New card just displays vertical lines

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
September 25, 2004 1:03:24 PM

I just fitted a new 5700 card (Xpert Vision Geforce FX5700 128mb TV DVI),
and after restarting all I get on my screen are a mass of vertical colour
lines of various patterns. That happens right from the start of the
reboot, i.e. I see no BIOS startup or anything, and have no opportunity to
check/change BIOS or any other settings. I can hear that XP starts up OK,
but just can't see it.

I assume this is not driver or anything else software related, but a faulty
card?

I've taken it out and put it back several times to ensure it was correctly
in the AGP slot, and checked the monitor connection of course. If I
reinstate my old Gefore GTS2 card, all is fine, repeatedly.

Is there anything I can do except return this to my vendor to swap (Novatech
in the UK) on Monday?

Neil
Anonymous
September 27, 2004 3:43:10 PM

"Neil" <n@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I just fitted a new 5700 card (Xpert Vision Geforce FX5700 128mb TV DVI),
>and after restarting all I get on my screen are a mass of vertical colour
>lines of various patterns. That happens right from the start of the
>reboot, i.e. I see no BIOS startup or anything, and have no opportunity to
>check/change BIOS or any other settings. I can hear that XP starts up OK,
>but just can't see it.
>
> I assume this is not driver or anything else software related, but a
> faulty card?
>
> I've taken it out and put it back several times to ensure it was correctly
> in the AGP slot, and checked the monitor connection of course. If I
> reinstate my old Gefore GTS2 card, all is fine, repeatedly.
>
> Is there anything I can do except return this to my vendor to swap
> (Novatech in the UK) on Monday?
>
> Neil

Return for exchange or RMA

CapFusion,...