The Introduction - 21 minute short film

Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

I'm aware that there was some sort of special edition available that
included a sort of extra-long cutscene which was a prologue to San Andreas.
I believe it's imaginatively called "The Introduction"

Since I can't find anywhere to purchase it, is it available to watch
anywhere on the Internet?

I realise that I am straying into territory that I usually flame people for
when they come along asking for game downloads, but I've tried and failed to
see this introduction by any other means.

Cheers

Chris
16 answers Last reply
More about introduction minute short film
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    Chris Wright wrote:
    >
    > I'm aware that there was some sort of special edition available that
    > included a sort of extra-long cutscene which was a prologue to San Andreas.
    > I believe it's imaginatively called "The Introduction"
    >
    > Since I can't find anywhere to purchase it, is it available to watch
    > anywhere on the Internet?
    >
    > I realise that I am straying into territory that I usually flame people for
    > when they come along asking for game downloads, but I've tried and failed to
    > see this introduction by any other means.
    >
    > Cheers
    >
    > Chris

    it says on the website

    * "The Introduction" DVD is exclusively available with purchase of the
    San Andreas Official Soundtrack Double CD. Visit the SOUNDTRACK
    section for more details...

    but there's a clip of it on there. I followed the link on here as it
    seemed to work better at getting you into the site, then I think I
    went to 'downloads' It's a 4 mb file

    http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3136810&did=1

    --
    Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Stop and Look
    http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    "Paul Heslop" <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
    news:42DE3698.18A1847F@blueyonder.co.uk...

    > it says on the website
    >
    > * "The Introduction" DVD is exclusively available with purchase of the
    > San Andreas Official Soundtrack Double CD. Visit the SOUNDTRACK
    > section for more details...
    >
    > but there's a clip of it on there. I followed the link on here as it
    > seemed to work better at getting you into the site, then I think I
    > went to 'downloads' It's a 4 mb file
    >
    > http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3136810&did=1
    >
    > --
    > Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
    > -----------------------------------------------------

    Cheers Paul

    I don't want to have to go through the pain of buying the soundtrack in
    order to get the DVD. I think the soundtrack for SA is two dimensional and
    too heavy on rap and hip hop and other stuff that I just plain don't like.
    I'll watch that clip though, it might give me an idea of what I'm missing.

    Cheers

    Chris
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    Chris Wright wrote:
    > "Paul Heslop" <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
    > news:42DE3698.18A1847F@blueyonder.co.uk...
    >
    >
    >>it says on the website
    >>
    >>* "The Introduction" DVD is exclusively available with purchase of the
    >>San Andreas Official Soundtrack Double CD. Visit the SOUNDTRACK
    >>section for more details...
    >>
    >>but there's a clip of it on there. I followed the link on here as it
    >>seemed to work better at getting you into the site, then I think I
    >>went to 'downloads' It's a 4 mb file
    >>
    >>http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3136810&did=1
    >>
    >>--
    >>Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
    >>-----------------------------------------------------
    >
    >
    > Cheers Paul
    >
    > I don't want to have to go through the pain of buying the soundtrack in
    > order to get the DVD. I think the soundtrack for SA is two dimensional and
    > too heavy on rap and hip hop and other stuff that I just plain don't like.
    > I'll watch that clip though, it might give me an idea of what I'm missing.
    >
    > Cheers
    >
    > Chris
    >
    >

    the problem, for me, of the soundtrack CDs is that they don't have all the funny DJ chatter and
    commercial breaks.
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    "Pope Phil" <pope_phil_minty@sunbgeniuz-yaho.co.uk> wrote in message

    > the problem, for me, of the soundtrack CDs is that they don't have all the
    funny DJ chatter and
    > commercial breaks.

    If you're more interested in that side of things than the audio quality (or
    indeed content) then why not just rip the audio data direct from the DVD?

    There's a good program available for doing this for the PS2 - even if you
    don't own one, or don't have SA for the PS2, you can download a PS2 DVD
    image and use that as the basis for your rip.

    I don't think there are too many people on this group who'd have a problem
    with legit PC-version owners downloading a PS2 copy so they can use the
    superior radio-ripper to make up their own CD.

    http://www.tinyted.net/eddie/SanAndreasRadio/
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    There was a little program for Vice City that converted the .adf sound files
    containing the radio stations into mp3s, so you could then burn them onto a
    CD if you were so inclined. I cruised around in real life listening to Wave
    102 for a couple of weeks, it was great.

    You can get it here:
    http://www.thegtaplace.com/pafiledb.php?action=file&id=262

    Bear in mind, however, that this creates one long mp3 with everything on it.
    If you want to be able to skip tracks and such, you will have to put some
    time in with a sound editing program.

    Whether such a thing exists for San Andreas, I don't know. I wonder if the
    same program would work on the SA radio stations.

    Cheers

    Chris
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 13:54:40 +0100, "Chris Wright" <nospam@chris.com>
    wrote:

    >Whether such a thing exists for San Andreas, I don't know. I wonder if the
    >same program would work on the SA radio stations.

    No it doesn't :-(
    --
    Andrew, contact via interpleb.blogspot.com
    Help make Usenet a better place: English is read downwards,
    please don't top post. Trim replies to quote only relevant text.
    Check groups.google.com before asking an obvious question.
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    I have XBox.

