3DMARK05 out!! bittorrent link

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

rms schrieb:

> 283meg, 1.1gb installed!
omg. Only to see how glorious your card is such a hefty download... You
gotta be joking..

--

Bora Ugurlu
mailto:boraugurlu@yahoo.de

DaveL

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2001

1.1gb ? They must think hard drives grow on trees!!!

DaveL

"Bora Ugurlu" <boraugurlu@yahoo.de> wrote in message
> rms schrieb:
>
> > 283meg, 1.1gb installed!
> omg. Only to see how glorious your card is such a hefty download... You
> gotta be joking..
>

> --
>
> Bora Ugurlu
> mailto:boraugurlu@yahoo.de

Andrew

On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 07:57:35 -0700, "DaveL" <dave1027@comcast.net>
wrote:

>1.1gb ? They must think hard drives grow on trees!!!

I wouldn't worry about it, your 1995 PC with a 10GB harddisk probably
won't run the benchmark.

rms

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2003

> I wouldn't worry about it, your 1995 PC with a 10GB harddisk probably
> won't run the benchmark.

Myst4 is 2dvds, and an 8gb install. Time to upgrade!

rms

In alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia, Bora Ugurlu ordered an army of
hamsters to type:

> rms schrieb:
>
>> 283meg, 1.1gb installed!
> omg. Only to see how glorious your card is such a hefty download... You
> gotta be joking..

well its more than eyecandy. I know there are always going to be
inconistancies if you compare 3dmark results with other peoples machines
(thus making these comparisons always unfair), however, if you benchmark
your own machines and tweaks to them, it is an incredably useful tool to
have.

On 9/29/2004 9:55 AM Kokoro brightened our day with:

>In alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia, Bora Ugurlu ordered an army of
>hamsters to type:
>

>>rms schrieb:
>>

>>>283meg, 1.1gb installed!
>>>

>>omg. Only to see how glorious your card is such a hefty download... You
>>gotta be joking..
>>

>well its more than eyecandy. I know there are always going to be
>inconistancies if you compare 3dmark results with other peoples machines
>(thus making these comparisons always unfair), however, if you benchmark
>your own machines and tweaks to them, it is an incredably useful tool to
>have.

It's also useful to test if you're set up is grossly out of whack. If
you're getting 2000 pts. less than someone with a similar rig, you've
got problems.

--
"...forged but accurate."

Steve ¤»Inglo«¤
www.inglostadt.com

Downloaded it. its not that
good..................................................Don't waste your time

"Bora Ugurlu" <boraugurlu@yahoo.de> wrote in message
> rms schrieb:
>
>> 283meg, 1.1gb installed!
> omg. Only to see how glorious your card is such a hefty download... You
> gotta be joking..
>

> --
>
> Bora Ugurlu
> mailto:boraugurlu@yahoo.de

>>283meg, 1.1gb installed!
>
> omg. Only to see how glorious your card is such a hefty download... You
> gotta be joking..

Just save yourself the trouble of the download and use this formula to
approximate your 3DMark05 score:

(($ paid for video card) ^ 2) / 40

Tim

"DaveL" <dave1027@comcast.net> wrote in message

> ... They must think hard drives grow on trees!!!

Actually they're closer to the rhubarb family, with the plant's somewhat
triangular leaf blades serving as the drive platters. Sure they hold all of
your Lindsay Lohan JPEGs and Deep Space Nine episodes, but if stewed they
yield a tart sauce that can be eaten with sugar or used as filling for pies,
tarts and crumbles.

Andrew

On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 12:06:10 -0400, "Tim" <argybargy@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Actually they're closer to the rhubarb family, with the plant's somewhat
>triangular leaf blades serving as the drive platters. Sure they hold all of
>your Lindsay Lohan JPEGs and Deep Space Nine episodes, but if stewed they
>yield a tart sauce that can be eaten with sugar or used as filling for pies,
>tarts and crumbles.

LOL! :)

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

"rms" <rsquires@flashREMOVE.net> wrote
> 283meg, 1.1gb installed!

Heeey, somebody's lying here! Takes away only 591mb
from my HD, I must have some kinda lite-version then...

Got massive 1450 points, wohooo. Nice slideshow
indeed. But strange thing is, that fps is something like
3-5 during actual benchmarks but demo is hell of a
lot smoother!

Like I smell something... fishy... hmmm.

