PNY 6800GT

Just wondering if anybody has this card and some real world results ...
thinking of buying one and I have read reviews but would like some
thoughts from an owner.

regards

@ndrew

I've been using a PNY 6800GT for over a month with FS2004, and
I'm very happy with it. Running at 16x AF, 8xS AA, 1280x1024 on
an Athlon XP2800 with 1gig ram. Very crisp and clear image
quality with good frame rates.

On 18 Sep 2004 08:10:08 +0950, "@ndrew"
<andrewratinternodedotondotnet> wrote:

>Just wondering if anybody has this card and some real world results ...
>thinking of buying one and I have read reviews but would like some
>thoughts from an owner.
>
>regards
>
>@ndrew

I've been using a PNY 6800GT for over a month with FS2004, and
I'm very happy with it. Running Athlon XP2800 with 1gig ram,
1280x1024, 16x AF, 8xS AA.

Very crisp and clear image qulaity, good frame rates.

On 18 Sep 2004 08:10:08 +0950, "@ndrew"
<andrewratinternodedotondotnet> wrote:

>Just wondering if anybody has this card and some real world results ...
>thinking of buying one and I have read reviews but would like some
>thoughts from an owner.
>
>regards
>
>@ndrew

rms

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2003

Happy owner here (at $340 shipped!) but I strongly suggest you redo the
heatsink compound on all the card heatsinks. This takes a little work as
you have to file down some standoffs, but the card will run 5C cooler once
you do.

rms

"@ndrew" <andrewratinternodedotondotnet> wrote in news:414b67c8$1
@duster.adelaide.on.net:

> Just wondering if anybody has this card and some real world results ...
> thinking of buying one and I have read reviews but would like some
> thoughts from an owner.
>
> regards
>
> @ndrew

I had nothing but problems with my first iteration of the PNY 6800GT card.
Random crashes daily: while typing an email, playing a RealMedia file, web
browsing - it didn't matter.

Fortunately, despite being past the return policy, I was able to swap it
for another PNY 6800GT. The new one was physically different - it's a
different color PCB, and has a metal "bar" running the length of the top of
the card. I haven't crashed since installing.

BTW, the rest of my system:
Athlon 64 3000+
Gigabyte KN8Pro
512M DIMM
6.6.3.1 (beta) Nvidia drivers

Bill M.

rms wrote:

> Happy owner here (at $340 shipped!) but I strongly suggest you redo
> the heatsink compound on all the card heatsinks. This takes a little
> work as you have to file down some standoffs, but the card will run
> 5C cooler once you do.
>
> rms

Many thanks for the replies guys

@ndrew