Are Forceware drivers the same as regular Nvidia drivers?

I wonder if the Forceware drivers are the same as NVidia drivers (the
unified drivers) ?
I tried installing 66.00 and 66.30 but none of them installed correctly on
my geForce FX 5900.
I thought NVidia drivers were called 'Detonators' ? Anyway, I have 61.77
installed now (which is what is available on NVidia web site).
I wonder if there are any newer Forceware drivers that would work with
geForce 5900 ?

Thank you,
13 answers Last reply
More about forceware drivers regular nvidia drivers

    "Luke Piasecki" <lpiasecki@rogers.com> wrote in message
    > I wonder if the Forceware drivers are the same as NVidia drivers (the
    > unified drivers) ?
    > I tried installing 66.00 and 66.30 but none of them installed correctly on
    > my geForce FX 5900.
    > I thought NVidia drivers were called 'Detonators' ? Anyway, I have 61.77
    > installed now (which is what is available on NVidia web site).
    > I wonder if there are any newer Forceware drivers that would work with
    > geForce 5900 ?
    >
    > Thank you,

    As far as I know the older drivers are Detonators and starting with version
    6x.xx renamed to Forceware - pure cosmetically!

    "Luke Piasecki" <lpiasecki@rogers.com> wrote in message
    >I wonder if the Forceware drivers are the same as NVidia drivers (the
    > unified drivers) ?
    > I tried installing 66.00 and 66.30 but none of them installed correctly on
    > my geForce FX 5900.
    > I thought NVidia drivers were called 'Detonators' ? Anyway, I have 61.77
    > installed now (which is what is available on NVidia web site).
    > I wonder if there are any newer Forceware drivers that would work with
    > geForce 5900 ?
    >
    > Thank you,

    61.77 driver from nVidia should able to work with FX5900 model.

    CapFusion,...

    CapFusion, please read my post again :-).
    I know it works, I have it installed. I'm asking what is a newer version of
    the driver that will work with the card.

    > CapFusion, please read my post again :-).
    > I know it works, I have it installed. I'm asking what is a newer version
    > of
    > the driver that will work with the card.

    Then I do not fully understand your question. The latest nVidia driver
    publicly is 61.77.
    In OEM / Manufacturer / VAR etc will have like 65.xx series. This is not for
    the public.

    So, let start again.
    You ask what work for FX5900. My answer was 61.77 as the latest version.
    Next, you ask what the latest version will work for FX5900. My answer is
    61.77 is the latest version will work for FX5900.

    I think you should read your own post and my reply to your post.
    It seem like "a dog trying to catch it own tail" senerio here.
    Or you want me to tell you the unrelease [non public] version to see if
    FX5900 [the card] will work or not?
    Or you can also try goto Guru3D for ForceWare driver -
    http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?id=10
    This site will have like 66.10 for Windows2kXP [BETA].

    CapFusion,...

    "Luke Piasecki" <lpiasecki@rogers.com> wrote in message
    > CapFusion, please read my post again :-).
    > I know it works, I have it installed. I'm asking what is a newer version
    > of the driver that will work with the card.

    61.77 is the latest official driver!

    > "Luke Piasecki" <lpiasecki@rogers.com> wrote in message
    >> CapFusion, please read my post again :-).
    >> I know it works, I have it installed. I'm asking what is a newer
    >> version of
    >> the driver that will work with the card.
    >>

    > Then I do not fully understand your question. The latest nVidia driver
    > publicly is 61.77.
    > In OEM / Manufacturer / VAR etc will have like 65.xx series. This is
    > not for the public.
    >
    > So, let start again.
    > You ask what work for FX5900. My answer was 61.77 as the latest
    > version. Next, you ask what the latest version will work for FX5900.
    > My answer is 61.77 is the latest version will work for FX5900.
    >
    > I think you should read your own post and my reply to your post.
    > It seem like "a dog trying to catch it own tail" senerio here.
    > Or you want me to tell you the unrelease [non public] version to see
    > if FX5900 [the card] will work or not?
    > Or you can also try goto Guru3D for ForceWare driver -
    > http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?id=10
    > This site will have like 66.10 for Windows2kXP [BETA].
    >

    > CapFusion,...

    I think the Forceware drivers are for motherboards not video cards.
    The detonator drivers are for video cards.

    "JS" <JS@huh.wha> wrote in message
    > "CapFusion" <CapFusion.Yo.@hotmail.Hehe.Com> wrote in
    >
    >> "Luke Piasecki" <lpiasecki@rogers.com> wrote in message
    >>> CapFusion, please read my post again :-).
    >>> I know it works, I have it installed. I'm asking what is a newer
    >>> version of
    >>> the driver that will work with the card.
    >>>

    >> Then I do not fully understand your question. The latest nVidia driver
    >> publicly is 61.77.
    >> In OEM / Manufacturer / VAR etc will have like 65.xx series. This is
    >> not for the public.
    >>
    >> So, let start again.
    >> You ask what work for FX5900. My answer was 61.77 as the latest
    >> version. Next, you ask what the latest version will work for FX5900.
    >> My answer is 61.77 is the latest version will work for FX5900.
    >>
    >> I think you should read your own post and my reply to your post.
    >> It seem like "a dog trying to catch it own tail" senerio here.
    >> Or you want me to tell you the unrelease [non public] version to see
    >> if FX5900 [the card] will work or not?
    >> Or you can also try goto Guru3D for ForceWare driver -
    >> http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?id=10
    >> This site will have like 66.10 for Windows2kXP [BETA].
    >>

    >> CapFusion,...
    >>

    > I think the Forceware drivers are for motherboards not video cards.
    > The detonator drivers are for video cards.

    Nope, they call those Forceware too.

    >61.77 driver from nVidia should able to work with FX5900 model.
    >
    >CapFusion,...

    All the drivers should work with all TNT/GForce cards. They are unified after
    all.

    >In OEM / Manufacturer / VAR etc will have like 65.xx series. This is not for
    >the public.

    So OEM hardware isn't for the public? Who exactly is it for then? The Secret
    Society?

    "ThE AnArKrIsT" <thirdandten@aol.comNoSpAm> wrote in message
    > >In OEM / Manufacturer / VAR etc will have like 65.xx series. This is not
    > >for
    >>the public.
    >
    > So OEM hardware isn't for the public? Who exactly is it for then? The
    > Secret
    > Society?

    In your case - "The Secret Society?" .. yes [aka Manufacturer / OEM etc.]..
    The only public driver for end-user is from this downoad site -
    Or unless you know the backdoor to nVidia.

    CapFusion,...

    >I think the Forceware drivers are for motherboards not video cards.
    >The detonator drivers are for video cards.

    Then you thought wrong.
  12. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

    > >I think the Forceware drivers are for motherboards not video cards.
    >>The detonator drivers are for video cards.
    >>

    > Then you thought wrong.

    The video card drivers are called Detonator, they useed to be called
    Forceware but recently changed names. The mobo drivers are at the same page
    but unfer the heading Platform/nForce Drivers.
  13. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

    >The video card drivers are called Detonator, they useed to be called
    >Forceware but recently changed names.

    Actually it's the other way around.

Nvidia Drivers Geforce Graphics