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

On 10/1/2004 3:48 AM Aki Peltola brightened our day with:

>"rms" <rsquires@flashREMOVE.net> wrote
>

>>283meg, 1.1gb installed!
>>

>Heeey, somebody's lying here! Takes away only 591mb
>from my HD, I must have some kinda lite-version then...
>
>Got massive 1450 points, wohooo. Nice slideshow
>indeed. But strange thing is, that fps is something like
>3-5 during actual benchmarks but demo is hell of a
>lot smoother!
>
>Like I smell something... fishy... hmmm.

There is an install space requirement of 1+ Gb, maybe that's what rms
was referring to. Nothing new that the install process takes more space
than the final installation.

--
"...forged but accurate."

Steve ¤»Inglo«¤
www.inglostadt.com

BP

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

On Fri, 1 Oct 2004 13:48:28 +0300, "Aki Peltola"
<aape@POISTAgamma.nic.fi> wrote:

>Got massive 1450 points
What the hell is in your machine ?!

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

"bp" <none@comcast.net> wrote
> On Fri, 1 Oct 2004 13:48:28 +0300, "Aki Peltola"
> <aape@POISTAgamma.nic.fi> wrote:
>>Got massive 1450 points
> What the hell is in your machine ?!

Enough to run everything else smoothly except 3DMark05 :)

BP

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

On Mon, 4 Oct 2004 17:56:51 +0300, "Aki Peltola"
<aape@POISTAgamma.nic.fi> wrote:

>"bp" <none@comcast.net> wrote
>> On Fri, 1 Oct 2004 13:48:28 +0300, "Aki Peltola"
>> <aape@POISTAgamma.nic.fi> wrote:
>>>Got massive 1450 points
>> What the hell is in your machine ?!
>
>Enough to run everything else smoothly except 3DMark05 :)

LOL
OK so what is "everything else" ?
Actually I was thinking you had an extra zero on that number

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

"bp" <none@comcast.net> wrote
>>"bp" <none@comcast.net> wrote
>>> What the hell is in your machine ?!
>>Enough to run everything else smoothly except 3DMark05 :)
> LOL
> OK so what is "everything else" ?

Dawn of War demo (1024x768, all=high except
shadows=low), Doom3 (800x600/Medium, all advanced
options enabled except vsync), Thief3 (800x600, 2x
Multisampling, high textures&everything maxed).

And my hellish machine is Barton 2600+, 512mb ddr333
and 9600pro 128mb (450/330).

> Actually I was thinking you had an extra zero on that number

Benchmarked again, 1436 points. I suppose that's quite
good score, considering fps was something between 3-10
all the time and mostly 1fps during CPU tests :)

On Tue, 5 Oct 2004 02:00:16 +0300, "Aki Peltola" <aape@POISTAgamma.nic.fi> wrote:

>"bp" <none@comcast.net> wrote
>>>"bp" <none@comcast.net> wrote
>>>Enough to run everything else smoothly except 3DMark05 :)
>> LOL
>> OK so what is "everything else" ?
>
>Dawn of War demo (1024x768, all=high except
>shadows=low), Doom3 (800x600/Medium, all advanced
>options enabled except vsync), Thief3 (800x600, 2x
>Multisampling, high textures&everything maxed).
>
>And my hellish machine is Barton 2600+, 512mb ddr333
>and 9600pro 128mb (450/330).
>
>> Actually I was thinking you had an extra zero on that number
>
>Benchmarked again, 1436 points. I suppose that's quite
>good score, considering fps was something between 3-10
>all the time and mostly 1fps during CPU tests :)

a got mostly the same set up considering that your video card is clocked at a 9800pro or xt
and that i got a 9800pro with no oc i'm happy to see that there is some physical law in this world.

a got 2400 point. ;-p

BP

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

On Tue, 5 Oct 2004 02:00:16 +0300, "Aki Peltola"
<aape@POISTAgamma.nic.fi> wrote:

>"bp" <none@comcast.net> wrote
>>>"bp" <none@comcast.net> wrote
>>>Enough to run everything else smoothly except 3DMark05 :)
>> LOL
>> OK so what is "everything else" ?
>
>Dawn of War demo (1024x768, all=high except
>shadows=low), Doom3 (800x600/Medium, all advanced
>options enabled except vsync), Thief3 (800x600, 2x
>Multisampling, high textures&everything maxed).
>
>And my hellish machine is Barton 2600+, 512mb ddr333
>and 9600pro 128mb (450/330).
>
>> Actually I was thinking you had an extra zero on that number
>
>Benchmarked again, 1436 points. I suppose that's quite
>good score, considering fps was something between 3-10
>all the time and mostly 1fps during CPU tests :)

I get 2 a whooping FPS with a amd64 3000 on that test.