The Introduction - 21 minute short film

I'm aware that there was some sort of special edition available that
included a sort of extra-long cutscene which was a prologue to San Andreas.
I believe it's imaginatively called "The Introduction"

Since I can't find anywhere to purchase it, is it available to watch
anywhere on the Internet?

I realise that I am straying into territory that I usually flame people for
when they come along asking for game downloads, but I've tried and failed to
see this introduction by any other means.

Cheers

Chris

Chris Wright wrote:

> I'm aware that there was some sort of special edition available that
> included a sort of extra-long cutscene which was a prologue to San Andreas.
> I believe it's imaginatively called "The Introduction"
>
> Since I can't find anywhere to purchase it, is it available to watch
> anywhere on the Internet?
>
> I realise that I am straying into territory that I usually flame people for
> when they come along asking for game downloads, but I've tried and failed to
> see this introduction by any other means.
>
> Cheers
>
> Chris

it says on the website

* "The Introduction" DVD is exclusively available with purchase of the
San Andreas Official Soundtrack Double CD. Visit the SOUNDTRACK
section for more details...

but there's a clip of it on there. I followed the link on here as it
seemed to work better at getting you into the site, then I think I
went to 'downloads' It's a 4 mb file

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3136810&did=1

--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
Stop and Look

"Paul Heslop" <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message

> it says on the website
>
> * "The Introduction" DVD is exclusively available with purchase of the
> San Andreas Official Soundtrack Double CD. Visit the SOUNDTRACK
> section for more details...
>
> but there's a clip of it on there. I followed the link on here as it
> seemed to work better at getting you into the site, then I think I
> went to 'downloads' It's a 4 mb file
>
> http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3136810&did=1
>
> --
> Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")

Cheers Paul

I don't want to have to go through the pain of buying the soundtrack in
order to get the DVD. I think the soundtrack for SA is two dimensional and
too heavy on rap and hip hop and other stuff that I just plain don't like.
I'll watch that clip though, it might give me an idea of what I'm missing.

Cheers

Chris

Chris Wright wrote:
> "Paul Heslop" <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
>

>>it says on the website
>>
>>* "The Introduction" DVD is exclusively available with purchase of the
>>San Andreas Official Soundtrack Double CD. Visit the SOUNDTRACK
>>section for more details...
>>
>>but there's a clip of it on there. I followed the link on here as it
>>seemed to work better at getting you into the site, then I think I
>>went to 'downloads' It's a 4 mb file
>>
>>http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3136810&did=1
>>
>>--
>>Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
>>-----------------------------------------------------
>

> Cheers Paul
>
> I don't want to have to go through the pain of buying the soundtrack in
> order to get the DVD. I think the soundtrack for SA is two dimensional and
> too heavy on rap and hip hop and other stuff that I just plain don't like.
> I'll watch that clip though, it might give me an idea of what I'm missing.
>
> Cheers
>
> Chris

the problem, for me, of the soundtrack CDs is that they don't have all the funny DJ chatter and
commercial breaks.

"Pope Phil" <pope_phil_minty@sunbgeniuz-yaho.co.uk> wrote in message

> the problem, for me, of the soundtrack CDs is that they don't have all the
funny DJ chatter and
> commercial breaks.

If you're more interested in that side of things than the audio quality (or
indeed content) then why not just rip the audio data direct from the DVD?

There's a good program available for doing this for the PS2 - even if you
don't own one, or don't have SA for the PS2, you can download a PS2 DVD
image and use that as the basis for your rip.

I don't think there are too many people on this group who'd have a problem
with legit PC-version owners downloading a PS2 copy so they can use the
superior radio-ripper to make up their own CD.

http://www.tinyted.net/eddie/SanAndreasRadio/

There was a little program for Vice City that converted the .adf sound files
containing the radio stations into mp3s, so you could then burn them onto a
CD if you were so inclined. I cruised around in real life listening to Wave
102 for a couple of weeks, it was great.

You can get it here:
http://www.thegtaplace.com/pafiledb.php?action=file&id=262

Bear in mind, however, that this creates one long mp3 with everything on it.
If you want to be able to skip tracks and such, you will have to put some
time in with a sound editing program.

