61.77 drivers and GForce 3?

On my second computer I've been using the 53.03 drivers with my old GForce 3
video card. Has anyone used the latest Nvidia 6.177 drivers on a GForce 3
and had good results ? I don't run games on this machine so I'm not
concerned with frame rates etc. just reliability.
Thanks,
Bob
7 answers Last reply
More about drivers gforce

    On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 07:05:12 -0400, "Bob" <luna5nospam@earthlink.net>
    wrote:

    >On my second computer I've been using the 53.03 drivers with my old GForce 3
    >video card. Has anyone used the latest Nvidia 6.177 drivers on a GForce 3
    >and had good results ? I don't run games on this machine so I'm not
    >concerned with frame rates etc. just reliability.
    >Thanks,
    >Bob

    Is it reliable now?

    Unless you're looking for a new feature or support for a newer game,
    then why upgrade?

    "Bob" <luna5nospam@earthlink.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > On my second computer I've been using the 53.03 drivers with my old GForce
    3
    > video card. Has anyone used the latest Nvidia 6.177 drivers on a GForce 3
    > and had good results ? I don't run games on this machine so I'm not
    > concerned with frame rates etc. just reliability.
    > Thanks,
    > Bob

    the same results in doom3 on old and 61.77 drivers
    GeForce 3 Ti 200 64MB

    Byru

    I have been using 53.04 with my GF 3 Ti 200,no problems at all.

    61.76 on a GeForce3 classic - no problems

    "Folk" <Folk@folk.com> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 07:05:12 -0400, "Bob" <luna5nospam@earthlink.net>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>On my second computer I've been using the 53.03 drivers with my old GForce
    >>3
    >>video card. Has anyone used the latest Nvidia 6.177 drivers on a GForce 3
    >>and had good results ? I don't run games on this machine so I'm not
    >>concerned with frame rates etc. just reliability.
    >>Thanks,
    >>Bob
    >
    > Is it reliable now?
    >
    > Unless you're looking for a new feature or support for a newer game,
    > then why upgrade?

    If your not having any problems I wouldn't update the drivers. I know you
    posted you don't care about framerate, but why lose performance if you don't
    have to.
    I just tried the 61.77's with my 4200 and lost a lot of perfomance. I went
    right back to the 44.03's still the best for my card and probably yours IMO.

    Thanks for all the replies.
    Bob

    "Folk" <Folk@folk.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 07:05:12 -0400, "Bob" <luna5nospam@earthlink.net>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >On my second computer I've been using the 53.03 drivers with my old
    GForce 3
    > >video card. Has anyone used the latest Nvidia 6.177 drivers on a GForce 3
    > >and had good results ? I don't run games on this machine so I'm not
    > >concerned with frame rates etc. just reliability.
    > >Thanks,
    > >Bob
    >
    > Is it reliable now?
    >
    > Unless you're looking for a new feature or support for a newer game,
    > then why upgrade?

    Dawn of War DEMO:
    nvidia 4x.xx (45 fps)
    nvidia 61.77 (65 fps)

    I was amazed as well!
    PS: I was using the older ones because they were a bit faster with doom3.
    I have GeForce 3 Ti 200 card. (64mb)
    Byru

Nvidia Drivers Graphics