Q3 bench

I haven't used this benchmark for a while and just being nosey as I've got a
new card can anyone tell me how to use the Quake 3 benchmark.

Robin

"robin.gordon1" <robin.gordon1@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
I tried this but after typing this I get the screen booting up and all
the weapons and characters but then goes straight back to the game menu
without any tests done.

Robin:(

Ok, you have Q3A 1.32 installed. Run it.

get into menu screen, drop down console.

type: timedemo 1 [enter]
demo four [enter]

allow the demo to run. When finished, it puts you back to the menu
screen.
Drop the console. Read the bottom line. Just now, mine said:
"1260 frames, 5.4 seconds: 235.2 fps"

that's in 1024x768-32, all goodies on, sliders maxed. That's a little
bit slow for my system, but I got a bunch of stuff running on the
taskbar right now. Good enuf for an example :)

TRENDING THREADS