Trying to identify my video card

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
a b U Graphics card
September 30, 2004 10:58:55 AM

I am trying to identify my video card. I believe that it is some kind
of GeForce2, because I have seen the 0378TX associated with it on this
newsgroup 2 times. But perhaps someone can tell me which GeForce2 it
is.

Dell 0378TX DELL AGP VIDEO CARD DIMENSION

The fan covers the chip, so I can't identify it, but the bar code
reads:

DS/N CN -0378TX - 44571 - 116 - 2566 C/O CN

Thank you.

David Wakefield

More about : identify video card

Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
September 30, 2004 2:39:11 PM

"David Wakefield" <dwakefield@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to identify my video card. I believe that it is some kind
> of GeForce2, because I have seen the 0378TX associated with it on this
> newsgroup 2 times. But perhaps someone can tell me which GeForce2 it
> is.
>

> Dell 0378TX DELL AGP VIDEO CARD DIMENSION
>
> The fan covers the chip, so I can't identify it, but the bar code
> reads:
>
> DS/N CN -0378TX - 44571 - 116 - 2566 C/O CN
>
> Thank you.
>
> David Wakefield

This is what came up in short period of time.
For Dell Dimension 4100 -
http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/dzuul/spe...
http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/dzuul/tec...

Code and error message as references if need later -
http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/dzuul/cod...

From what I can tell, Dimension 4100 have serveral version or configuration.
You may have the following -
ATi:
ATi 32MB Radeon or ATi 16MB Rage 128 Pro
nVidiea:
NVidia 32MB or 64MB Geforce2 GTS or simply a NVIDIA 32MB Geforce or NVIDIA
32MB TNT II M64 4X AGP

You should have a documentation that come with your 4100 model and it should
tell you the specification.

For better answer, it is better to contact the maker or source of the item.
Any third party provide the answer simply just guessing or copy from the
source.

CapFusion,...
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
September 30, 2004 5:06:37 PM

Run WCPUID and report the Device ID for your VGA card.

http://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA002374/src/download.ht...

Select View | Device List and look for the VGA controller. The
VendorID will probably be 10DEh, meaning NVIDIA. Then the DeviceID
will be one of the following:

0110h = GeForce2 MX/MX 400
0111h = GeForce2 MX 100/200
0150h = GeForce2 GTS/Pro
0151h = GeForce2 Ti
0152h = GeForce2 Ultra
0153h = Quadro2 Pro

If it's not one of these, it's probably not a GeForce2.

I took this list from the nv4_disp.inf file found in the NVIDIA driver
package, BTW.
a b U Graphics card
September 30, 2004 6:53:29 PM

"Jeremy Stanley" <stanmuffin@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Run WCPUID and report the Device ID for your VGA card.
>
> http://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA002374/src/download.ht...
>
> Select View | Device List and look for the VGA controller. The
> VendorID will probably be 10DEh, meaning NVIDIA. Then the DeviceID
> will be one of the following:
>
> 0110h = GeForce2 MX/MX 400
> 0111h = GeForce2 MX 100/200
> 0150h = GeForce2 GTS/Pro
> 0151h = GeForce2 Ti
> 0152h = GeForce2 Ultra
> 0153h = Quadro2 Pro
>
> If it's not one of these, it's probably not a GeForce2.
>
> I took this list from the nv4_disp.inf file found in the NVIDIA driver
> package, BTW.

Humm... That very clever. I would not think about that.
I will to remember this.

CapFusion,...
September 30, 2004 9:33:11 PM

"David Wakefield" <dwakefield@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to identify my video card. I believe that it is some kind
> of GeForce2, because I have seen the 0378TX associated with it on this
> newsgroup 2 times. But perhaps someone can tell me which GeForce2 it
> is.
>

> Dell 0378TX DELL AGP VIDEO CARD DIMENSION
>
> The fan covers the chip, so I can't identify it, but the bar code
> reads:
>
> DS/N CN -0378TX - 44571 - 116 - 2566 C/O CN
>
> Thank you.
>
> David Wakefield

You could try taking the heatsink off and reading it off the GPU
October 1, 2004 1:35:14 AM

did you look under the display settings?
"David Wakefield" <dwakefield@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to identify my video card. I believe that it is some kind
> of GeForce2, because I have seen the 0378TX associated with it on this
> newsgroup 2 times. But perhaps someone can tell me which GeForce2 it
> is.
>

> Dell 0378TX DELL AGP VIDEO CARD DIMENSION
>
> The fan covers the chip, so I can't identify it, but the bar code
> reads:
>
> DS/N CN -0378TX - 44571 - 116 - 2566 C/O CN
>
> Thank you.
>
> David Wakefield
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
October 1, 2004 6:34:30 AM

IF it is an nVidia card, you can install any of the detonators, and it will
tell you exactly what card it is.

"David Wakefield" <dwakefield@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I am trying to identify my video card. I believe that it is some kind
> of GeForce2, because I have seen the 0378TX associated with it on this
> newsgroup 2 times. But perhaps someone can tell me which GeForce2 it
> is.
>

> Dell 0378TX DELL AGP VIDEO CARD DIMENSION
>
> The fan covers the chip, so I can't identify it, but the bar code
> reads:
>
> DS/N CN -0378TX - 44571 - 116 - 2566 C/O CN
>
> Thank you.
>
> David Wakefield
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
October 1, 2004 7:56:20 AM

You can tell what video card it is a couple of ways.
You can look in device manager in Windows and it should list what your video
card is under display adapters.

You can also run DXDIAG for DirectX which will have a display tab and all the
information about your graphic card.

Another way is to use system information software such as 3Dmark, Sisoft Sandra
or Aida 32 etc..

There are a few more ways but what I listed should tell you what you need to
know.
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
October 1, 2004 12:30:12 PM

BigJIm wrote:

> did you look under the display settings?
> "David Wakefield" <dwakefield@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > I am trying to identify my video card. I believe that it is some
> > kind of GeForce2, because I have seen the 0378TX associated with it
> > on this newsgroup 2 times. But perhaps someone can tell me which
> > GeForce2 it is.

Download a program called Everest Home edition (google for it). Will
tell you what video card you have and a lot more about your system.

regards

@ndrew
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card