Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

DirectX 9.0c

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
Anonymous
September 18, 2004 6:06:41 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

Anyone know when or where I can get DirectX 9.0c compatable drivers for
Win98 RIVA TNT2?

Had a look at nvidia.com and they only seem to support DirectX 9.0b.

Is there a sly beta versions available or does anyone know when they will
release the new update?

More about : directx

Anonymous
September 18, 2004 7:17:52 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

>Anyone know when or where I can get DirectX 9.0c compatable drivers for
>Win98 RIVA TNT2?
>
>Had a look at nvidia.com and they only seem to support DirectX 9.0b.
>
>Is there a sly beta versions available or does anyone know when they will
>release the new update?
>
>

I have never seen drivers that were specific for a different DirectX version.
The drivers should work fine with any version IMO.
Anonymous
September 18, 2004 9:16:51 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

Current Driver I'm using is 61.76 and it supports DirectX 9.0b and I can't
get a game working without support for DirectX 9.0c

Doh!

The Windows XP verion supports 9.0c but the Win98 version doesn't :-(


"PRIVATE1964" <private1964@aol.com> wrote in message
news:20040918111752.19486.00000796@mb-m22.aol.com...
> >Anyone know when or where I can get DirectX 9.0c compatable drivers for
> >Win98 RIVA TNT2?
> >
> >Had a look at nvidia.com and they only seem to support DirectX 9.0b.
> >
> >Is there a sly beta versions available or does anyone know when they will
> >release the new update?
> >
> >
>
> I have never seen drivers that were specific for a different DirectX
version.
> The drivers should work fine with any version IMO.
Related resources
Anonymous
September 18, 2004 9:16:52 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

>Current Driver I'm using is 61.76 and it supports DirectX 9.0b and I can't
>get a game working without support for DirectX 9.0c
>

They probably just put that there because the 9.0c version had not come out
yet.

I don't even believe there are any games out that require 9.0c yet so why do
you think you need that version anyway? Your TNT does not even have any support
for DirectX9 features. So having DirectX 9 does nothing for your card. Unless a
game specifically requires a certain version to be installed.

Which game requires 9.0c?

Just because the drivers for Win98 only list DirectX 9.0b does not mean they
won't work OK with 9.0c. They should work fine. It won't effect your card as
far as features are concerned because your card doesn't even have DirectX 9
features.

Am I understanding what your saying right?
September 18, 2004 9:16:52 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

"Adam Bennett" <xellaphiteATmadasafishDOTcom> wrote in
alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia:

> Current Driver I'm using is 61.76 and it supports DirectX 9.0b and I
> can't get a game working without support for DirectX 9.0c
>
> Doh!
>
> The Windows XP verion supports 9.0c but the Win98 version doesn't :-(



Your card doesn't support Dx 9 at all, so a, b or c doesn't make a
difference. If it won't run without 9c, it won't run with 9a or 9b
either.

A game requiring Dx9 (which game does require 9.0c when it's only very
shortly available?) will maybe miss some Dx9 features but will run with
lower version of DX as it's backward compatible.

--
CeeBee



Archer: "Houdini could get out of this."
T'Pol: "Perhaps you should invite him on your next mission."


Picard: "Mr. Worf, do you know Gilbert and Sullivan?"
Worf: "No sir, I have not had a chance to meet all the new crew members
since I have been back."
September 18, 2004 9:23:23 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

CeeBee <ceebeechester@start.com.au> wrote in
alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia:


> but will run with
> lower version of DX as it's backward compatible.
>

I meant: a lower release of the _same_ DX version.

--
CeeBee



Archer: "Houdini could get out of this."
T'Pol: "Perhaps you should invite him on your next mission."


Picard: "Mr. Worf, do you know Gilbert and Sullivan?"
Worf: "No sir, I have not had a chance to meet all the new crew members
since I have been back."
Anonymous
September 18, 2004 9:36:53 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

Adam Bennett wrote:
> Current Driver I'm using is 61.76 and it supports DirectX 9.0b and I
> can't get a game working without support for DirectX 9.0c
>
> Doh!
>
> The Windows XP verion supports 9.0c but the Win98 version doesn't :-(

Try 61.77

Matt

--
The poster previously known as PYRO-Maniak
Gamertag: GLY7CH
Live Games: Amped 2 | Links | MotoGP 2 | Ninja Gaiden | PGR2 |
Rallisport 2 | SC: PT | Top Spin
Anonymous
September 19, 2004 12:03:43 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

If you have a game/app that requires DX9.0c, you arent going to be playing
it on a RIVA TNT2. And probably not on Win98 either. For example, doesnt
DOOM3 only support Win2K/WinXP, meaning no more support for Win9X?




