SP

i have been getting a lot of power problems with the 5900xt. when ever i
play far cry it minimises and gives the error that not enough power is being
supplied. the thing is i have a 430W power unit and has only started
displaying this recntly. any ideas to get rid of this message?

sp

cant see it being an hardware issue. it's likely that it's the graphics
card. my system is based on an XP3200 running 2 optical drives, 2
hard-drives and a 6800 graphics card all on a 300W PSU. the old one blew up
(550W) a couple of months ago and I had this one spare. there's also five
case fans keeping things cool.
so i cant think of what this issue would be but maybe an XT is being pushed
on your settings , perhaps you should set it lower and try again.

Robin

SP

i found out why it is causing this problem. the power unit is fine its what
i have done with the rest of the system. I'm running an Abit IS7-E. In the
BIOS there is an option for a game accelerator and i have put it on the
fastest setting. This provides extra voltage to both the cpu and RAM making
them faster. the FSB at standard is 200.5MHz instead of 200MHz, so i get
7MHz more due to the multiplier (2.8GHz P4 multiplier is 14) and the voltage
adjusts to demanding tasks such as gaming. so i now know why the gfx card
complains about voltage. thanks for all of your help

sp