Call of Duty United Offensive

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
September 27, 2004 2:35:39 PM

Hi,

Can onyone suggest the best set up options to get this game running at a
decent speed?
I can run the original COD at 1024 with all options on full but even at 800
UO runs like a dog even with some graphic options reduces.

My system is XP-Home on XP2000+ with 512mb mem and a TI4600, mb is K7s5A.

Regards

Barry
Anonymous
September 27, 2004 6:12:57 PM

It ran fine with my 4200 at 800x600 all settings max on an NF7-S.

Your K7S5A memory speed and CPU will slow it down which is a 133 fsb right?
Anonymous
September 27, 2004 6:22:38 PM

Barry Kelman wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can onyone suggest the best set up options to get this game running at a
> decent speed?
> I can run the original COD at 1024 with all options on full but even at 800
> UO runs like a dog even with some graphic options reduces.
>
> My system is XP-Home on XP2000+ with 512mb mem and a TI4600, mb is K7s5A.
>
> Regards
>
> Barry

It's mostly the maps and the engine being pushed to its limit. CoD is
still based on a modified Q3 engine, so while you can have MUCH bigger
and more complex maps, it still is BSP based.

I noticed that even my XP2500+ and GFX5600 were slowing down some, but
overall things stayed a steady 30'ish to 50 fps at 1024x768x32 with Max
settings.
September 28, 2004 7:54:50 PM

when I try to play this I get a message stating that I have cd/dvd emulation
software running how do I get rid of or bypass this error.

Robin
Anonymous
September 29, 2004 4:48:18 AM

You may not like the answer, but the easiest thing to do is go to
Gamecopyworld and get the no-cd patch and apply it. Problem solved.
Good Luck!

In article <ePf6d.166$Zg1.155@newsfe2-win.ntli.net>, robin.gordon1
@ntlworld.com says...
> when I try to play this I get a message stating that I have cd/dvd emulation
> software running how do I get rid of or bypass this error.
>
> Robin

Anonymous
September 30, 2004 5:34:20 PM

Well you can do as I did just today ;)

I set everything to the absolute lowest ;)

This gives like 17 to 21 to 25 sometimes even 35 FPS outdoors... indoors is
general no problem at 50 FPS etc.

It makes all the difference for me on my PIII 450 mhz ;)

First I was like playing at 11 FPS outdoors sometimes maybe even 7 FPS...
but now it's mostly between 17 and 21 FPS outdoors ;)

It plays 10x times better now... I also found a nice server where
everybodie's ping is low and my ping was like 25 ! wow :D

So it plays absolutely superb now... there are only a few persons who can
beat me because the have like 60 FPS and a very good connection.

Most of the people are now know problem when I use specific wapens... I have
been playing it for a week lol and got pretty good.

Especially the british revolver is pretty simple to use and effective at
close range... pretty amazing... I wasted many with that little revolver
lol... it shoots fast too :D  and euhmmm the russian and german 'semi
automatic riffles' where you have to 'pull the trigger' repeatedly
yourself... instead of autoshooting.

Anyway the most important thing in Call Of Duty UO is the following:

1. Don't shoot to fast that will make the shoots totally inaccurate and
you'll hit absolutely nothing ;)
Instead try to keep as still as possible and then shoot in little bursts for
example or even a few single shots <- much more effective
Also moving makes shots less accurate.

2. When reloading try to run away or try to lie down on the ground... maybe
behind a wall or something ;)

3. Now that my gameplay is a lot better thanks to lower graphics I also gave
some other wapens a try... for example the sniper gun... it seems when
lieing down on the ground the aim is much more accurate (less swining of the
cursor/visor ;)  )

4. I am not pretty damn good with the semi-automatic riffles. What works for
me very well is the following... simply walk/run around and then when you
see an enemy crouch and switch to 'aiming' mode and then pop a few bullits
in the enemy... boom he s dead ;)

Revolver is good for close range.
Semi riffle is good for mid range (3 wapen of 5 ) blabla assault gun.. .dont
know the exact name ;)

Well those are my best tips...

Sometimes it s pretty funny to see how people can get distracted and hurt by
granades or smoke... try throwing a whole bunch of them in a house where you
know there are enemies stacked... and drop-in some smoke... but dont go into
the smoke but somewhere else lol... most enemies will think you are hiding
or will come out of the smoke lol :D  but you're actually somewhere else :D
haha. ( I did this tactic when I was on lower frame rates and it worked
perfectly and funny too lol )

Well I dont know about the other wapens really... since I am not so good
with those yet ;)

Except for tanks <- easy :D  and jeeps too lol.

Bye.
Anonymous
October 1, 2004 10:16:12 AM

I tried that and it solved the problem. Cheers. I think that it was an
issue with CloneCD so I uninstalled it and even Pandora tomorrow now works.

Robin:o )
!