Whether such a thing exists for San Andreas, I don't know. I wonder if the
same program would work on the SA radio stations.

Cheers

Chris

Andrew

On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 13:54:40 +0100, "Chris Wright" <nospam@chris.com>
wrote:

>Whether such a thing exists for San Andreas, I don't know. I wonder if the
>same program would work on the SA radio stations.

No it doesn't :-(

I have XBox.

In message <42de2585$1@nntp.onyx.net>
"Chris Wright" <nospam@chris.com> wrote:

> Since I can't find anywhere to purchase it, is it available to watch
> anywhere on the Internet?

I very much doubt it. Have you tried play.com ?

My local HMV has it, but at 23ukp I've put off buying it, it's just too
much to spend on a double disk CD just for an extra when I've already
got the box set OST.

Cheers,
Rob

Play.com - £12.99 with free delivery, in stock.

Cheers,
Rob

Chris Wright wrote:

> "Paul Heslop" <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
>
> > it says on the website
> >
> > * "The Introduction" DVD is exclusively available with purchase of the
> > San Andreas Official Soundtrack Double CD. Visit the SOUNDTRACK
> > section for more details...
> >
> > but there's a clip of it on there. I followed the link on here as it
> > seemed to work better at getting you into the site, then I think I
> > went to 'downloads' It's a 4 mb file
> >
> > http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3136810&did=1
> >
> > --
> > Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
>
> Cheers Paul
>
> I don't want to have to go through the pain of buying the soundtrack in
> order to get the DVD. I think the soundtrack for SA is two dimensional and
> too heavy on rap and hip hop and other stuff that I just plain don't like.
> I'll watch that clip though, it might give me an idea of what I'm missing.
>
> Cheers
>
> Chris

I'm not keen on the whole soundtrack either, in fact there's only
snatches I'll listen to nowadays
--

On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 11:21:27 +0100, "Chris Wright" <nospam@chris.com>
wrote:

>I'm aware that there was some sort of special edition available that
>included a sort of extra-long cutscene which was a prologue to San Andreas.
>I believe it's imaginatively called "The Introduction"
>
>Since I can't find anywhere to purchase it, is it available to watch
>anywhere on the Internet?
>
>I realise that I am straying into territory that I usually flame people for
>when they come along asking for game downloads, but I've tried and failed to
>see this introduction by any other means.

I've heard about it knocking around on yer file sharing progs. I
wouldn't know which or how though.

andyt

"Andy Turner" <andyt@nospam.demon.co.uk> wrote in message

> I've heard about it knocking around on yer file sharing progs. I
> wouldn't know which or how though.

Just downloaded it. Watched 2 minutes, then got bored. It's really for
people who haven't yet got the game...

shark

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 01:15:17 GMT, "G Hardy"
<gareth.hardy1@ntlwrold.com> wrote:

>Just downloaded it. Watched 2 minutes, then got bored. It's really for
>people who haven't yet got the game...

Hi,

Please be kind and share the link for us all to enjoy or get board
with ourselves.

Thanks...

"Shark" <Shark@shark.com> wrote in message
> On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 01:15:17 GMT, "G Hardy"
> <gareth.hardy1@ntlwrold.com> wrote:
>
>>Just downloaded it. Watched 2 minutes, then got bored. It's really for
>>people who haven't yet got the game...
>

> Hi,
>
> Please be kind and share the link for us all to enjoy or get board
> with ourselves.
>
> Thanks...

I found it.

I liked it myself, it's a nice little setup piece for San Andreas,
introducing some of the characters and hinting at bits of the story. There's
also a sizeable portion of it that takes place in Liberty City, which is
nice and reminiscent to see.

shark

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 11:07:04 +0100, "Chris Wright" <nospam@chris.com>
wrote:

>I found it.

Please post the link in a reply to this message.

> On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 11:07:04 +0100, "Chris Wright" <nospam@chris.com>
> wrote:
>
>>I found it.
>
> Please post the link in a reply to this message.
>
> Thanks.

I can't post a link to it, I ended up borrowing it from someone who had the
soundtrack CD. Sorry.