New Nvidia Nforce 4.27 drivers much difference ?

Is their a change log ?

Anu problems as yet ?

Thanks.
2 answers Last reply
More about nvidia nforce drivers difference

    "Little TeaPot" <Scully@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message

    > Is their a change log ?
    >
    > Anu problems as yet ?
    >
    > Thanks.
    Actually the newest are 5.10 here:
    ftp://download.nvidia.com/Windows/nForce/5.10/

    I found this description:

    "Not very detailed but the driver versions have changed like so:

    GART driver 3.77 (WHQL) --> GART driver 4.36 (WHQL)
    IDE NVIDIA driver 4.12 (WHQL) --> IDE NVIDIA driver 4.46 (WHQL)

    Also these little release notes:
    # Unified drivers with support for nForce, nForce2, and nForce3 products,
    including support for dual-processor systems.
    # General compatibility fixes
    # Audio Driver Improvements
    * Addressed audio issues in numerous games and applications
    # Storage Driver Improvements:
    * RAID Morphing
    * Improved RAID Interface
    * RAID spans both SATA and PATA devices
    * RAID 0, 1, and 0+1
    * Improved handling of various storage devices

    I installed the IDE drivers and found a 10% decrease in performance using HD
    Tach to benchmark my drives. Rolled back to the stock MX Win XP Sp2 drivers.
    Reports are that the sound drivers are greatly improved but I don't use them
    myself.
    HTH,
    Bob

    Naah i have a Audigy 2 Zs us crative drivers for that.

    Did a HDtach on my drive and got 114, ill install these new ones and
    see what happens :)

    Did the other drivers have SATA drivers ?, from what i read these have
    new SATA drivers or such ?

    Anyway thanks.

    On Sat, 18 Sep 2004 11:33:29 -0400, "Bob" <luna5nospam@earthlink.net>
    wrote:

    >"Little TeaPot" <Scully@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
    >>

    >> Is their a change log ?
    >>
    >> Anu problems as yet ?
    >>
    >> Thanks.
    >Actually the newest are 5.10 here:
    >ftp://download.nvidia.com/Windows/nForce/5.10/
    >
    >I found this description:
    >
    >"Not very detailed but the driver versions have changed like so:
    >
    >GART driver 3.77 (WHQL) --> GART driver 4.36 (WHQL)
    >IDE NVIDIA driver 4.12 (WHQL) --> IDE NVIDIA driver 4.46 (WHQL)
    >
    >Also these little release notes:
    ># Unified drivers with support for nForce, nForce2, and nForce3 products,
    >including support for dual-processor systems.
    ># General compatibility fixes
    ># Audio Driver Improvements
    >* Addressed audio issues in numerous games and applications
    ># Storage Driver Improvements:
    >* RAID Morphing
    >* Improved RAID Interface
    >* RAID spans both SATA and PATA devices
    >* RAID 0, 1, and 0+1
    >* Improved handling of various storage devices
    >
    >I installed the IDE drivers and found a 10% decrease in performance using HD
    >Tach to benchmark my drives. Rolled back to the stock MX Win XP Sp2 drivers.
    >Reports are that the sound drivers are greatly improved but I don't use them
    >myself.
    >HTH,
    >Bob

Nvidia Drivers Graphics