Stupid Noob Question concerning Asus V9999 and nvidia

Hi all,
I have just upgraded to a Asus V9999 from a Asus G4 Ti 4600 and have
always just d/l the drivers from Nvidias site, no problems. But now
with the new card I keep reading about 'Forceware' drivers. Are these
better than standard Detonator drivers or what? Also, when I download
my Detonator drivers the installation and following installed program
defaults to Danish which is my keyboards language and not the
language of my Windows XP Pro (English). Can anyone help?
Thanks in advance,
Bobsen
5 answers Last reply
More about stupid noob question asus v9999 nvidia

    Bob Bobsen wrote:
    > Hi all,
    > I have just upgraded to a Asus V9999 from a Asus G4 Ti 4600 and have
    > always just d/l the drivers from Nvidias site, no problems. But now
    > with the new card I keep reading about 'Forceware' drivers. Are these
    > better than standard Detonator drivers or what? Also, when I download
    > my Detonator drivers the installation and following installed program
    > defaults to Danish which is my keyboards language and not the
    > language of my Windows XP Pro (English). Can anyone help?
    > Thanks in advance,
    > Bobsen
    They're the same animal. Since nvidia only makes cards based on the
    Geforce lines of cards, I quess they changed the name. As far as the
    drivers doing that, try the forceware drivers, detonators wouldn't have
    the drivers for your new card.

    basically forceware are nvidia's new name for the detonators :)
    "Tim" <t.w.taylor@rogers.com> wrote in message
    > Bob Bobsen wrote:
    > > Hi all,
    > > I have just upgraded to a Asus V9999 from a Asus G4 Ti 4600 and have
    > > always just d/l the drivers from Nvidias site, no problems. But now
    > > with the new card I keep reading about 'Forceware' drivers. Are these
    > > better than standard Detonator drivers or what? Also, when I download
    > > my Detonator drivers the installation and following installed program
    > > defaults to Danish which is my keyboards language and not the
    > > language of my Windows XP Pro (English). Can anyone help?
    > > Thanks in advance,
    > > Bobsen
    > They're the same animal. Since nvidia only makes cards based on the
    > Geforce lines of cards, I quess they changed the name. As far as the
    > drivers doing that, try the forceware drivers, detonators wouldn't have
    > the drivers for your new card.

    Thanks for the input guys. Do I un install my 61.77 Det drivers before
    d/l'ing and installing the Forceware drivers or can I install over
    them? I think I will try posting the 'default' language question
    separately.
    Thanks,
    Bobsen

    Bob, 61.77 are the latest drivers. There the newest Forceware drivers
    available unless u want to enter the world of beta drivers and unreleasd
    whql drivers.

    A good place to look at is guru3d.com

    But its probably best and definately the most easiest if you just goto the
    official nvidia site :o)

    "Bob Bobsen" <noneedtoknow@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Thanks for the input guys. Do I un install my 61.77 Det drivers before
    > d/l'ing and installing the Forceware drivers or can I install over
    > them? I think I will try posting the 'default' language question
    > separately.
    > Thanks,
    > Bobsen

    Thanks for the help....