Call of Duty United Offensive

Hi,

Can onyone suggest the best set up options to get this game running at a
decent speed?
I can run the original COD at 1024 with all options on full but even at 800
UO runs like a dog even with some graphic options reduces.

My system is XP-Home on XP2000+ with 512mb mem and a TI4600, mb is K7s5A.

Regards

Barry
6 answers Last reply
More about call duty united offensive

    It ran fine with my 4200 at 800x600 all settings max on an NF7-S.

    Your K7S5A memory speed and CPU will slow it down which is a 133 fsb right?

    Barry Kelman wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Can onyone suggest the best set up options to get this game running at a
    > decent speed?
    > I can run the original COD at 1024 with all options on full but even at 800
    > UO runs like a dog even with some graphic options reduces.
    >
    > My system is XP-Home on XP2000+ with 512mb mem and a TI4600, mb is K7s5A.
    >
    > Regards
    >
    > Barry

    It's mostly the maps and the engine being pushed to its limit. CoD is
    still based on a modified Q3 engine, so while you can have MUCH bigger
    and more complex maps, it still is BSP based.

    I noticed that even my XP2500+ and GFX5600 were slowing down some, but
    overall things stayed a steady 30'ish to 50 fps at 1024x768x32 with Max
    settings.

    when I try to play this I get a message stating that I have cd/dvd emulation
    software running how do I get rid of or bypass this error.

    Robin

    You may not like the answer, but the easiest thing to do is go to
    Gamecopyworld and get the no-cd patch and apply it. Problem solved.
    Good Luck!

    In article <ePf6d.166$Zg1.155@newsfe2-win.ntli.net>, robin.gordon1
    @ntlworld.com says...
    > when I try to play this I get a message stating that I have cd/dvd emulation
    > software running how do I get rid of or bypass this error.
    >
    > Robin

    Well you can do as I did just today ;)

    I set everything to the absolute lowest ;)

    This gives like 17 to 21 to 25 sometimes even 35 FPS outdoors... indoors is
    general no problem at 50 FPS etc.

    It makes all the difference for me on my PIII 450 mhz ;)

    First I was like playing at 11 FPS outdoors sometimes maybe even 7 FPS...
    but now it's mostly between 17 and 21 FPS outdoors ;)

    It plays 10x times better now... I also found a nice server where
    everybodie's ping is low and my ping was like 25 ! wow :D

    So it plays absolutely superb now... there are only a few persons who can
    beat me because the have like 60 FPS and a very good connection.

    Most of the people are now know problem when I use specific wapens... I have
    been playing it for a week lol and got pretty good.

    Especially the british revolver is pretty simple to use and effective at
    close range... pretty amazing... I wasted many with that little revolver
    lol... it shoots fast too :D and euhmmm the russian and german 'semi
    automatic riffles' where you have to 'pull the trigger' repeatedly
    yourself... instead of autoshooting.

    Anyway the most important thing in Call Of Duty UO is the following:

    1. Don't shoot to fast that will make the shoots totally inaccurate and
    you'll hit absolutely nothing ;)
    Instead try to keep as still as possible and then shoot in little bursts for
    example or even a few single shots <- much more effective
    Also moving makes shots less accurate.

    2. When reloading try to run away or try to lie down on the ground... maybe
    behind a wall or something ;)

    3. Now that my gameplay is a lot better thanks to lower graphics I also gave
    some other wapens a try... for example the sniper gun... it seems when
    lieing down on the ground the aim is much more accurate (less swining of the
    cursor/visor ;) )

    4. I am not pretty damn good with the semi-automatic riffles. What works for
    me very well is the following... simply walk/run around and then when you
    see an enemy crouch and switch to 'aiming' mode and then pop a few bullits
    in the enemy... boom he s dead ;)

    Revolver is good for close range.
    Semi riffle is good for mid range (3 wapen of 5 ) blabla assault gun.. .dont
    know the exact name ;)

    Well those are my best tips...

    Sometimes it s pretty funny to see how people can get distracted and hurt by
    granades or smoke... try throwing a whole bunch of them in a house where you
    know there are enemies stacked... and drop-in some smoke... but dont go into
    the smoke but somewhere else lol... most enemies will think you are hiding
    or will come out of the smoke lol :D but you're actually somewhere else :D
    haha. ( I did this tactic when I was on lower frame rates and it worked
    perfectly and funny too lol )

    Well I dont know about the other wapens really... since I am not so good
    with those yet ;)

    Except for tanks <- easy :D and jeeps too lol.

    Bye.

    I tried that and it solved the problem. Cheers. I think that it was an
    issue with CloneCD so I uninstalled it and even Pandora tomorrow now works.

    Robin:o)

Nvidia Call of Duty Graphics