SUSE 9.1 + HP xw8000 + nvidia: How to multihead?

Archived from groups: comp.os.linux.x,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.linux.suse,alt.os.linux.suse,comp.sys.hp.hardware (More info?)

I'm running SUSE 9.1 on an XP xw8000 with an NVIDIA Quadro NVS 280 AGP
card. The card supports two displays. Can anyone suggest how to get
multihead support from this system? When I attempt multihead setup in
SaX2, I'm told "Your system does not provide more than one graphics
device."

Thanks.

David
4
answers
Last reply
More about suse xw8000 nvidia multihead
  1. Archived from groups: comp.os.linux.x,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.linux.suse,alt.os.linux.suse,comp.sys.hp.hardware (More info?)

    Il Tue, 28 Sep 2004 12:33:23 -0700, David ha scritto:

    > I'm running SUSE 9.1 on an XP xw8000 with an NVIDIA Quadro NVS 280 AGP
    > card. The card supports two displays. Can anyone suggest how to get
    > multihead support from this system? When I attempt multihead setup in
    > SaX2, I'm told "Your system does not provide more than one graphics
    > device."
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > David
    Multihead means two graphic cards not one
  2. Archived from groups: comp.os.linux.x,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.linux.suse,alt.os.linux.suse,comp.sys.hp.hardware (More info?)

    .... or one graphics card with two or more heads. Evidently SUSE does not
    support one card with two heads... Ben Myers

    On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 18:25:23 GMT, andlogo <andlogo@linux.site> wrote:

    >Il Tue, 28 Sep 2004 12:33:23 -0700, David ha scritto:
    >
    >> I'm running SUSE 9.1 on an XP xw8000 with an NVIDIA Quadro NVS 280 AGP
    >> card. The card supports two displays. Can anyone suggest how to get
    >> multihead support from this system? When I attempt multihead setup in
    >> SaX2, I'm told "Your system does not provide more than one graphics
    >> device."
    >>
    >> Thanks.
    >>
    >> David
    >Multihead means two graphic cards not one
  3. Archived from groups: comp.os.linux.x,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.linux.suse,alt.os.linux.suse,comp.sys.hp.hardware (More info?)

    begin C:\AUX Ben Myers wrote:

    > ... or one graphics card with two or more heads. Evidently SUSE does not
    > support one card with two heads... Ben Myers

    Bullshit
    --
    Microsoft software doesn't get released - it escapes, leaving
    a trail of destruction behind it.

    On the seventh day, David wrote...

    > I'm running SUSE 9.1 on an XP xw8000 with an NVIDIA Quadro NVS 280 AGP
    > card. The card supports two displays. Can anyone suggest how to get
    > multihead support from this system? When I attempt multihead setup in
    > SaX2, I'm told "Your system does not provide more than one graphics
    > device."

    Have a look at either
    http://lists.suse.com/archive/suse-linux-e/2001-Jun/att-0072/01-TWINVIEW_README
    or
    http://www.gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Dual_Monitors .

    BTW: Please set a follow-up when posting into multiple groups. Thank you.

    HTH

    Not likely! - Dr Pulaski, "Star Trek: The Next Generation,
    (Where silence has lease)"

Nvidia Hewlett Packard Linux Graphics