Stupid Noob Question concerning Asus V9999 and nvidia

Tags:
  • Nvidia
  • Asus
  • Drivers
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
a b \ Driver
September 24, 2004 12:23:33 AM

Hi all,
I have just upgraded to a Asus V9999 from a Asus G4 Ti 4600 and have
always just d/l the drivers from Nvidias site, no problems. But now
with the new card I keep reading about 'Forceware' drivers. Are these
better than standard Detonator drivers or what? Also, when I download
my Detonator drivers the installation and following installed program
defaults to Danish which is my keyboards language and not the
language of my Windows XP Pro (English). Can anyone help?
Thanks in advance,
Bobsen

More about : stupid noob question asus v9999 nvidia

September 24, 2004 12:23:34 AM

Bob Bobsen wrote:
> Hi all,
> I have just upgraded to a Asus V9999 from a Asus G4 Ti 4600 and have
> always just d/l the drivers from Nvidias site, no problems. But now
> with the new card I keep reading about 'Forceware' drivers. Are these
> better than standard Detonator drivers or what? Also, when I download
> my Detonator drivers the installation and following installed program
> defaults to Danish which is my keyboards language and not the
> language of my Windows XP Pro (English). Can anyone help?
> Thanks in advance,
> Bobsen
They're the same animal. Since nvidia only makes cards based on the
Geforce lines of cards, I quess they changed the name. As far as the
drivers doing that, try the forceware drivers, detonators wouldn't have
the drivers for your new card.
September 25, 2004 12:05:56 AM

basically forceware are nvidia's new name for the detonators :)
"Tim" <t.w.taylor@rogers.com> wrote in message
> Bob Bobsen wrote:
> > Hi all,
> > I have just upgraded to a Asus V9999 from a Asus G4 Ti 4600 and have
> > always just d/l the drivers from Nvidias site, no problems. But now
> > with the new card I keep reading about 'Forceware' drivers. Are these
> > better than standard Detonator drivers or what? Also, when I download
> > my Detonator drivers the installation and following installed program
> > defaults to Danish which is my keyboards language and not the
> > language of my Windows XP Pro (English). Can anyone help?
> > Thanks in advance,
> > Bobsen
> They're the same animal. Since nvidia only makes cards based on the
> Geforce lines of cards, I quess they changed the name. As far as the
> drivers doing that, try the forceware drivers, detonators wouldn't have
> the drivers for your new card.
a b \ Driver
September 25, 2004 12:05:57 AM

Thanks for the input guys. Do I un install my 61.77 Det drivers before
d/l'ing and installing the Forceware drivers or can I install over
them? I think I will try posting the 'default' language question
separately.
Thanks,
Bobsen
September 25, 2004 10:45:55 AM

Bob, 61.77 are the latest drivers. There the newest Forceware drivers
available unless u want to enter the world of beta drivers and unreleasd
whql drivers.

A good place to look at is guru3d.com

But its probably best and definately the most easiest if you just goto the
official nvidia site :o )

"Bob Bobsen" <noneedtoknow@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Thanks for the input guys. Do I un install my 61.77 Det drivers before
> d/l'ing and installing the Forceware drivers or can I install over
> them? I think I will try posting the 'default' language question
> separately.
> Thanks,
> Bobsen

Anonymous