"Adam Bennett" <xellaphiteATmadasafishDOTcom> wrote in message
news:10kocjco9opm6c9@corp.supernews.com...
> Anyone know when or where I can get DirectX 9.0c compatable drivers for
> Win98 RIVA TNT2?
>
> Had a look at nvidia.com and they only seem to support DirectX 9.0b.
>
> Is there a sly beta versions available or does anyone know when they will
> release the new update?
>
>
September 19, 2004 12:44:33 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

"PRIVATE1964" <private1964@aol.com> wrote in message
news:20040918124025.03437.00000480@mb-m27.aol.com...
> >Current Driver I'm using is 61.76 and it supports DirectX 9.0b and I
> >can't
>>get a game working without support for DirectX 9.0c
>>
>
> They probably just put that there because the 9.0c version had not come
> out
> yet.
>
> I don't even believe there are any games out that require 9.0c yet so why
> do
> you think you need that version anyway? Your TNT does not even have any
> support
> for DirectX9 features. So having DirectX 9 does nothing for your card.
> Unless a
> game specifically requires a certain version to be installed.
>
> Which game requires 9.0c?
>

sims 2


> Just because the drivers for Win98 only list DirectX 9.0b does not mean
> they
> won't work OK with 9.0c. They should work fine. It won't effect your card
> as
> far as features are concerned because your card doesn't even have DirectX
> 9
> features.
>
> Am I understanding what your saying right?
>
September 19, 2004 12:44:34 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

"Les" <a@aolnot.com> wrote in alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia:

> "PRIVATE1964" <private1964@aol.com> wrote
>> Which game requires 9.0c?
>>
>
> sims 2


http://thesims2.ea.com/help/detail.php?help_id=21

There is no mention of the required DirectX version. They're mentioning
the need of minimum hardware specs for non-TnL, such as the TNT2:

If you have a non-T&L capable video card then you need at least:

* 2.0 GHz processor or better
* 256 MB RAM if Windows XP, Windows ME, Windows 98, or Windows 2000
* At least 3.5 GB of hard drive space

Which might be a problem for the OP.

--
CeeBee



Archer: "Houdini could get out of this."
T'Pol: "Perhaps you should invite him on your next mission."


Picard: "Mr. Worf, do you know Gilbert and Sullivan?"
Worf: "No sir, I have not had a chance to meet all the new crew members
since I have been back."
Anonymous
September 19, 2004 1:12:02 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

The game is Sims 2 and it says on the box it supports win98.


"Biz" <biznospam@notatt.net> wrote in message
news:zw03d.390459$OB3.17937@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
> If you have a game/app that requires DX9.0c, you arent going to be playing
> it on a RIVA TNT2. And probably not on Win98 either. For example, doesnt
> DOOM3 only support Win2K/WinXP, meaning no more support for Win9X?
>
>
>
>
> "Adam Bennett" <xellaphiteATmadasafishDOTcom> wrote in message
> news:10kocjco9opm6c9@corp.supernews.com...
> > Anyone know when or where I can get DirectX 9.0c compatable drivers for
> > Win98 RIVA TNT2?
> >
> > Had a look at nvidia.com and they only seem to support DirectX 9.0b.
> >
> > Is there a sly beta versions available or does anyone know when they
will
> > release the new update?
> >
> >
>
>
September 19, 2004 1:37:31 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

"CeeBee" <ceebeechester@start.com.au> wrote in message
news:Xns9568E368B8E29ceebeechesterstartco@195.121.6.83...
> "Les" <a@aolnot.com> wrote in alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia:
>
>> "PRIVATE1964" <private1964@aol.com> wrote
>>> Which game requires 9.0c?
>>>
>>
>> sims 2
>
>
> http://thesims2.ea.com/help/detail.php?help_id=21
>
> There is no mention of the required DirectX version. They're mentioning
> the need of minimum hardware specs for non-TnL, such as the TNT2:
>
> If you have a non-T&L capable video card then you need at least:
>
> * 2.0 GHz processor or better
> * 256 MB RAM if Windows XP, Windows ME, Windows 98, or Windows 2000
> * At least 3.5 GB of hard drive space
>
> Which might be a problem for the OP.

