cgGLGetLatestProfile returns CG_PROFILE_UNKNOWN

Archived from groups: comp.graphics.api.opengl,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

I have the latest nVidia drivers installed for a GeForce 6800 Ultra on a Linux
machine (Knoppix v3.4).

Can anyone explain why cgGLGetLatestProfile(CG_GL_FRAGMENT) returns
CG_PROFILE_UNKNOWN?

Archived from groups: comp.graphics.api.opengl,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

Found the problem. I needed to initialize glut (glutInit) and create a dummy
window (glutCreateWindow) in order for cgGLGetLatestProfile to work.