How do I fix the task bar???

Hi all. Hope somebody can help with this. I had six of my
grandchildren here (whew!) and they spent a lot of time on
the two networked computers. And somehow I now have this problem.

What happens is that a call for any webpage puts its
normal identifier in the taskbar (ergo "eBay.com Seller list ...") --
but then it adds a second block of type that says "--- Microsoft
Internet ..."

After the website is closed, "eBay.com" etc. dutifully closes, but
that second Internet notification -- "Microsoft Internet ..." -- stays
in the task bar and has to be closed manually with a right
click/close.

This is most annoying, especially as these "Microsoft Internet" labels
pile up across the task bar after I have visited several sites.

What compounds the confusion over fixing this is that it doesn't
always happen. After I visit a site and return to it within a short
time, the taskbar shows a single taskbar address as normal.

I have an nVidia card (Ti 4600G) and I have tried every possible
setting to get rid of the problem, thinking maybe a change in nVidia
is responsible. And I have tried all possible settings (I think) in
IE. All to no avail.

Please, of *please*, does anyone know how to fix this? All the extra
time to close these stupid taskbar notifications is driving me
berserk!

Marshall

jafar

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2004

On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 04:34:08 -0400, Marshall Schuon wrote:

> Please, of *please*, does anyone know how to fix this? All the extra
> time to close these stupid taskbar notifications is driving me
> berserk!

Spyware? Does the same thing happen if you use another browser?

--
Jafar Calley
Registered Linux User #359623

PapaSurf

http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/ms_mvp_web_sites.html
One of these Microsoft MVP should be able to help you for free.