My mate just installed it (Sims2), he only had 9.0b installed, it insisted
on 9.0c being installed before proceeding with installation.
September 19, 2004 2:30:59 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

"Adam Bennett" <xellaphiteATmadasafishDOTcom> wrote in message
news:10kp5gug9ml9k09@corp.supernews.com...
> The game is Sims 2 and it says on the box it supports win98.
>
>

Then surely the relavent version of Direct X will be on the CD....?

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyI...

If you have this installed then it should work...
Anonymous
September 19, 2004 4:18:46 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

>My mate just installed it (Sims2), he only had 9.0b installed, it insisted
>on 9.0c being installed before proceeding with installation.

I could understand that because some games require a certain DirectX version,
but it shouldn't matter to your video card because your video card doesn't have
any DirectX9 features.

You should be able to install DirectX 9.0c with your current drivers and the
game should run OK. Your current drivers don't really care about the extra
features in DirectX 9 because it doesn't have them anyway. The game probably
requires DirectX 9 because it will use certain features of DirectX 9 if your
video card supports those features.
Anonymous
September 19, 2004 4:20:20 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

>If you have a game/app that requires DX9.0c, you arent going to be playing
>it on a RIVA TNT2. And probably not on Win98 either. For example, doesnt
>DOOM3 only support Win2K/WinXP, meaning no more support for Win9X?

I think it just requires DirectX 9.0c for features that the newest video cards
support. So they play it safe and print that on the box.
Anonymous
September 19, 2004 4:21:02 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

>Then surely the relavent version of Direct X will be on the CD....?

Most of the time they put it on the game CD.
September 19, 2004 3:34:49 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

"Les" <a@aolnot.com> wrote in message news:2r4083F169n5jU1@uni-berlin.de...
>
> "CeeBee" <ceebeechester@start.com.au> wrote in message
> news:Xns9568E368B8E29ceebeechesterstartco@195.121.6.83...
> > "Les" <a@aolnot.com> wrote in alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia:
> >
> >> "PRIVATE1964" <private1964@aol.com> wrote
> >>> Which game requires 9.0c?
> >>>
> >>
> >> sims 2
> >
> >
> > http://thesims2.ea.com/help/detail.php?help_id=21
> >
> > There is no mention of the required DirectX version. They're mentioning
> > the need of minimum hardware specs for non-TnL, such as the TNT2:
> >
> > If you have a non-T&L capable video card then you need at least:
> >
> > * 2.0 GHz processor or better
> > * 256 MB RAM if Windows XP, Windows ME, Windows 98, or Windows 2000
> > * At least 3.5 GB of hard drive space
> >
> > Which might be a problem for the OP.
>
> My mate just installed it (Sims2), he only had 9.0b installed, it insisted
> on 9.0c being installed before proceeding with installation.
>
>

Agreed. I had 9.0b on all my machines and could not install Sims2 until I
had loaded 9.0c.

Ron
September 19, 2004 3:37:27 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

"PRIVATE1964" <private1964@aol.com> wrote in message
news:20040918202102.07480.00000845@mb-m18.aol.com...
> >Then surely the relavent version of Direct X will be on the CD....?
>
> Most of the time they put it on the game CD.

Yep. DX9c IS on the CD.

Ron
September 19, 2004 3:38:45 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

"PRIVATE1964" <private1964@aol.com> wrote in message
news:20040918202020.07480.00000844@mb-m18.aol.com...
> >If you have a game/app that requires DX9.0c, you arent going to be
playing
> >it on a RIVA TNT2. And probably not on Win98 either. For example,
doesnt
> >DOOM3 only support Win2K/WinXP, meaning no more support for Win9X?
>
> I think it just requires DirectX 9.0c for features that the newest video
cards
> support. So they play it safe and print that on the box.

