nVIDIA Cards and NT3.51?

A friend of mine is planning to reactivate a very old PC with NT3.51.
I'd give him one of my out-dated videocards. My old TNT or TNT2 M64
would be the best choice in resolution an display quality. But I can't
find any NT3.51 drivers for these cards (not even at driverguide.com).
I'm pretty sure that there were NT3.51 drivers in the past for these
cards. Even a Riva128 driver should do the trick - the Win31 driver
works well with these cards.

Is there someone how ran (or run?) an nVidia card with NT3.51?

Stephan
2 answers Last reply
More about nvidia cards

    If the machine can run NT3.51, it can run NT4, a much better option and much
    easier to find drivers for. YMMV, but this seems like the smartest thing to
    do..

    Biz wrote:

    > If the machine can run NT3.51, it can run NT4, a much better option and much
    > easier to find drivers for. YMMV, but this seems like the smartest thing to
    > do..
    >
    > "Karl-Stephan Werkmeister" <kastwerk@web.de> wrote in message
    > > A friend of mine is planning to reactivate a very old PC with NT3.51.
    [...]
    > > Is there someone how ran (or run?) an nVidia card with NT3.51?
    > >
    > > Stephan

    Ok, wouldn't have discussed this here, but, ;-):

    a) of course you are right
    b) you may notice a significant slowdown if you've got an old 486 or a
    P1 and less than about 32Mb RAM
    (you will say it is the smartest to buy a new PC...and so on... :-) )
    c) NT4 needs more HDD space :-))
    d) you may *want* to use old software instead of buying "new" one :-)))
    e) you might just want to see what the blind can do compared to the
    one-eyed
    f) ...

    However, I just wanted to know whether there were NT3.51 drivers for
    nVIDIA cards >= Riva128 out and if yes where to get them...

    btw: Yesterday I've found a Viper 330 driver for NT3.51. Let's see if it
    is useful.

    Stephan

Nvidia Drivers Graphics