cpu bottleneck?

I recently upgraded my vid card from ATI 9500 Pro 128MB to an FX9500 ultra
256MB and I am not getting the increase I thought I would.
My processor is the original P4 2.0 GHz running on the 850 chipset with
512MB of RAM.
Is it time to upgrade the proc also?
If so, what is the reccommended speed?
I am looking at an AMD 64 3000 with an Asus MB with 1GB of RAM.

TIA

Brad

predator

Distinguished
May 6, 2004

didn't do your homework? It isn't much of a videocard upgrade

"Brad Rogers" <t> wrote in message
>I recently upgraded my vid card from ATI 9500 Pro 128MB to an FX9500 ultra
> 256MB and I am not getting the increase I thought I would.
> My processor is the original P4 2.0 GHz running on the 850 chipset with
> 512MB of RAM.
> Is it time to upgrade the proc also?
> If so, what is the reccommended speed?
> I am looking at an AMD 64 3000 with an Asus MB with 1GB of RAM.
>
> TIA
>
> Brad

"Brad Rogers" wrote ...
> I recently upgraded my vid card from ATI 9500 Pro 128MB to an FX9500 ultra
> 256MB and I am not getting the increase I thought I would.
> My processor is the original P4 2.0 GHz running on the 850 chipset with
> 512MB of RAM.

There's bottleneck: 2 ghz P4 since you stated no increase after video card
switch.

> Is it time to upgrade the proc also?

Yes but afraid not cuz that chipset 850's fsb is 400. If it is 850e,
then thats 533 fsb. The last P4 with 533 fsb was P4 3.06 (with HT!).
Another one thing was that this motherboard only had 4x agp.

> If so, what is the reccommended speed?
> I am looking at an AMD 64 3000 with an Asus MB with 1GB of RAM.

Got $$$? Buy and you won't be disappointed!!

X800 Pro alteast or maybe a 6800 GT would have been better :)

On Fri, 1 Oct 2004 11:33:05 -0400, "Predator"
<predator.this@predator.that> wrote:

>didn't do your homework? It isn't much of a videocard upgrade
>
>"Brad Rogers" <t> wrote in message
>>I recently upgraded my vid card from ATI 9500 Pro 128MB to an FX9500 ultra
>> 256MB and I am not getting the increase I thought I would.
>> My processor is the original P4 2.0 GHz running on the 850 chipset with
>> 512MB of RAM.
>> Is it time to upgrade the proc also?
>> If so, what is the reccommended speed?
>> I am looking at an AMD 64 3000 with an Asus MB with 1GB of RAM.
>>
>> TIA
>>
>> Brad

Well, when you show me where I can get a 6800GT or X800 pro for $175 let me
know and I will get it.

Brad