new system or new card

My current system is

1.7 GHz
512 SyncDram
64 MB nVidia Geforce 2
Windows XP

MOST current games are taxing my system if they play at all. I need
opinions if I should upgrade this video card, and with what, or wait until I
can afford a new system. I am not looking for a million fps but must be
playable. Currently playing Medal of Honor and would like Doom3.

Thanks

New system + new card, try sell what you have.

"jailed" <none@none.com> wrote in message
> My current system is
>
> 1.7 GHz
> 512 SyncDram
> 64 MB nVidia Geforce 2
> Windows XP
>

> MOST current games are taxing my system if they play at all. I need
> opinions if I should upgrade this video card, and with what, or wait until
> I can afford a new system. I am not looking for a million fps but must be
> playable. Currently playing Medal of Honor and would like Doom3.
>
> Thanks

If you want to play state of the art games like Doom 3 I would seriously
consider buying a modern system.

--
DaveW

"jailed" <none@none.com> wrote in message
> My current system is
>
> 1.7 GHz
> 512 SyncDram
> 64 MB nVidia Geforce 2
> Windows XP
>

> MOST current games are taxing my system if they play at all. I need
> opinions if I should upgrade this video card, and with what, or wait until
> I can afford a new system. I am not looking for a million fps but must be
> playable. Currently playing Medal of Honor and would like Doom3.
>
> Thanks

What model motherboard do you have ?
Maybe just upgrade the processor.
What type/speed is the memory PC133, DDR2100, PC2700 ?
That graphics card is getting a little old, a 5700 Ultra or 5900 would help.