Screen freezes while playing mp3 or video files

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
September 19, 2004 8:03:39 PM

My system:
SOYO Dragon Plus! mainboard
amd athlon xp1800+ cpu
geforce 3 ti200 video card
512mb ddr RAM

My screen sometimes freezes unexpectedly, mostly when I'm playing mp3
or video files, and the sound loops (maybe 1 frame repeats).

I've searched, but people mainly have this problem while playing video
games. And I don't play video games, so I thought maybe this problem
is different.

Does anyone know how to help?

Thanks in advance.
Anonymous
September 20, 2004 6:07:34 AM

In alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia, Nico ordered an army of hamsters to
type:

> My system:
> SOYO Dragon Plus! mainboard
> amd athlon xp1800+ cpu
> geforce 3 ti200 video card
> 512mb ddr RAM
>
> My screen sometimes freezes unexpectedly, mostly when I'm playing mp3
> or video files, and the sound loops (maybe 1 frame repeats).
>
> I've searched, but people mainly have this problem while playing video
> games. And I don't play video games, so I thought maybe this problem
> is different.
>
> Does anyone know how to help?
>
> Thanks in advance.

maybe the drive you are streaming off isnt in a udma mode?
!