Bios problem with Geforce FX 5900

Hey all,

I have a geforce fx 5900 with a soyo SY-KT333 Dragon Lite Motherboard. I've
had no trouble with the motherboard or the card, and have overclocked my
card and processor successfully to the point where I am happy with my
performance.

However, in the motherboards bios the AGP setting is set at 2X and I cannot
get it to go to 4X. I know the Dragon Lite handles up to 4X, and have tried
many different bios versions and have tried resetting the stats in my bios,
but to no avail.

Anyone have any ideas on what my issue may be? Also, is it even worth
worrying about? I hear any performance increase will be unnoticable between
2 and 4x.

I appreciate any feedback. Thanks.

-Tom

Soyo Dragon Lite should be able or capable using 4X AGP. Most likely the
hardware of either the FX5900 or the AGP slot is damage. AGP setting will
automatic set to the highest setting of the lowest common denominator.

Try download and update your BIOS of your SoYo -
http://www.soyousa.com/downloads/selectresults.php?language=&col1=Proc_AMD+Athlon+XP%2C+T-Bird%2C+Duron&col2=58&col3=BIOS+Upgrade
or http://tinyurl.com/46xq8

To narrow your problem down [If possible].
Try your FX5900 on another MoBo and see if you can get 8X to recognized at
8X AGP.

CapFusion,...

"Dratam" <dratam@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Hey all,
>
> I have a geforce fx 5900 with a soyo SY-KT333 Dragon Lite Motherboard.
> I've
> had no trouble with the motherboard or the card, and have overclocked my
> card and processor successfully to the point where I am happy with my
> performance.
>
> However, in the motherboards bios the AGP setting is set at 2X and I
> cannot
> get it to go to 4X. I know the Dragon Lite handles up to 4X, and have
> tried
> many different bios versions and have tried resetting the stats in my
> bios,
> but to no avail.
>
> Anyone have any ideas on what my issue may be? Also, is it even worth
> worrying about? I hear any performance increase will be unnoticable
> between
> 2 and 4x.
>
> I appreciate any feedback. Thanks.
>
> -Tom

Phil

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2001

The diff between 2x and 4x is almost nil

even if you go to 4x it will only make a tiny difference maybe 1- 3 fps if
you are lucky!