Screen freezes while playing mp3 or video files

My system:
SOYO Dragon Plus! mainboard
amd athlon xp1800+ cpu
geforce 3 ti200 video card
512mb ddr RAM

My screen sometimes freezes unexpectedly, mostly when I'm playing mp3
or video files, and the sound loops (maybe 1 frame repeats).

I've searched, but people mainly have this problem while playing video
games. And I don't play video games, so I thought maybe this problem
is different.

Does anyone know how to help?

Thanks in advance.
1 answer Last reply
More about screen freezes playing video files

    In alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia, Nico ordered an army of hamsters to
    type:

    > My system:
    > SOYO Dragon Plus! mainboard
    > amd athlon xp1800+ cpu
    > geforce 3 ti200 video card
    > 512mb ddr RAM
    >
    > My screen sometimes freezes unexpectedly, mostly when I'm playing mp3
    > or video files, and the sound loops (maybe 1 frame repeats).
    >
    > I've searched, but people mainly have this problem while playing video
    > games. And I don't play video games, so I thought maybe this problem
    > is different.
    >
    > Does anyone know how to help?
    >
    > Thanks in advance.

    maybe the drive you are streaming off isnt in a udma mode?

Nvidia Video MP3 Graphics