DUAL Layer DVD Writers

Anyone familiar with the Dual Layer DVD RW drives? In reviewing the
ordering information available it seems as though the dual layer is
restricted to +R/RW is this correct?

In each case it appears the "DL" is restricted to + while the other is +&-
for R/RW.

Thanks
Tom
3 answers Last reply
More about dual layer writers

    On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 14:07:54 -0700, "Tom Clydesdale"
    <t.clydesdale.nospam@comcast.net> wrote:

    >Anyone familiar with the Dual Layer DVD RW drives? In reviewing the
    >ordering information available it seems as though the dual layer is
    >restricted to +R/RW is this correct?
    >
    >In each case it appears the "DL" is restricted to + while the other is +&-
    >for R/RW.
    >
    >Thanks
    >Tom

    Mine will only do Double DVD+R, Single layer it will do all formats.
    Also, the only dual layer media that I have been able to find is DVD+R
    DL. And the are expensive. Not worth it yet.

    Thanks for the input - it kind of confirms my observations.

    Just saw (today) that Nero is now handling DVD-R dual layer? Wonder if
    there is more unannounced change!

    "Perry" <perry@perrymarlin.com> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 14:07:54 -0700, "Tom Clydesdale"
    > <t.clydesdale.nospam@comcast.net> wrote:
    >
    >>Anyone familiar with the Dual Layer DVD RW drives? In reviewing the
    >>ordering information available it seems as though the dual layer is
    >>restricted to +R/RW is this correct?
    >>
    >>In each case it appears the "DL" is restricted to + while the other is +&-
    >>for R/RW.
    >>
    >>Thanks
    >>Tom
    >>
    > Mine will only do Double DVD+R, Single layer it will do all formats.
    > Also, the only dual layer media that I have been able to find is DVD+R
    > DL. And the are expensive. Not worth it yet.

    Current dual layer is a joke. Lots of problems and the media is REAL
    pricey, plus from what I've seen so far it is almost as bad as CD-RW in
    regards to usability in various drives.

    --
    Steve Williams

    "Tom Clydesdale" <t.clydesdale.nospam@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > Thanks for the input - it kind of confirms my observations.
    >
    > Just saw (today) that Nero is now handling DVD-R dual layer? Wonder
    if
    > there is more unannounced change!
    >
    > "Perry" <perry@perrymarlin.com> wrote in message
    > > On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 14:07:54 -0700, "Tom Clydesdale"
    > > <t.clydesdale.nospam@comcast.net> wrote:
    > >
    > >>Anyone familiar with the Dual Layer DVD RW drives? In reviewing the
    > >>ordering information available it seems as though the dual layer is
    > >>restricted to +R/RW is this correct?
    > >>
    > >>In each case it appears the "DL" is restricted to + while the other
    is +&-
    > >>for R/RW.
    > >>
    > >>Thanks
    > >>Tom
    > >>
    > > Mine will only do Double DVD+R, Single layer it will do all formats.
    > > Also, the only dual layer media that I have been able to find is
    DVD+R
    > > DL. And the are expensive. Not worth it yet.

Gateway DVD RW Cases DVD Writers Computers