GEforce FX 5200 probs/Doom 3

Doom 3 will not load as it's asking for Open GL drivers.

Any ideas as to where I can get these please?

Alex

"bhash the bishop" <alex@hangus78#spamtrap#.plus.com> wrote in message
> Doom 3 will not load as it's asking for Open GL drivers.
>
> Any ideas as to where I can get these please?
>
> Alex

Make sure you have driver install. If you do, what the driver indicate?
Do you have VIA type MoBo? Have you install 4in1 MoBo driver?

BTW, can you provide PC specification with brand and make / model?

CapFusion,...

"CapFusion" <CapFusion.Yo.@hotmail.Hehe.Com> wrote in message

> "bhash the bishop" <alex@hangus78#spamtrap#.plus.com> wrote in message
>> Doom 3 will not load as it's asking for Open GL drivers.
>>
>> Any ideas as to where I can get these please?
>>
>> Alex
>>
> Make sure you have driver install. If you do, what the driver indicate?
> Do you have VIA type MoBo? Have you install 4in1 MoBo driver?
>
> BTW, can you provide PC specification with brand and make / model?
>
> CapFusion,...

The driver is 6.1.1.7 from the nvidia website.

VIA????? MoBo?????

> "CapFusion" <CapFusion.Yo.@hotmail.Hehe.Com> wrote in message
>>
>> "bhash the bishop" <alex@hangus78#spamtrap#.plus.com> wrote in message
>>> Doom 3 will not load as it's asking for Open GL drivers.
>>>
>>> Any ideas as to where I can get these please?
>>>
>>> Alex
>>>
>> Make sure you have driver install. If you do, what the driver indicate?
>> Do you have VIA type MoBo? Have you install 4in1 MoBo driver?
>>
>> BTW, can you provide PC specification with brand and make / model?
>>
>> CapFusion,...
>>

> The driver is 6.1.1.7 from the nvidia website.
>
> VIA????? MoBo?????
>
> Alex

You mean 61.77 for Windows 2000 and XP...?
MoBo = MotherBoard
Or
MOther
BOard

VIA is a chipset .
What MoBo do you have? Sorry, ESP abilities seem to be offline or down at
this time [maybe the weather is causing it]. Can you provide the model /
make of your Motherboard [or Mainboard].

> "bhash the bishop" <alex@hangus78#spamtrap#.plus.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "CapFusion" <CapFusion.Yo.@hotmail.Hehe.Com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "bhash the bishop" <alex@hangus78#spamtrap#.plus.com> wrote in message

>>> Make sure you have driver install. If you do, what the driver indicate?
>>> Do you have VIA type MoBo? Have you install 4in1 MoBo driver?
>>>
>>> BTW, can you provide PC specification with brand and make / model?
>>>
>>> CapFusion,...
>>>

>> The driver is 6.1.1.7 from the nvidia website.
>>
>> VIA????? MoBo?????
>>
>> Alex
>>
> You mean 61.77 for Windows 2000 and XP...?
> MoBo = MotherBoard
> Or
> MOther
> BOard
>
> VIA is a chipset .
> What MoBo do you have? Sorry, ESP abilities seem to be offline or down at
> this time [maybe the weather is causing it]. Can you provide the model /
> make of your Motherboard [or Mainboard].
>
> CapFusion,...

The PC is an E-Machine (Sold by PC World in the UK, it is an E-190)

Thats all I know!!

> "CapFusion" <CapFusion.Yo.@hotmail.Hehe.Com> wrote in message
>>
>> "bhash the bishop" <alex@hangus78#spamtrap#.plus.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "CapFusion" <CapFusion.Yo.@hotmail.Hehe.Com> wrote in message

>>> The driver is 6.1.1.7 from the nvidia website.
>>>
>>> VIA????? MoBo?????
>>>
>>> Alex
>>>
>> You mean 61.77 for Windows 2000 and XP...?
>> MoBo = MotherBoard
>> Or
>> MOther
>> BOard
>>
>> VIA is a chipset .
>> What MoBo do you have? Sorry, ESP abilities seem to be offline or down at
>> this time [maybe the weather is causing it]. Can you provide the model /
>> make of your Motherboard [or Mainboard].
>>
>> CapFusion,...
>>

> The PC is an E-Machine (Sold by PC World in the UK, it is an E-190)
>
> Thats all I know!!
>
> Alex

Are you sure you have this E-190 model? I can not seem to locate this model
/ PC anywhere [not even on EMachine site itself].
Without further detail / specific, I guess you are on your own.

> "bhash the bishop" <alex@hangus78#spamtrap#.plus.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "CapFusion" <CapFusion.Yo.@hotmail.Hehe.Com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "bhash the bishop" <alex@hangus78#spamtrap#.plus.com> wrote in message

>>> You mean 61.77 for Windows 2000 and XP...?
>>> MoBo = MotherBoard
>>> Or
>>> MOther
>>> BOard
>>>
>>> VIA is a chipset .
>>> What MoBo do you have? Sorry, ESP abilities seem to be offline or down
>>> at this time [maybe the weather is causing it]. Can you provide the
>>> model / make of your Motherboard [or Mainboard].
>>>
>>> CapFusion,...
>>>

>> The PC is an E-Machine (Sold by PC World in the UK, it is an E-190)
>>
>> Thats all I know!!
>>
>> Alex
>
> Are you sure you have this E-190 model? I can not seem to locate this
> model / PC anywhere [not even on EMachine site itself].
> Without further detail / specific, I guess you are on your own.
>
> CapFusion,...

BTW, can you answer to my very first post.

CapFusion,...

The E190 is a UK specific model, only sold in one shop (It was given to us
when our old one blew up, we did not have a choice!!).
The pc does not have an agp slot just a standard PCI one.

This is honestly all I know!

> The E190 is a UK specific model, only sold in one shop (It was given to us
> when our old one blew up, we did not have a choice!!).
> The pc does not have an agp slot just a standard PCI one.
>
> This is honestly all I know!
>
> Alex

Please provide history when reply / respond. Alot easier for anyone to look
back for review.

Then all I can say is, I do not know. E190 do not come up anywhere and
especially not on their own site.
The only other way of checking is to open that PC and look inside of what it
use. If it under a heatsink or something and you comfort, then you may check
what it is about. Otherwise, there no specific or base to go by. If you
still want to further pursuit this problem, you may need to bring to a local
PC tech shop to help you find this answer or trouble-shoot the cause. Since
my ESP is offline and my crystal ball is missing, I can not see your PC to
help further.

The only possible thing you can do -
Uninstall and Reinstall the driver - IIRC you already have done that.
Find any MoBo utilities that supply with your PC. and try to reinstall
again. - Getting update utilites is not an option since E190 model cannot be
found.

The last option is to forget the whole thing and have this PC use as
Webbrowsing or use as normal application task and get another better PC for
your game or heavy 3D graphic task.

OpenGL will operate if the driver installed correctly and MoBo utilities /
driver is correctly install.

CapFusion,...