HELP! Please!!! ...ASUS V9980 Ultra Nvidia FX5950 Chipset

I have a ASUS V9980 Ultra (Nvidia FX5950 chipset) AGP graphics card.

Computer works fine until i run games.

When i play a game i get massive "spikes" and lines coming from the
distance, random drawn coloured lines flashing up everywhere and they
obscure everything making some games unplayable.

What are they? Why does it do this??? How can i fix this problem???? is my
card goosed!!!???? Please somebody help me!

My AGP aparture to 256 MB and ive downloaded all of the latest drivers
(Nvidias and ASUS's own) and still the same thing.

Please help me!

Cheers

BigSie

GTS

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2003

"BigSie" <bigsie001@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I have a ASUS V9980 Ultra (Nvidia FX5950 chipset) AGP graphics card.
>
> Computer works fine until i run games.
>
> When i play a game i get massive "spikes" and lines coming from the
> distance, random drawn coloured lines flashing up everywhere and they
> obscure everything making some games unplayable.
>
> What are they? Why does it do this??? How can i fix this problem???? is my
> card goosed!!!???? Please somebody help me!
>
> My AGP aparture to 256 MB and ive downloaded all of the latest drivers
> (Nvidias and ASUS's own) and still the same thing.
>
> Please help me!
>
> Cheers
>
> BigSie

Do you have FSAA turned on as default, possibly set too high? Only time I
saw something like this was when I set FSAA to maximum on NFS Underground...

Also change your AGP aperture to 128 or even 64 and try that.

Also, what air flow do you have going through the comp?
Take the side of the case off and see if that makes a difference.

Warty

"BigSie" <bigsie001@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I have a ASUS V9980 Ultra (Nvidia FX5950 chipset) AGP graphics card.
>
> Computer works fine until i run games.
>
> When i play a game i get massive "spikes" and lines coming from the
> distance, random drawn coloured lines flashing up everywhere and they
> obscure everything making some games unplayable.
>
> What are they? Why does it do this??? How can i fix this problem???? is my
> card goosed!!!???? Please somebody help me!
>
> My AGP aparture to 256 MB and ive downloaded all of the latest drivers
> (Nvidias and ASUS's own) and still the same thing.
>
> Please help me!
>
> Cheers
>
> BigSie

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

and is your card got its external power molex connected?

"John" <me@me.com> skrev i en meddelelse
> and is your card got its external power molex connected?

Had the same probs with FarCry and BF1942 on 2 diff. machines.
The MX400 would like 45.23 and the 5900XT the 66.00.
I think it´s a driver problem.

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

Actually thinking about it, this sounds like a heat issue to me. Try to
improve airflow etc.

Bad news: I had this happen to me on my FX5900 that i overclocked too much,
the ram is now fried :(
"BigSie" <bigsie001@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I have a ASUS V9980 Ultra (Nvidia FX5950 chipset) AGP graphics card.
>
> Computer works fine until i run games.
>
> When i play a game i get massive "spikes" and lines coming from the
> distance, random drawn coloured lines flashing up everywhere and they
> obscure everything making some games unplayable.
>
> What are they? Why does it do this??? How can i fix this problem???? is my
> card goosed!!!???? Please somebody help me!
>
> My AGP aparture to 256 MB and ive downloaded all of the latest drivers
> (Nvidias and ASUS's own) and still the same thing.
>
> Please help me!
>
> Cheers
>
> BigSie

TRENDING THREADS