    G Hardy wrote:
    > "Pope Phil" <pope_phil_minty@sunbgeniuz-yaho.co.uk> wrote in message
    >
    >
    >>the problem, for me, of the soundtrack CDs is that they don't have all the
    >
    > funny DJ chatter and
    >
    >>commercial breaks.
    >
    >
    > If you're more interested in that side of things than the audio quality (or
    > indeed content) then why not just rip the audio data direct from the DVD?
    >
    > There's a good program available for doing this for the PS2 - even if you
    > don't own one, or don't have SA for the PS2, you can download a PS2 DVD
    > image and use that as the basis for your rip.
    >
    > I don't think there are too many people on this group who'd have a problem
    > with legit PC-version owners downloading a PS2 copy so they can use the
    > superior radio-ripper to make up their own CD.
    >
    > http://www.tinyted.net/eddie/SanAndreasRadio/
    >
    >
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    In message <42de2585$1@nntp.onyx.net>
    "Chris Wright" <nospam@chris.com> wrote:

    > Since I can't find anywhere to purchase it, is it available to watch
    > anywhere on the Internet?

    I very much doubt it. Have you tried play.com ?

    My local HMV has it, but at 23ukp I've put off buying it, it's just too
    much to spend on a double disk CD just for an extra when I've already
    got the box set OST.


    Cheers,
    Rob
    --
    ..__ __ |__ |__ .|__ __ | Rob White, Half Man Half Biscuit.
    | / \| \ | | || ||| /__\ | mflt35@dsl.pipex.com
    | \__/|__/ |_|_|| |||__\___ | Wimbledon, London, England.
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    Play.com - £12.99 with free delivery, in stock.


    Cheers,
    Rob
    --
    ..__ __ |__ |__ .|__ __ | Rob White, Half Man Half Biscuit.
    | / \| \ | | || ||| /__\ | mflt35@dsl.pipex.com
    | \__/|__/ |_|_|| |||__\___ | Wimbledon, London, England.
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    Chris Wright wrote:
    >
    > "Paul Heslop" <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
    > news:42DE3698.18A1847F@blueyonder.co.uk...
    >
    > > it says on the website
    > >
    > > * "The Introduction" DVD is exclusively available with purchase of the
    > > San Andreas Official Soundtrack Double CD. Visit the SOUNDTRACK
    > > section for more details...
    > >
    > > but there's a clip of it on there. I followed the link on here as it
    > > seemed to work better at getting you into the site, then I think I
    > > went to 'downloads' It's a 4 mb file
    > >
    > > http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3136810&did=1
    > >
    > > --
    > > Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
    > > -----------------------------------------------------
    >
    > Cheers Paul
    >
    > I don't want to have to go through the pain of buying the soundtrack in
    > order to get the DVD. I think the soundtrack for SA is two dimensional and
    > too heavy on rap and hip hop and other stuff that I just plain don't like.
    > I'll watch that clip though, it might give me an idea of what I'm missing.
    >
    > Cheers
    >
    > Chris

    I'm not keen on the whole soundtrack either, in fact there's only
    snatches I'll listen to nowadays
    --
    Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Stop and Look
    http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/
  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 11:21:27 +0100, "Chris Wright" <nospam@chris.com>
    wrote:

    >I'm aware that there was some sort of special edition available that
    >included a sort of extra-long cutscene which was a prologue to San Andreas.
    >I believe it's imaginatively called "The Introduction"
    >
    >Since I can't find anywhere to purchase it, is it available to watch
    >anywhere on the Internet?
    >
    >I realise that I am straying into territory that I usually flame people for
    >when they come along asking for game downloads, but I've tried and failed to
    >see this introduction by any other means.

    I've heard about it knocking around on yer file sharing progs. I
    wouldn't know which or how though.


    andyt
  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    "Andy Turner" <andyt@nospam.demon.co.uk> wrote in message

    > I've heard about it knocking around on yer file sharing progs. I
    > wouldn't know which or how though.

    Just downloaded it. Watched 2 minutes, then got bored. It's really for
    people who haven't yet got the game...
  13. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 01:15:17 GMT, "G Hardy"
    <gareth.hardy1@ntlwrold.com> wrote:

    >Just downloaded it. Watched 2 minutes, then got bored. It's really for
    >people who haven't yet got the game...


    Hi,

    Please be kind and share the link for us all to enjoy or get board
    with ourselves.

    Thanks...
  14. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    "Shark" <Shark@shark.com> wrote in message
    news:4kk4e1htsf5mhgbi9la882po1ikdq5vfgr@4ax.com...
    > On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 01:15:17 GMT, "G Hardy"
    > <gareth.hardy1@ntlwrold.com> wrote:
    >
    >>Just downloaded it. Watched 2 minutes, then got bored. It's really for
    >>people who haven't yet got the game...
    >
    >
    > Hi,
    >
    > Please be kind and share the link for us all to enjoy or get board
    > with ourselves.
    >
    > Thanks...

    I found it.

    I liked it myself, it's a nice little setup piece for San Andreas,
    introducing some of the characters and hinting at bits of the story. There's
    also a sizeable portion of it that takes place in Liberty City, which is
    nice and reminiscent to see.
  15. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 11:07:04 +0100, "Chris Wright" <nospam@chris.com>
    wrote:

    >I found it.

    Please post the link in a reply to this message.

    Thanks.
  16. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    "Shark" <Shark@shark.com> wrote in message
    news:5d8ae1lenj44ql8ki2ekn7u0j9oml4aee4@4ax.com...
    > On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 11:07:04 +0100, "Chris Wright" <nospam@chris.com>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>I found it.
    >
    > Please post the link in a reply to this message.
    >
    > Thanks.

    I can't post a link to it, I ended up borrowing it from someone who had the
    soundtrack CD. Sorry.
Ask a new question

Read More

Games Internet Video Games