Compact Flash Adaptor

a b α HP
April 10, 2004 7:27:42 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.hp.hardware,microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

I´m looking an CF adaptor like 2 in 1 so I can connect to my pocket pc
a CF modem and a CF gps simultaneously or a CF memory and a CF gsm phone
chip simultaneously.
Does it exist? I have an HP Jornada and it just have one CF slot and I need
something
to double it´s use function.

Write to: (Delete an @ when answering: spam protection)
danur@@ig.com.br

---

More about : compact flash adaptor

Anonymous
a b α HP
April 10, 2004 7:30:54 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.hp.hardware,microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

No, it doesn't exist.

"duram" <danur@@ig.com.br> wrote in message
> I´m looking an CF adaptor like 2 in 1 so I can connect to my pocket pc
> a CF modem and a CF gps simultaneously or a CF memory and a CF gsm phone
> chip simultaneously.
> Does it exist? I have an HP Jornada and it just have one CF slot and I
need
> something
> to double it´s use function.
>

> Write to: (Delete an @ when answering: spam protection)
> danur@@ig.com.br
>

> ---

a b α HP
April 10, 2004 10:10:57 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.hp.hardware,microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

Your best bet with the example you posted (GPS) is to use a serial GPS
connected to the Jornada's serial port and the CF slot for memory.

http://BevHoward.com/serial.htm#Jornada

Hope this helps,
Beverly Howard
a b α HP
April 11, 2004 12:17:45 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.hp.hardware,microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

Your best bet may be one of the CF adapters which connects through a USB port.
Check the specs carefully though. Some CF adapters work only with CF memory,
not with other CF devices... Ben Myers

On Sat, 10 Apr 2004 15:27:42 -0300, "duram" <danur@@ig.com.br> wrote:

>I´m looking an CF adaptor like 2 in 1 so I can connect to my pocket pc
>a CF modem and a CF gps simultaneously or a CF memory and a CF gsm phone
>chip simultaneously.
>Does it exist? I have an HP Jornada and it just have one CF slot and I need
>something
>to double it´s use function.
>

>Write to: (Delete an @ when answering: spam protection)
>danur@@ig.com.br
>

>---

a b α HP
April 11, 2004 4:54:06 AM

> Your best bet may be one of the CF adapters which connects through a USB
port.
> Check the specs carefully though. Some CF adapters work only with CF
memory,
> not with other CF devices... Ben Myers

But you can not connect such adapter to sync port of PDA... because it is
not USB host port.
There is no way to connect two CF cards to one port at the same time.

--

..: Jakub Kañczugowski
..: www.PDAclub.pl