GeForce2 MX/MX 400

Je

I have this card installed on a pc that I am trying to install the MS SP2
upgrade. When I have the monitor hooked up on the digital side, I cannot
get the pc to boot up or uninstall the SP2 upgrade. I connect the analog
side and everything works just fine. I have tried to locate new drivers on
the Nvidia site and see nothing.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

--
Email no good, reply to group

"JE" <Zeke@legs.com> wrote in message
>I have this card installed on a pc that I am trying to install the MS SP2
>upgrade. When I have the monitor hooked up on the digital side, I cannot
>get the pc to boot up or uninstall the SP2 upgrade. I connect the analog
>side and everything works just fine. I have tried to locate new drivers on
>the Nvidia site and see nothing.
>
> Any other suggestions would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks

Can you clarify abit.
Have you just install the card first and it driver to see if it will work
proper?
Have you check in either Display Properties or Device Manager under category
Display Adapter to see what listing?
It should indicate the name / model of the card if you install from the
CDDISC.

SP2? I assumed you using Windows XP. If so, try this link from nVidia site -
http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_61.77
If I am wrong, but haveWin98/ME instead -
http://www.nvidia.com/object/win9x_61.76

Where you did you look for driver on NVIDIA site?

Note -
Try install the driver for the your card to see everything working first
before install anything else. You do not want to add anything more to the
problem until you fix one before create another problem.

When driver install and seem to be working order of the card, try using
either one of the DVI or VGA port to see if display when booting into
Windows.

CapFusion,...

predator

Distinguished
May 6, 2004

if it won't boot up at all then it has little to do with sp2

"JE" <Zeke@legs.com> wrote in message
>I have this card installed on a pc that I am trying to install the MS SP2
>upgrade. When I have the monitor hooked up on the digital side, I cannot
>get the pc to boot up or uninstall the SP2 upgrade. I connect the analog
>side and everything works just fine. I have tried to locate new drivers on
>the Nvidia site and see nothing.
>
> Any other suggestions would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks
>
> --
> Email no good, reply to group

Je

I had the card installed when the pc was new. I had it connected via the
digital connector for at least 2 years and not had any problems. Now, I
installed, or tried to intstall the MS SP2 upgarade and then the problem
started. I have now connected to the analog side of the card and monitor
and everything is working as is the SP2 upgrade. I would like to get the
digital working. I downloaded the drivers from NVIDIA site and installed
them and it still does not work. I noticed while installing the new drivers
that they are not "signed" by Microsoft, which is a little unusual, I think,
and of course they warn you that things may not work right and they don't.

Jack

"CapFusion" <CapFusion.Yo.@hotmail.Hehe.Com> wrote in message

> "JE" <Zeke@legs.com> wrote in message
>>I have this card installed on a pc that I am trying to install the MS SP2
>>upgrade. When I have the monitor hooked up on the digital side, I cannot
>>get the pc to boot up or uninstall the SP2 upgrade. I connect the analog
>>side and everything works just fine. I have tried to locate new drivers
>>on the Nvidia site and see nothing.
>>
>> Any other suggestions would be appreciated.
>>
>> Thanks
>>

> Can you clarify abit.
> Have you just install the card first and it driver to see if it will work
> proper?
> Have you check in either Display Properties or Device Manager under
> category Display Adapter to see what listing?
> It should indicate the name / model of the card if you install from the
> CDDISC.
>
> SP2? I assumed you using Windows XP. If so, try this link from nVidia
> site -
> http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_61.77
> If I am wrong, but haveWin98/ME instead -
> http://www.nvidia.com/object/win9x_61.76
>
> Where you did you look for driver on NVIDIA site?
>
> Note -
> Try install the driver for the your card to see everything working first
> before install anything else. You do not want to add anything more to the
> problem until you fix one before create another problem.
>
> When driver install and seem to be working order of the card, try using
> either one of the DVI or VGA port to see if display when booting into
> Windows.
>
> CapFusion,...

Ok. you begining to provide info.
Can you uninstall SP2 or have a backup prior to SP2 install and see if it
will work again like before?

When you say stated --- now connected to analog side of the card --- I
assumed your monitor have two cable [DVI and VGA]. Are both cable from the
monitor attach / connected to the ports of the card? If so, connect only one
port.

**Or**
Next check your setting, do you know how to get to nView Mode [I assumed you
do, otherwise see link below]? Can you tell me what mode is on now? Your
setting may have change or when back to default.
Starting from page 60 - DualView mode / Clone etc.
http://download.nvidia.com/Windows/61.76/ForceWare_Release_60_Graphics_Display_Property_Users_Guide.pdf

CapFusion,...

