6800 GTO from Dell??

Does anyone know anything about this card? Google comes up pretty empty...

How does it perform? Is is PCIe?

Thanks,

JTS

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2001

If its Dell, its not PCIe, its POS.

"BCC" <bryan@akanta.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know anything about this card? Google comes up pretty
> empty...
>
> How does it perform? Is is PCIe?
>
> Thanks,

minotaur

JTS wrote:
> If its Dell, its not PCIe, its POS.
>
> "BCC" <bryan@akanta.com> wrote in message
>
>>Does anyone know anything about this card? Google comes up pretty
>>empty...
>>
>>How does it perform? Is is PCIe?
>>
>>Thanks,

Agreed, only a moron or a mormon would buy a Dell.
Deceptive marketing, it aint a GT, Ooooh!
What next GTMX Super edition, limited edition with 64M of lightning fast
SDRAM. Dell, making dreams come true over the toilet bowl.

"Minotaur" <antnel@hotmail.com> schreef in bericht
> JTS wrote:
> > If its Dell, its not PCIe, its POS.
> >
> > "BCC" <bryan@akanta.com> wrote in message
> >
> >>Does anyone know anything about this card? Google comes up pretty
> >>empty...
> >>
> >>How does it perform? Is is PCIe?
> >>
> >>Thanks,
> >>

> Agreed, only a moron or a mormon would buy a Dell.
> Deceptive marketing, it aint a GT, Ooooh!
> What next GTMX Super edition, limited edition with 64M of lightning fast
> SDRAM. Dell, making dreams come true over the toilet bowl.

Not a GT??
Damn, I was about to order one. Have had too many hardware problems with
self-build pc's. Don't wanne take the risk anymore.
Some say: "My hands brake what my eyes can see", and they are right.... lol

Now I start wondering what else might be misinformation...

regards,
Marcel

The card is PCI Express. You can get some tech specs when you click
on "Help Me Choose"
http://www1.us.dell.com/content/learnmore/learnmore.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&~id=gfx_cards_trans&~line=desktops&~lt=popup&~model=8400&~series=dimen&ref=CFG

It does not tell you who manufactured the card, but it does give you
some info like
Controler Speed 350MHz
Memory 256MB GDDR3
RAMDAC Dual 400MHz
Data width 256bit
Max Resolution 1920x1200
etc.

You can't go out and buy (or find reviews for) 6800 series cards in
PCI Express yet.. But it is good bet that the performance would be
similar to the AGP version.
http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=14-121-172&depa=1

You might be better off getting the default X300 and replace it with a
6000 GT.

Are you getting a 8400?