why upgrade?

Anonymous
a b \ Driver
September 16, 2004 1:21:01 PM

"Folk" <Folk@folk.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 07:05:12 -0400, "Bob" <luna5nospam@earthlink.net>
> wrote:
>
> >On my second computer I've been using the 53.03 drivers with my old
GForce 3
> >video card. Has anyone used the latest Nvidia 6.177 drivers on a GForce 3
> >and had good results ? I don't run games on this machine so I'm not
> >concerned with frame rates etc. just reliability.
> >Thanks,
> >Bob
>
> Is it reliable now?
>
> Unless you're looking for a new feature or support for a newer game,
> then why upgrade?

Dawn of War DEMO:
nvidia 4x.xx (45 fps)
nvidia 61.77 (65 fps)

I was amazed as well!
PS: I was using the older ones because they were a bit faster with doom3.
I have GeForce 3 Ti 200 card. (64mb)
Byru
!