Regardless, you must install the 9c or the game will NOT install.

Ron
September 19, 2004 7:52:10 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

"Les" <a@aolnot.com> wrote in alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia:

> My mate just installed it (Sims2), he only had 9.0b installed, it
> insisted on 9.0c being installed before proceeding with installation.


I stand corrected about that.

In that case install 9c - it's probably on the game CD - or else from
the MS site and the game will run. Your card won't use any feature from
any DX9 version, however. As said by others already , there's no need to
install DX9 compliant drivers when a card does not support it. Just
install 9c and the game will run if your hardware specs are up to par.


--
CeeBee



Archer: "Houdini could get out of this."
T'Pol: "Perhaps you should invite him on your next mission."


Picard: "Mr. Worf, do you know Gilbert and Sullivan?"
Worf: "No sir, I have not had a chance to meet all the new crew members
since I have been back."
Anonymous
September 19, 2004 9:33:53 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

Shouldn't worry I think I'll solve it buy throwing money at the problem.
I'll get a new graphics card, its about time anyway. I've got DirectX 9.0c
installed and it just does not like the RIVA TNT2 so for £40 I can get
GeForce FX5500 128Mb...prob should think about getting WinXP too!! Just too
much of a tight wad and I resent Mr Gates!

"CeeBee" <ceebeechester@start.com.au> wrote in message
news:Xns9569B502F1513ceebeechesterstartco@195.121.6.83...
> "Les" <a@aolnot.com> wrote in alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia:
>
> > My mate just installed it (Sims2), he only had 9.0b installed, it
> > insisted on 9.0c being installed before proceeding with installation.
>
>
> I stand corrected about that.
>
> In that case install 9c - it's probably on the game CD - or else from
> the MS site and the game will run. Your card won't use any feature from
> any DX9 version, however. As said by others already , there's no need to
> install DX9 compliant drivers when a card does not support it. Just
> install 9c and the game will run if your hardware specs are up to par.
>
>
> --
> CeeBee
>
>
>
> Archer: "Houdini could get out of this."
> T'Pol: "Perhaps you should invite him on your next mission."
>
>
> Picard: "Mr. Worf, do you know Gilbert and Sullivan?"
> Worf: "No sir, I have not had a chance to meet all the new crew members
> since I have been back."
>
September 19, 2004 9:36:22 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

"Adam Bennett" <xellaphiteATmadasafishDOTcom> wrote in
alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia:

> Shouldn't worry I think I'll solve it buy throwing money at the
> problem. I'll get a new graphics card, its about time anyway.

Good decision I think. You've had your fun with the TNT and it's time for
the retirement home. :) 


--
CeeBee



Archer: "Houdini could get out of this."
T'Pol: "Perhaps you should invite him on your next mission."


Picard: "Mr. Worf, do you know Gilbert and Sullivan?"
Worf: "No sir, I have not had a chance to meet all the new crew members
since I have been back."
Anonymous
September 19, 2004 10:57:28 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

Here here, too true! Even gonna give that evil mr gates some more dosh too!
Doh!
There comes a time when you know you just have to upgrade....had some good
times wiht the TNT but i think rather than fully retire the TNT I'll palm it
off to my sister, where it wont get the abuse I gave it!

"CeeBee" <ceebeechester@start.com.au> wrote in message
news:Xns9569C775FDD7Fceebeechesterstartco@195.121.6.74...
> "Adam Bennett" <xellaphiteATmadasafishDOTcom> wrote in
> alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia:
>
> > Shouldn't worry I think I'll solve it buy throwing money at the
> > problem. I'll get a new graphics card, its about time anyway.
>
> Good decision I think. You've had your fun with the TNT and it's time for
> the retirement home. :) 
>
>
> --
> CeeBee
>
>
>
> Archer: "Houdini could get out of this."
> T'Pol: "Perhaps you should invite him on your next mission."
>
>
> Picard: "Mr. Worf, do you know Gilbert and Sullivan?"
> Worf: "No sir, I have not had a chance to meet all the new crew members
> since I have been back."
>
Anonymous
September 20, 2004 1:58:44 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

>
>Regardless, you must install the 9c or the game will NOT install.
>
>Ron

That's what I meant. They print that on the box and that's what you need to
have.
Anonymous
September 20, 2004 2:00:54 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

>
>Shouldn't worry I think I'll solve it buy throwing money at the problem.
>I'll get a new graphics card, its about time anyway. I've got DirectX 9.0c
>installed and it just does not like the RIVA TNT2 so for £40 I can get
>GeForce FX5500 128Mb...prob should think about getting WinXP too!! Just too
>much of a tight wad and I resent Mr Gates!

