geforce ti4200 and tv-out

Hi.
Got a Geforce Ti4200 w/128mb.The first device connected is a monitor,the
second is a tv,both in clone mode.I'm not able to set different
resolution:both are 1024x768,even if the the driver marks the tv in
800x600;in fact the tv shows a resolution of 1024x769 with virtual
desktop.Is there a chance to use different resolution for 2
devices???Driver 44.03

Not in clone mode...I believe by definition clone mode means the same for
both
"Umberto" <umbmarket78@libero.it> wrote in message
> Hi.
> Got a Geforce Ti4200 w/128mb.The first device connected is a monitor,the
> second is a tv,both in clone mode.I'm not able to set different
> resolution:both are 1024x768,even if the the driver marks the tv in
> 800x600;in fact the tv shows a resolution of 1024x769 with virtual
> desktop.Is there a chance to use different resolution for 2
> devices???Driver 44.03

"Umberto" <umbmarket78@libero.it> wrote in message
> Hi.
> Got a Geforce Ti4200 w/128mb.The first device connected is a monitor,the
> second is a tv,both in clone mode.I'm not able to set different
> resolution:both are 1024x768,even if the the driver marks the tv in
> 800x600;in fact the tv shows a resolution of 1024x769 with virtual
> desktop.Is there a chance to use different resolution for 2
> devices???Driver 44.03

As Biz pointed out, clone mode is exactly that - the TV is a copy of the
desktop.

If you use Dualview mode, you can set a different resolution and refresh
rate for the TV. If you mainly use the TV for watching movies, all you then
do is set the Full screen device (aka Overlay settings in older drivers) to
be Automatic (or if there's an option, set it to the Seconday device). When
you play a movie in an application that handles overlays properly, you will
see the windowed app on the monitor (which you can make full screen if you
like) and full screen on TV. In dualview you can also use the TV as an
extension of the desktop, so instead of it just showing the same as what you
are seeing on the desktop you can actually use it as an independent monitor
running it's own windows.

Dan