MX440 (128mb) and Need for Speed

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
September 23, 2004 11:04:49 PM

I ran Need for Speed: Porsche unleashed for the first time since i got my mx
440 and it runs extremely slow...is there a compatability issue with EA
Games need for speed series and the MX 440?

More about : mx440 128mb speed

September 24, 2004 5:04:09 PM

You just need a better card
September 25, 2004 5:26:10 PM

Thats not what I asked.

"Nero" <nero@rome.it> wrote in message
> You just need a better card

Related resources
September 25, 2004 10:40:43 PM

"steve" <swragg@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I ran Need for Speed: Porsche unleashed for the first time since i got my
>mx
> 440 and it runs extremely slow...is there a compatability issue with EA
> Games need for speed series and the MX 440?

Not that I'm aware of.....have you installed the full NVIDIA drivers instead
of using the ones Windows provides?
Anonymous
September 26, 2004 4:18:27 AM

"steve" <swragg@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I ran Need for Speed: Porsche unleashed for the first time since i got my
> mx 440 and it runs extremely slow...is there a compatability issue with EA
> Games need for speed series and the MX 440?

I dont know how slow your card is but the MX440 based card cant handle 128MB
vram - the gpu is way too slow for this amount of ram! It's sorta catch
22..
Anonymous
September 26, 2004 4:40:22 AM

The MX series cards are budget cards, not meant for competent gaming. What
were you running it on b4?

!