Returning Back Home

Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

I recently dusted off by GTA3 game. It feels good to be back in
Liberty City after all the Vice City and San Andreas Mayhem. Stealing
the Kuruamas my fav car which seem nowhere to be seen in VC or SA.
Waring with the mafia on Portland and and the Cartel on Stanton. I have
to say even with all the stuff in VC and SA Liberty City is still my
home.
8 answers Last reply
More about returning back home
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    Phat Nick wrote:
    >
    > I recently dusted off by GTA3 game. It feels good to be back in
    > Liberty City after all the Vice City and San Andreas Mayhem. Stealing
    > the Kuruamas my fav car which seem nowhere to be seen in VC or SA.
    > Waring with the mafia on Portland and and the Cartel on Stanton. I have
    > to say even with all the stuff in VC and SA Liberty City is still my
    > home.

    wow, good memory. I loved the kuruma, or at least I loved the FBI
    version. No, there doesn't appear to be an SA version...

    but my home is Grove Street. I find it hard to play the old games now

    --
    Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Stop and Look
    http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    "Phat Nick" <Soul_of_Black_Chaos@webtv.net> wrote in message
    news:28507-42DC8BD2-769@storefull-3115.bay.webtv.net...
    > I recently dusted off by GTA3 game. It feels good to be back in
    > Liberty City after all the Vice City and San Andreas Mayhem. Stealing
    > the Kuruamas my fav car which seem nowhere to be seen in VC or SA.
    > Waring with the mafia on Portland and and the Cartel on Stanton. I have
    > to say even with all the stuff in VC and SA Liberty City is still my
    > home.
    >

    I consider Vice City to be my home in GTA. The glorious beaches, hot
    weather, the great radio stations you can pick up around there, it's a great
    town. Once in a while you get mugged or have your brains blown out, but hey,
    maybe I WAS looking at that guy funny.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    Phat Nick schrieb:
    > I recently dusted off by GTA3 game. It feels good to be back in
    > Liberty City after all the Vice City and San Andreas Mayhem. Stealing
    > the Kuruamas my fav car which seem nowhere to be seen in VC or SA.

    The Kuruma was in VC as well. Have yet to see one in SA.

    > Waring with the mafia on Portland and and the Cartel on Stanton. I have
    > to say even with all the stuff in VC and SA Liberty City is still my
    > home.

    Rise FM was great. Also Tw@t Internet Café. =:-)

    CU, Venty
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    In message <28507-42DC8BD2-769@storefull-3115.bay.webtv.net>
    Soul_of_Black_Chaos@webtv.net (Phat Nick) wrote:

    > I have to say even with all the stuff in VC and SA Liberty City is
    > still my home.

    Same here, I still adore it's originality.

    Have you explored the SA version of Liberty City using the jetpack
    cheat? Check gamefaqs.com for proper instructions, it's quite
    interesting wandering around a good two thirds of Portland in snowy
    weather. They've changed the layout slightly too (Check the area around
    St. Marks Bistro in SA, then check GTAIII).


    Cheers,
    Rob
    --
    ..__ __ |__ |__ .|__ __ | Rob White, Half Man Half Biscuit.
    | / \| \ | | || ||| /__\ | mflt35@dsl.pipex.com
    | \__/|__/ |_|_|| |||__\___ | Wimbledon, London, England.
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    Rob White wrote:
    > Have you explored the SA version of Liberty City using the jetpack
    > cheat? Check gamefaqs.com for proper instructions, it's quite
    Trying to find this but can't. Link or how-to appreciated! Also, do you
    *have* to use the Jetpack? ie what about other planes?

    Thanks!

    --
    Carl Waring
    http://getdigiguide.com/?p=1&r=1495
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    Carl Waring wrote:
    >
    > Rob White wrote:
    > > Have you explored the SA version of Liberty City using the jetpack
    > > cheat? Check gamefaqs.com for proper instructions, it's quite
    > Trying to find this but can't. Link or how-to appreciated! Also, do you
    > *have* to use the Jetpack? ie what about other planes?
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > --
    > Carl Waring
    > http://getdigiguide.com/?p=1&r=1495

    I found some real convoluted thing somewhere but it said you had to
    have a cheat system too, and it was way too complex to be fun

    --
    Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Stop and Look
    http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    In message <T8oDe.73688$G8.5917@text.news.blueyonder.co.uk>
    "Carl Waring" <carl.waring@REDyonder.co.uk> wrote:

    > Rob White wrote:
    > > Have you explored the SA version of Liberty City using the jetpack
    > > cheat? Check gamefaqs.com for proper instructions, it's quite
    > Trying to find this but can't. Link or how-to appreciated! Also, do you
    > *have* to use the Jetpack? ie what about other planes?

    Put very simply: All the interiors and Liberty City are "stored" high
    up in the sky in SA.

    The jetpack *HAS* to be used as you need to get through the roof of the
    gym in Los Santos. Spawning a vehicle doesn't seem to work, and most of
    the SA Liberty City doesn't have collision detection to make you stay
    on the ground (And it's a looooooong way down). I've just realised that
    I don't think I ever tried to spawn a jetpack with the 'jump higher'
    code I used to get there the first time.

    The first time I explored it was by using the 'jump higher' cheatcode,
    and then made a crude map of the areas that DO have solid ground.

    For much more detailed info, check out:

    http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/grand_theft_auto_sa_liberty_city.txt

    http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/grand_theft_auto_sa_interiors.txt


    Cheers,
    Rob
    --
    ..__ __ |__ |__ .|__ __ | Rob White, Half Man Half Biscuit.
    | / \| \ | | || ||| /__\ | mflt35@dsl.pipex.com
    | \__/|__/ |_|_|| |||__\___ | Wimbledon, London, England.
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    Rob White wrote:
    > In message <T8oDe.73688$G8.5917@text.news.blueyonder.co.uk>
    > "Carl Waring" <carl.waring@REDyonder.co.uk> wrote:
    >
    >> Rob White wrote:
    >>> Have you explored the SA version of Liberty City using the jetpack
    >>> cheat? Check gamefaqs.com for proper instructions, it's quite
    >> Trying to find this but can't. Link or how-to appreciated! Also, do
    >> you *have* to use the Jetpack? ie what about other planes?
    >
    > Put very simply: All the interiors and Liberty City are "stored" high
    > up in the sky in SA.
    >
    > The jetpack *HAS* to be used as you need to get through the roof of
    > the gym in Los Santos. Spawning a vehicle doesn't seem to work, and
    > most of the SA Liberty City doesn't have collision detection to make
    > you stay on the ground (And it's a looooooong way down). I've just
    > realised that I don't think I ever tried to spawn a jetpack with the
    > 'jump higher' code I used to get there the first time.
    >
    > The first time I explored it was by using the 'jump higher' cheatcode,
    > and then made a crude map of the areas that DO have solid ground.
    >
    > For much more detailed info, check out:
    >
    > http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/grand_theft_auto_sa_liberty_city.txt
    >
    > http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/grand_theft_auto_sa_interiors.txt

    Thanks, but it looks *way* too complicated. I think I'll give it a miss :-)

    --
    Carl Waring
    http://getdigiguide.com/?p=1&r=1495
Ask a new question

Read More

Portland Games Video Games