>I had the card installed when the pc was new. I had it connected via the
>digital connector for at least 2 years and not had any problems. Now, I
>installed, or tried to intstall the MS SP2 upgarade and then the problem
>started. I have now connected to the analog side of the card and monitor
>and everything is working as is the SP2 upgrade. I would like to get the
>digital working. I downloaded the drivers from NVIDIA site and installed
>them and it still does not work. I noticed while installing the new
>drivers that they are not "signed" by Microsoft, which is a little unusual,
>I think, and of course they warn you that things may not work right and
>they don't.
>
> Jack
>
> "CapFusion" <CapFusion.Yo.@hotmail.Hehe.Com> wrote in message
>>
>> "JE" <Zeke@legs.com> wrote in message
>>>I have this card installed on a pc that I am trying to install the MS SP2
>>>upgrade. When I have the monitor hooked up on the digital side, I cannot
>>>get the pc to boot up or uninstall the SP2 upgrade. I connect the analog
>>>side and everything works just fine. I have tried to locate new drivers
>>>on the Nvidia site and see nothing.
>>>
>>> Any other suggestions would be appreciated.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>

>> Can you clarify abit.
>> Have you just install the card first and it driver to see if it will work
>> proper?
>> Have you check in either Display Properties or Device Manager under
>> category Display Adapter to see what listing?
>> It should indicate the name / model of the card if you install from the
>> CDDISC.
>>
>> SP2? I assumed you using Windows XP. If so, try this link from nVidia
>> site -
>> http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_61.77
>> If I am wrong, but haveWin98/ME instead -
>> http://www.nvidia.com/object/win9x_61.76
>>
>> Where you did you look for driver on NVIDIA site?
>>
>> Note -
>> Try install the driver for the your card to see everything working first
>> before install anything else. You do not want to add anything more to the
>> problem until you fix one before create another problem.
>>
>> When driver install and seem to be working order of the card, try using
>> either one of the DVI or VGA port to see if display when booting into
>> Windows.
>>
>> CapFusion,...

Je

> Ok. you begining to provide info.
> Can you uninstall SP2 or have a backup prior to SP2 install and see if it
> will work again like before?

Yes, with SP2 uninstalled, both sides will work...I never have both sides
connected at the same time. Either I have on digital or analog, never both.
When I had the digital connected after installing SP2, I could only get on
through Safe Mode and then I could not uninstall SP2. Connected to the
analog, I could.

> When you say stated --- now connected to analog side of the card --- I
> assumed your monitor have two cable [DVI and VGA]. Are both cable from the
> monitor attach / connected to the ports of the card? If so, connect only
> one port.
>
> **Or**
> Next check your setting, do you know how to get to nView Mode [I assumed
> you do, otherwise see link below]? Can you tell me what mode is on now?
> Your setting may have change or when back to default.
> Starting from page 60 - DualView mode / Clone etc.
> http://download.nvidia.com/Windows/61.76/ForceWare_Release_60_Graphics_Display_Property_Users_Guide.pdf
>
> CapFusion,...
>
> "JE" <Zeke@legs.com> wrote in message
>>I had the card installed when the pc was new. I had it connected via the
>>digital connector for at least 2 years and not had any problems. Now, I
>>installed, or tried to intstall the MS SP2 upgarade and then the problem
>>started. I have now connected to the analog side of the card and monitor
>>and everything is working as is the SP2 upgrade. I would like to get the
>>digital working. I downloaded the drivers from NVIDIA site and installed
>>them and it still does not work. I noticed while installing the new
>>drivers that they are not "signed" by Microsoft, which is a little
>>unusual, I think, and of course they warn you that things may not work
>>right and they don't.
>>
>> Jack
>>
>> "CapFusion" <CapFusion.Yo.@hotmail.Hehe.Com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "JE" <Zeke@legs.com> wrote in message

>>> Can you clarify abit.
>>> Have you just install the card first and it driver to see if it will
>>> work proper?
>>> Have you check in either Display Properties or Device Manager under
>>> category Display Adapter to see what listing?
>>> It should indicate the name / model of the card if you install from the
>>> CDDISC.
>>>
>>> SP2? I assumed you using Windows XP. If so, try this link from nVidia
>>> site -
>>> http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_61.77
>>> If I am wrong, but haveWin98/ME instead -
>>> http://www.nvidia.com/object/win9x_61.76
>>>
>>> Where you did you look for driver on NVIDIA site?
>>>
>>> Note -
>>> Try install the driver for the your card to see everything working first
>>> before install anything else. You do not want to add anything more to
>>> the problem until you fix one before create another problem.
>>>
>>> When driver install and seem to be working order of the card, try using
>>> either one of the DVI or VGA port to see if display when booting into
>>> Windows.
>>>
>>> CapFusion,...

Je

I see that the card and SP2 don't agree. Naturally since SP2 will work with
analog, it seems the card and drivers are the problem.

> I see that the card and SP2 don't agree. Naturally since SP2 will work
> with analog, it seems the card and drivers are the problem.

The problem might go away when u uninstall /reinstall it in SP2!

Worth a try...

Je

Thanks Steve, this is exactly what I needed to do!!!!!

Jack