Leadtek A400 TDH 6800 (non ultra) vs Shuttle SN85G4v2

Hi,

I would like to buy Leadtek for my SFF (mostly because is supposed to be
rather low-noise), but as Sn85G4 has problems with overheating NIC, I have
my PCI slot occupied by PCI lan card. So I am afraid whether Leadtek will
fit, as it has cooler on both sides of PCB.

How big is that additional cooler?

Also: Is Leadtek really as low-noise as suggested by reviews? I do not care
too much about performance (as long as I can play DOOM3 at 1024*768 :), but
noise is really the issue for me....

Mirek
4 answers Last reply
More about leadtek a400 6800 ultra shuttle sn85g4v2

    Mirek Fídler thought long and hard, then said...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I would like to buy Leadtek for my SFF (mostly because is supposed to be
    > rather low-noise), but as Sn85G4 has problems with overheating NIC, I have
    > my PCI slot occupied by PCI lan card. So I am afraid whether Leadtek will
    > fit, as it has cooler on both sides of PCB.
    >
    > How big is that additional cooler?
    >
    > Also: Is Leadtek really as low-noise as suggested by reviews? I do not care
    > too much about performance (as long as I can play DOOM3 at 1024*768 :), but
    > noise is really the issue for me....
    >
    > Mirek

    I've got an MSI 6800 card in my Shuttle SB51G, and aside from having to
    upgrade to Shuttle's SilentX 250w power supply, I've had no problems at
    all (and this is with the PCI slot filled as well). It's extremely
    quiet, more so than the PNY Ti4200 it replaces.

    --
    Kevin Steele
    RetroBlast! Retrogaming News and Reviews

    "Mirek Fídler" <cxl@volny.cz> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I would like to buy Leadtek for my SFF (mostly because is supposed to be
    > rather low-noise), but as Sn85G4 has problems with overheating NIC, I have
    > my PCI slot occupied by PCI lan card. So I am afraid whether Leadtek will
    > fit, as it has cooler on both sides of PCB.
    >
    > How big is that additional cooler?
    >
    > Also: Is Leadtek really as low-noise as suggested by reviews? I do not
    > care
    > too much about performance (as long as I can play DOOM3 at 1024*768 :),
    > but
    > noise is really the issue for me....
    >
    > Mirek

    I have a Leadtek 6800GT, the cooling solution is massive, but the card is no
    longer then my old FX5700 Ultra. I have a tower case and i have loads of
    space for said card.

    The card is also quiet, IMO....but gets hot.

    "Richard Dower" <richarddower@hotmail.com> pí¹e v diskusním pøíspìvku

    > "Mirek Fídler" <cxl@volny.cz> wrote in message
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > I would like to buy Leadtek for my SFF (mostly because is supposed to be
    > > rather low-noise), but as Sn85G4 has problems with overheating NIC, I
    have
    > > my PCI slot occupied by PCI lan card. So I am afraid whether Leadtek
    will
    > > fit, as it has cooler on both sides of PCB.
    > >
    > > How big is that additional cooler?
    > >
    > > Also: Is Leadtek really as low-noise as suggested by reviews? I do not
    > > care
    > > too much about performance (as long as I can play DOOM3 at 1024*768 :),
    > > but
    > > noise is really the issue for me....
    > >
    > > Mirek
    > >

    > I have a Leadtek 6800GT, the cooling solution is massive, but the card is
    no
    > longer then my old FX5700 Ultra. I have a tower case and i have loads of
    > space for said card.
    >
    > The card is also quiet, IMO....but gets hot.

    Well, but problem I have is that this card have heatsink on pcb side. And
    SN85G4 layout has swaped PCI and AGP slots (AGP is placed close to case
    cover) so that there is PCI slot with card on PCB side of AGP card (unlike
    any standard ATX board).

    My problem is height of PCB side heatsink (one without fan).

    Mirek

    "Kevin Steele" <net-replyDEL@DELadelphia.net> pí¨e v diskusním príspevku

    >I've got an MSI 6800 card in my Shuttle SB51G, and aside from having to
    >upgrade to Shuttle's SilentX 250w power supply, I've had no problems at
    >all (and this is with the PCI slot filled as well). It's extremely
    >quiet, more so than the PNY Ti4200 it replaces.

    Yes, MSI is second option, but it is a little bit expensive compared to MSI

    I also consider Gainward 6800LE (very cheap) and optionaly mod fan to lower
    voltage and possibly underclock.

    Mirek

Nvidia Shuttle Cooling Leadtek Graphics