MX440 (128mb) and Need for Speed

I ran Need for Speed: Porsche unleashed for the first time since i got my mx
440 and it runs extremely slow...is there a compatability issue with EA
Games need for speed series and the MX 440?
5 answers Last reply
More about mx440 128mb speed

    You just need a better card

    Thats not what I asked.

    "steve" <swragg@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >I ran Need for Speed: Porsche unleashed for the first time since i got my
    >mx
    > 440 and it runs extremely slow...is there a compatability issue with EA
    > Games need for speed series and the MX 440?

    Not that I'm aware of.....have you installed the full NVIDIA drivers instead
    of using the ones Windows provides?

    "steve" <swragg@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > I ran Need for Speed: Porsche unleashed for the first time since i got my
    > mx 440 and it runs extremely slow...is there a compatability issue with EA
    > Games need for speed series and the MX 440?

    I dont know how slow your card is but the MX440 based card cant handle 128MB
    vram - the gpu is way too slow for this amount of ram! It's sorta catch
    22..

    The MX series cards are budget cards, not meant for competent gaming. What
    were you running it on b4?

    "steve" <swragg@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > I ran Need for Speed: Porsche unleashed for the first time since i got my
    mx
    > 440 and it runs extremely slow...is there a compatability issue with EA
    > Games need for speed series and the MX 440?

Nvidia Games Graphics