Aopen video cards - customer service

Does anyone have a positive experience with these guys? I just traded
several emails with customer service trying to find a bios for a video card
that was unfortunately "experimented on" by my son. They were very prompt
in their totally unhelpful replys; they denied that they made the card,
said that they don't have BIOS's available even if they had made the card
and that they don't "support" modifying their cards bios if they had made it
and had bios's available, which they didn't, and they don't.

Had they just told me the bios was unavailable, I would merely have been
disappointed. Now I am convinced that Aopen customer service is the worst I
have ever experienced; I'll buy frome anyone else in the future.

ETM

"Ted Michelini" <tedmich@aracnet.com> wrote in message
> Aopen video cards - customer service
>
> Does anyone have a positive experience with these guys? I just traded
> several emails with customer service trying to find a bios for a video
> card
> that was unfortunately "experimented on" by my son. They were very prompt
> in their totally unhelpful replys; they denied that they made the card,
> said that they don't have BIOS's available even if they had made the card
> and that they don't "support" modifying their cards bios if they had made
> it
> and had bios's available, which they didn't, and they don't.
>
> Had they just told me the bios was unavailable, I would merely have been
> disappointed. Now I am convinced that Aopen customer service is the worst
> have ever experienced; I'll buy frome anyone else in the future.
>
> ETM

What model of the card do you have? Can you be a bit discriptive of what you
trying to do? Is there a reason for BIOS update / change?
nVidia BIOS normally do not get posted unless there a problem. User might
get a BIOS from manufacturer if there a need and will provide link or
attachment if need. A public BIOS normally be available if that particular
card need BIOS update.

CapFusion,...

GTS

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2003

"CapFusion" <CapFusion.Yo.@hotmail.Hehe.Com> wrote in message

> "Ted Michelini" <tedmich@aracnet.com> wrote in message
> > Aopen video cards - customer service
> >
> > Does anyone have a positive experience with these guys? I just traded
> > several emails with customer service trying to find a bios for a video
> > card
> > that was unfortunately "experimented on" by my son. They were very
prompt
> > in their totally unhelpful replys; they denied that they made the card,
> > said that they don't have BIOS's available even if they had made the
card
> > and that they don't "support" modifying their cards bios if they had
made
> > it
> > and had bios's available, which they didn't, and they don't.
> >
> > Had they just told me the bios was unavailable, I would merely have been
> > disappointed. Now I am convinced that Aopen customer service is the
worst
> > have ever experienced; I'll buy frome anyone else in the future.
> >
> > ETM
> >

> What model of the card do you have? Can you be a bit discriptive of what
you
> trying to do? Is there a reason for BIOS update / change?
> nVidia BIOS normally do not get posted unless there a problem. User might
> get a BIOS from manufacturer if there a need and will provide link or
> attachment if need. A public BIOS normally be available if that particular
> card need BIOS update.
>
> CapFusion,...

The OP is complaining that Aopen won't help after an incorrect BIOS was
flashed - presumably an overclock attempt! What a suprise...just proves the
point that you do such things very much at your own risk. However there are
plenty of BIOS's availble for all cards through a google search or links at
nvnews.net

"GTS" <gts123NOSPAM@ntlworld.com> wrote in message

> The OP is complaining that Aopen won't help after an incorrect BIOS was
> flashed - presumably an overclock attempt! What a suprise...just proves
> the
> point that you do such things very much at your own risk. However there
> are
> plenty of BIOS's availble for all cards through a google search or links
> at
> nvnews.net

I misread his message.
I were him [OP], I would simply down play the card. Meaing, it gone bad or
no longer display. I assumed his card no longer working. Simply ask the Tech
to RMA the card and be done with it, instead of telling detail mishap of the
card and it demy.

CapFusion,...

TRENDING THREADS