Your not buying a new video card now after we went through all the trouble of
helping you. If you do were gonna track you down and beat the living tar out of
you. Even if that means tearing you away from the Sims 2. : )
Anonymous
September 20, 2004 9:43:47 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

What trouble all this thread has done is make me realise that I need a new
card cos the old one is no longer up to the job!
It won't take much tearing away form sims 2 either cos as this thread
suggests it won't work for me without some minor upgrades.

However by wednesday I'll have a new GFX card win XP and a baseball bat all
ready and waiting playing sims 2 (hopefuly) so bring it on ;-p

Cheer for all the ideas though!

"PRIVATE1964" <private1964@aol.com> wrote in message
news:20040919180054.29874.00000753@mb-m14.aol.com...
> >
> >Shouldn't worry I think I'll solve it buy throwing money at the problem.
> >I'll get a new graphics card, its about time anyway. I've got DirectX
9.0c
> >installed and it just does not like the RIVA TNT2 so for £40 I can get
> >GeForce FX5500 128Mb...prob should think about getting WinXP too!! Just
too
> >much of a tight wad and I resent Mr Gates!
>
> Your not buying a new video card now after we went through all the trouble
of
> helping you. If you do were gonna track you down and beat the living tar
out of
> you. Even if that means tearing you away from the Sims 2. : )
Anonymous
September 20, 2004 9:43:48 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

"Adam Bennett" <xellaphiteATmadasafishDOTcom> wrote in message
news:10ku22cdgi9ut86@corp.supernews.com...
> What trouble all this thread has done is make me realise that I need a new
> card cos the old one is no longer up to the job!
> It won't take much tearing away form sims 2 either cos as this thread
> suggests it won't work for me without some minor upgrades.
>
> However by wednesday I'll have a new GFX card win XP and a baseball bat
> all
> ready and waiting playing sims 2 (hopefuly) so bring it on ;-p
>
> Cheer for all the ideas though!

Good thing you upgrading to a better card. GF TNT / RIVA do not seem to be
support or listing in Sim2. The lowest version is GF2.

CapFusion,...
Anonymous
September 21, 2004 6:03:42 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

>
>What trouble all this thread has done is make me realise that I need a new
>card cos the old one is no longer up to the job!
>It won't take much tearing away form sims 2 either cos as this thread
>suggests it won't work for me without some minor upgrades.
>
>However by wednesday I'll have a new GFX card win XP and a baseball bat all
>ready and waiting playing sims 2 (hopefuly) so bring it on ;-p
>
>Cheer for all the ideas though!

I think it will work just not very well. I've been reading that Sims 2 seems to
require a lot of power to run well.
Anonymous
September 22, 2004 3:12:34 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

9.0c comes with SP2
September 24, 2004 3:39:30 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 11:12:34 -0400, "John Wojcicki"
<jwojcicki@cox.net> wrote:

>9.0c comes with SP2
>
You can get the DirectX 9C from here in 2 sizes, saves you worrying
about the service pack if you don't want it. Be warned that it does
recommend that you have the system restore turned on and you create a
restore point before installing.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/directx/default.aspx

DirectX 9.0c End-User Runtime English
File Name:
dxwebsetup.exe
Download Size:
10 KB - 166666 KB
Date Published:
8/4/2004
Version:
9.0c

DirectX 9.0c Redistributable for Software Developers
File Name:
directx_9c_redist.exe
Download Size:
34291 KB
Date Published:
8/4/2004
Version:
9.0c




eTrust EZ Antivirus Protection
Version 6.2.0.28
Engine Version 11.5.0.0
©2003 Computer Associates International, Inc
Update Version 8602
Update Date Sep 22 2004
!