NVidia EVER going to release new drivers?

You would think now that the 6800 series has been out for a couple
months they would have figured ways to tweak them by now. Going on
three months since theirr last release, and since they pissed off
Omega the factory seems to be the only choice...

Call me impatient..
G. Patricks
11 answers Last reply
More about nvidia release drivers

    Icer wrote:

    > You would think now that the 6800 series has been out for a couple
    > months they would have figured ways to tweak them by now. Going on
    > three months since theirr last release, and since they pissed off
    > Omega the factory seems to be the only choice...

    Are you having a problem with the current drivers? Or is your hobby
    collecting driver updates?

    --
    --John
    (was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

    search www.3dguru.com they usually have the latest or even beta drivers. I
    run 66.30 at the moment and seems to be great for now anyway.

    Robin

    I wanted farcry to work with SP2 so I upgraded and it all works now.

    Robin

    In alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia, Icer ordered an army of hamsters to
    type:

    > You would think now that the 6800 series has been out for a couple
    > months they would have figured ways to tweak them by now. Going on
    > three months since theirr last release, and since they pissed off
    > Omega the factory seems to be the only choice...
    >
    > Call me impatient..
    > G. Patricks

    i may have missed something but,.. what exactly is wrong with the current
    drivers?

    > i may have missed something but,.. what exactly is wrong with the
    > current drivers?

    I wsa under the impression that future drivers would unlock the MPEG
    encoding/decoding and Windows Media decoding features that were highly
    touted in the Geforce 6 press release. I'm very interested in seeing how
    much assistatnce a Geforce 6 can give when decoding HDTV quality video.

    tq96 wrote:

    >> i may have missed something but,.. what exactly is wrong with the
    >> current drivers?
    >
    > I wsa under the impression that future drivers would unlock the MPEG
    > encoding/decoding and Windows Media decoding features that were highly
    > touted in the Geforce 6 press release. I'm very interested in seeing how
    > much assistatnce a Geforce 6 can give when decoding HDTV quality video.

    Anybody who has used a Dvico Fusion board with a Geforce will tell you
    "quite a lot" with the current drivers.

    --

    "tq96" <tq96@tq96.tq96> schreef in bericht
    >> i may have missed something but,.. what exactly is wrong with the
    >> current drivers?
    >
    > I wsa under the impression that future drivers would unlock the MPEG
    > encoding/decoding and Windows Media decoding features that were highly
    > touted in the Geforce 6 press release. I'm very interested in seeing how
    > much assistatnce a Geforce 6 can give when decoding HDTV quality video.

    http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/video/display/geforce6600gt-theory_6.html

    The decoding seems to be enabled in 65.76. You could try it out if it works
    for you too.

    Yes, it's my hobby... how about this JACKASS, I want maximum
    performance and I doubt that i'm getting it yet? Are you using the
    drivers that came with your card or updated ones? Why? Is it your
    hobby to upgrade??

    Oh, and bite me.

    Icer wrote:

    > Yes, it's my hobby... how about this JACKASS, I want maximum
    > performance and I doubt that i'm getting it yet?

    When you know for sure get back to us. Why is this of such earth-shattering
    importance to you?

    > Are you using the
    > drivers that came with your card or updated ones?

    Depends on the board and whether I had problems with it. Some I'm using the
    originals, some updated, and some the one that came with the OS.

    > Why? Is it your
    > hobby to upgrade??
    >
    > Oh, and bite me.

    Not even if I was a starving vampire.

    --

    On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 11:26:37 -0400, Icer <icer_54@yahoo.com> wrote:

    >Yes, it's my hobby... how about this JACKASS, I want maximum
    >performance and I doubt that i'm getting it yet?

    I you will probably think that forever, so why bother?

    On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 11:26:37 -0400, Icer <icer_54@yahoo.com> wrote:

    >Yes, it's my hobby... how about this JACKASS, I want maximum
    >performance and I doubt that i'm getting it yet?

    Just like the wish for eternal life ?

    Try prayer.

    No doubt nVidia is currently focussed on finishing up the driver
    code for the 6800-family video processor. Not of any great
    interest to you, but of considerable interest to those in the
    desktop video domain.

    I would much prefer to have a clean release of a driver
    every few months than Ati's practice of releasing
    drivers with poor or non-existent QC every 3 weeks or so.
    Like the Thief 3/Ati-driver fiascos of a few months
    ago. nVidia went through a very bad spot of quick driver
    releases between 53.03 (Dec 2003) and 56.72 (Apr 2004)
    ( and have even dropped several of them from their
    official archive ) - they seem to have learned 'more-haste
    less-speed ".

    John Lewis

    > Are you using the
    >drivers that came with your card or updated ones? Why? Is it your
    >hobby to upgrade??
    >
    >Oh, and bite me.
    >

    >>On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 09:10:23 -0400, "J. Clarke" <jclarke@nospam.invalid> wrote:
    >>Icer wrote:
    >>
    >>> You would think now that the 6800 series has been out for a couple
    >>> months they would have figured ways to tweak them by now. Going on
    >>> three months since theirr last release, and since they pissed off
    >>> Omega the factory seems to be the only choice...
    >>
    >>Are you having a problem with the current drivers? Or is your hobby
    >>collecting driver updates?
    >>>
    >>> Call me impatient..
    >>> G. Patricks

Nvidia Drivers Graphics