Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Nvidia 6600 cards

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
Anonymous
September 17, 2004 2:02:53 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

Does anyone know if Nvidia's 6600 cards will be available in AGP format or
are they all going to be PCI Express?

More about : nvidia 6600 cards

September 17, 2004 2:02:54 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

they will be released at first in PCI express then released on AGP a few
months or so later

sp

"Quietman" <quietman1968 at hotmail dot com> wrote in message
news:zJCdnUBZB5R1YtTcRVn-sg@nildram.net...
> Does anyone know if Nvidia's 6600 cards will be available in AGP format or
> are they all going to be PCI Express?
>
Anonymous
September 17, 2004 2:02:54 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

As SP indicated. PCI-E will be first to be release then follow by AGP later
on.

CapFusion,....


"Quietman" <quietman1968 at hotmail dot com> wrote in message
news:zJCdnUBZB5R1YtTcRVn-sg@nildram.net...
> Does anyone know if Nvidia's 6600 cards will be available in AGP format or
> are they all going to be PCI Express?
>
Related resources
Anonymous
September 17, 2004 2:02:55 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

> they will be released at first in PCI express then released on AGP a few
> months or so later

I for one couldn't wait... so I found me a 5900XT for $99 on eBay. :) 
Anonymous
September 17, 2004 3:39:43 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

>As SP indicated. PCI-E will be first to be release then follow by AGP later
>on.
>
>CapFusion,....

I hope they do soon. I really want to see what that card can do.
Anonymous
September 17, 2004 7:11:21 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

>I for one couldn't wait... so I found me a 5900XT for $99 on eBay. :) 

That's not bad, does it actually work?
Anonymous
September 17, 2004 7:11:22 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

> That's not bad, does it actually work?

Seller says so; I haven't received the board yet. Should arrive Monday
according to UPS.
Anonymous
September 17, 2004 9:01:17 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

>Seller says so; I haven't received the board yet. Should arrive Monday
>according to UPS.

I was only joking. I hope I didn't jinx it for you.
Anonymous
September 17, 2004 11:01:31 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

> I for one couldn't wait... so I found me a 5900XT for $99 on eBay. :) 

Sad - 6600GT will be twice as fast, and very cheap.
September 17, 2004 2:04:34 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

apparently the 6600 not sure which one is capable of about 6800 3dmark2003
marks. Thats not bad considering i got a 5900XT and i get about 5500. So
it'll be slight improvement on the 5900xt i cant compare with any other
cards as i dont have any

sp

"PRIVATE1964" <private1964@aol.com> wrote in message
news:20040916193943.08240.00000704@mb-m18.aol.com...
> >As SP indicated. PCI-E will be first to be release then follow by AGP
> >later
>>on.
>>
>>CapFusion,....
>
> I hope they do soon. I really want to see what that card can do.
Anonymous
September 17, 2004 6:34:54 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

On 2004-09-17, Nicolai <emailxyznifo@fogh.com> wrote:
>
>
>> I for one couldn't wait... so I found me a 5900XT for $99 on eBay. :) 
>
> Sad - 6600GT will be twice as fast, and very cheap.
>
I'm pondering waiting until the 6600 series is released and then
getting a 5900 when the prices of those plummet. :p 

--
LJ
My Realm: http://www.myrealm.co.uk
Eddie's Extensions: http://freshmeat.net/projects/eddie42
Disco is to music what Etch-A-Sketch is to art.
September 17, 2004 7:40:18 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

get the 6600. for the sheer reason of having a bang upto date card that will
be guarenteed for quite a while. The 5900 series is a good purchase card.
i got the XT version and it causes me no problems and runs very well in my
rig

sp

"Linux Jay" <jamie@uranus.softham> wrote in message
news:slrnckltjg.jg0.jamie@uranus.softham...
> On 2004-09-17, Nicolai <emailxyznifo@fogh.com> wrote:
>>
>>
>>> I for one couldn't wait... so I found me a 5900XT for $99 on eBay. :) 
>>
>> Sad - 6600GT will be twice as fast, and very cheap.
>>
> I'm pondering waiting until the 6600 series is released and then
> getting a 5900 when the prices of those plummet. :p 
>
> --
> LJ
> My Realm: http://www.myrealm.co.uk
> Eddie's Extensions: http://freshmeat.net/projects/eddie42
> Disco is to music what Etch-A-Sketch is to art.
Anonymous
September 18, 2004 3:01:09 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

>>I for one couldn't wait... so I found me a 5900XT for $99 on eBay. :) 
>
> Sad - 6600GT will be twice as fast, and very cheap.

If by "cheap" you mean "costing at least twice as much". And the 5900XT
has the advantage of actually existing right now. I don't think we'll
see any AGP 6600GTs until Christmas.
September 20, 2004 10:29:24 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

"Nicolai" <emailxyznifo@fogh.com> wrote in message
news:414a6fa9$0$173$edfadb0f@dtext02.news.tele.dk...
>> I for one couldn't wait... so I found me a 5900XT for $99 on eBay. :) 
>
> Sad - 6600GT will be twice as fast, and very cheap.
>

The 6600s take a hit on memory bandwidth though, they don't even have a 256
bit memory interface.
Anonymous
September 23, 2004 10:57:23 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

I couldnt wait either and got a 5900, the original version
(400mhz/850mhz) for $127 on ebay. And that included the shipping. Its worked
great so far. Ive had it a couple of months already. And Ive been able to
OC it to 5950ultra speeds with no problem.
"Lachoneus" <lachoneus@nonexistent.invalid> wrote in message
news:cideji$1k9$1@news.xmission.com...
>> they will be released at first in PCI express then released on AGP a few
>> months or so later
>
> I for one couldn't wait... so I found me a 5900XT for $99 on eBay. :) 
!